• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Xbox One console - Titanfall Limited Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Still think he is Phil Spencer or connected/working with Phil at that high of a level.

On topic. Not really feeling that look

Montresor

nothing_stops_this_train-9763.gif

I always do a double take when I see this gif. I thought the point was they wanted to stop the train to steal all its meth juice? But in which context would he say "nothing stops this train?" Haha. So much of the show is foggy for me now.

Okay:

1. The leaker is for real, everything he said is for real. The end.
  2. The leaker was sent by Microsoft to smoke out cboat. This is a controlled leak.
  3. The leaker was sent by Microsoft to smoke out cboat. The stuff he's leaking is fake.
  4. This is a troll by the mods for unclear reasons (server stress test/something related to covering cboat/having fun).

5. The leaker was sent by Microsoft to combat bad press amongst the hardcore enthusiast community. The stuff he's leaking is real and effectively building hype whilst distracting from recent negative perception.

StoopKid

Kevin Dent is one of the biggest morons in this industry. Seriously cannot STAND that guy.

About the SKU, it's hard to tell, it feels like his leaks started feeling...off...starting with the Halo 3 and Halo 4 ports coming with Halo 2 Anniversary. But who knows.

Kevin dent is a asshole
BfNNPjBCIAA9KpR.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
Looks like we share the same fate. Luckily I've been down with the flu the past week, so I'm going to be 'working from home'

Haha, I may use a vacation day tomorrow if this goes on too late. I never call off from work so I can use it.

Although I feel completely pathetic calling off work because I stayed up late on a forum :p

He posted some shit I never heard so I don't know if it's right or wrong.

Also, my personal opinion is he is a ms plant. Educated opinion.

It does follow given the week of horrendous press they've had, they'd try to mitigate it a bit by controlling a series of rather positive leaks. And I think by all accounts as a gamer you'd have to smile at some of this news, a lot of it makes me very happy to know whenever I finally get an XBO down the line.

I do think that's the theory I currently am leaning toward, that the leaks are real, but it's a controlled leak in response to the beating MS has taken in the press this past week. Which is not a negative, it's good for us!

Oh good lord. It feels weird knowing so much of MS' plans through 2016.

Yea, it's gonna be a crazy day tomorrow at MS HQ. If this indeed a real unsanctioned leak, they are going to be pretty damn pissed off (to say the least).

5. The leaker was sent by Microsoft to combat bad press amongst the hardcore enthusiast community. The stuff he's leaking is real and effectively building hype whilst distracting from recent negative perception.

I don't think they'd do that, and if they did the leaks wouldn't be this extensive. This pretty much kills their E3, and some of the news wasn't met too kindly. Announcing new SKUs can only hurt sales, not help them.

VanWinkle

The guys leaks started seeming off to me starting with the Halo 3 and 4 ports coming with Halo 2 Anniversary. I don't know. Did that specific one come after the CBOAT thread? It almost feels like that one guy in the other thread was right in the leaker posting legit information and then when they caught CBOAT he started making people question the legitimacy of the information by posting crazier sounding stuff and the shady Titanfall image.

ironcreed

Banned
Desperate MS is craziest MS.

I love it. I think they need to find all kinds of creative ways to generate viral buzz over all of the doom and gloom. It's nice to see some of the great stuff that is coming down the pipeline. It makes me more excited about buying one.

Zeth

I'll say it in here just like in the other thread. Some misinterpreted the fiddle quote as nt saying "you were played like a fiddle", when in reality it was an attempt at a joke... that unfortunately fell flat and gaf took it and spun an unbelievable amount of stories rapidly.
Agreed. It was a jab - "second fiddle" referring to their dueling.

LuuKyK

I am seriously considering a scenario where this was a plan to scare leakers. Not saying mortimer is lying or trying to cover his tracks or anything like that (and honestly even if he was, I wouldn't blame him), but that junior leaker is just too suspect. There is something fishy about it, thats for sure.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I always do a double take when I see this gif. I thought the point was they wanted to stop the train to steal all its meth juice? But in which context would he say "nothing stops this train?" Haha. So much of the show is foggy for me now.

He's talking about his meth empire in general there.

Barzul

If ntkrnl is plant, good fucking job MS. It worked, I'd been delaying my Xbox One purchase, but I want that Titanfall edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom