• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR:Xperia Phablet(ZU) will use any pencil or pen as stylus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fezan

6b4f41bagw1e5mrb4h4c4j206e06twem.jpg

According to new rumors Sony is incorporating new tech in its upcoming Phablet which will allow it to use any pen or pencil as input device. Other umored specs of the Sony Xperia Z Ultra include a 6.44" 1080p display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of expandable storage, and an 8MP main camera. The phablet is expected to boot Android 4.2 Jelly Bean at launch.

Like the Sony Xperia Z, the upcoming phablet is rumored to be water resistant. The display will reportedly support input from a stylus or a pencil - the hand written note on the invitation also suggests that the feature will be present.

Please god let there be an announcement soon. I am looking to replace my S3, and the Note 3 looks so far away.

In before "OMg who would want something so huge in their pants?"

Milchjon

Please explain the tech to me. If it's not pressure sensitive, it's pretty much useless, but I assume they didn't use a resistive screen, and there's no feedback from the pen. So is it just like Nokia's super sensitive stuff? Because that would be dumb.

Or do they have some secret tech that's completely new?

Please explain the tech to me. If it's not pressure sensitive, it's pretty much useless, but I assume they didn't use a resistive screen, and there's no feedback from the pen. So is it just like Nokia's super sensitive stuff? Because that would be dumb.

Or do they have some secret tech that's completely new?

There was a patent for a resistive/capacitive hybrid screen filed years ago, not by Sony however. Its use cases were exactly the same, and of course touchable with gloves and whatnot. I'll try to find the XDA post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom