• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Tom Holland to play Jak, Chris Pratt eyed to voice Daxter in live action Jak and Daxter movie from Sony directed by Ruben Fleischer (Venom, Un

i knew it was goona be tom holland , pic needs chris pratt shopped in

FvtgZxZXoCcPYyc.jpg

marky mark would have been good too

50NeGIr.png

Came here to post this. Give me Mark Wahlberg Daxter with an over the top Boston accent and I'll see this in theaters in imax 5D

Chris Pratt is the new billion dollar voice of Mario, there's zero chance he'd do a straight to netflix meme film like jack and dexter

Andrenicks

Neo Member
After destroying Spider-Man and Nathan Drake, how many more characters does Holland have to kill before they realize he's broken the f*ck up?

Holammer

Sounds like a property that should be CG animated tbh. Like the Ratchet and Clank movie! But it bombed horribly, so live action it is.

I can't image a Jak movie being an adaptation of just the first game, I don't think it has enough story for a full movie.
Two, best friend, treasure hunters go on a quest to find a grand treasure. Due to an accident, one of them falls into magic and becomes a small creature. The other one blames himself for this happening. They ask their knowledgeable grandfather how to cure him. He points them to a sage that lives far away, and they will have to go on a grand adventure to reach him and get the cure. Along the way, the two will have to get along as they navigate the dangerous lands to ultimately find the cure. Write some funny lines and quips. Create some goofy scenarios between the two as they form a better friendship. In the end, a lesson is learned about acceptance and friendship coming first, and the one who is a creature decides to stay as a creature for his friend's wellbeing as a tear-jerker scene.

Done.

clap-excited.gif

This is easily a 1-hour 30 minute animated movie, let alone a live action one.

This is why I want Jak 2 to be it's own entry. Jak 2 is where things open up more and Jak 1's dreamworks-esque lighthearted adventure story is a good way to ease people into seats so that part 2's serious cyberpunk/steampunk world can be a bit more experimental and also a nice surprise.

TidusYuna

Sony been pairing tv/movie releases with game releases so I'm down for it if it means Jak and Daxter is coming back to Playstation.

I don't have any issue with there being a movie, or the acting talent, but this really should be animated. You're never going to get those ears to work on a real person without it looking full uncanny valley.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
So the director of two "eh" movies is doing a neew movie about a game that is not even that big?

I Dont Care What GIF by Bounce

Unknown?

I don't have any issue with there being a movie, or the acting talent, but this really should be animated. You're never going to get those ears to work on a real person without it looking full uncanny valley.
Live action can still have lots of CG. I don't see why they can't use that to make him look like Jak.

Sorcerer

Holland is boxing himself in to be typecast as Spider-Man forever. Maybe not a bad move, how many actors after portraying superhero's have achieved that kind of success in other roles? Isn't he breaking tradition and doing a 4th movie? Usually, actors leave after 3. Lucky for him Sony got his back and will offer him everything and anything first for being their Spider Boy.

Unknown?

Anyone else enjoy the Ratchet movie? It wasn't anything special, but was entertaining. I see it like the Mario movie, nothing to write home about, but enjoyable.

It would do better had it released now. It was ahead of its time.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Is sony dead?
They are not making anything new. Everything is getting movie adaptation and getting milked.
Crisis is looming over playstation and it pains me to say so.
It is still 100x better than xbox but it's not what i used to be

bender

What time is it?
Is sony dead?
They are not making anything new. Everything is getting movie adaptation and getting milked.
nervous-anxious.gif

Rumor.

Is sony dead?
No. They released a 3rd party exclusive genre defining game earlier this year called Forspoken. Have you heard of it?

Top Bottom