• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumored Xbox Live Spring Update List

Blader

So is backwards compatibility truly dead? That last episode (what was it, a year ago?) was pretty good, but I've still been holding out hope Oddworld Stranger's Wrath would get added to the list.

5. Preload Games Library upon dashboard bootup for faster access.

Awesome if true! This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine since I have like 50 Arcade games.

neptunes

Blader5489 said:
So is backwards compatibility truly dead? That last episode (what was it, a year ago?) was pretty good, but I've still been holding out hope Oddworld Stranger's Wrath would get added to the list.
I don't think so

IIRC, The games that are on the xbox originals stor use the same backwards compatibility code. So if they're going to continue adding worthwhile games to xbox originals, they're going to have to improve BC.

Domino Theory said:
36. Web feeds integration - text, images, audio. Includes support for specific item codes on Marketplace.
3. Introduce expanded Inside Xbox as a portal to news, weather, entertainment, help and community features.

Heh, another few baby steps towards becoming a media command center. Also:

3. Introduce expanded Inside Xbox as a portal to news, weather, entertainment, help and community features.

And people say Nintendo doesn't contribute to online! :lol

BigBoss

1. Option to delete titles from gamercard with 0 gamerscore and 0 achievements (excludes some titles that will be re-added to launch another title).

Please be true, I want to believe.

ZeoVGM

Banned
1. Option to delete titles from gamercard with 0 gamerscore and 0 achievements (excludes some titles that will be re-added to launch another title).

Awesome.

But I want there to be an option that makes it so XBLA demos don't show up at all. Ever.

11. Support for titles to store installation data on Storage Device for faster loading.

Nice!

2. New blade trim styles added.

About time, to be honest.

DuckRacer

omg rite said:
Awesome.

But I want there to be an option that makes it so XBLA demos don't show up at all. Ever.
What you quoted, if true, would let you delete XBLA trials. And the last update stops XBLA trials from being recorded to your gamercard. So basically, if true, what you're asking for would be a little pointless.

Nif

31. Option to purchase Membership for charities (includes benefits).

Does this mean my Live money will go to starving kids in Africa, or I'll be able to pay for starving kids' Live accounts? o_o

TaKeRx

11. Support for titles to store installation data on Storage Device for faster loading.

Whoa, didn't notice this. That should help on GTA.

soco

neptunes said:
people say this every time the list is leaked

just like the DivX playback

and i think pretty much every list we've ever seen before it came out was fake. go figure.

Foil

McDragon said:
XBLA demos don't show up at all now, they fixed that it in the 2007 fall update.

Yeah, the old demos still need to go as said above, but I hope that update is true so I can get rid of all the Xbox BWC games that are now showing up on my list.

GaryD

5. Calibration options for display/sound.

Hopefully this means I can boost the chat volume above the game volume. Currently I can only hear people when I use the headset on my ear. If I output the voice to my stereo it gets drowned out.

Other than that I don't care too much

Vaxadrin

Banned
borsdy said:
Let me remove shitty games from my playlist that I unfortunately unlocked achievements in too, please. I don't care about the score just get it off my history.

No, you will wear those Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 achievements like a badge of shame!

Domino Theory said:
12. Option to automatically associate new DRM to items downloaded for free.

And why is this only for free content??????? How about all content, like content that was purchased on console A but is now played on console B because A had RROD.

Fail.

Everdred

Willy Wanka said:
It sounds too good to be true but I hope the 4 person private chat listing is true.
This is really the only thing I really care about. Everything else is just extra.

Also love the scrolling long descriptions with the right stick. They take forever right now!

EDIT: Thats kind of a lie. I really want Rallisport 2 to be BC.

Shaneus

4. Copy non-protected files (pictures, music, videos) from USB storage devices, CDs and computers to proprietary storage devices.
This is my favourite... I'd love to have a selection of music on the 360 setup exclusively for games without having to go through the pain of finding shares on my network to stream it.

Draft

Wouldn't this not do anything unless the game was designed to take advantage of it? It's not like a bunch of X360 games have some secret coding on the DVD awaiting the day MS allows 3-4gb installs.

edit: Which is to say I think this one makes the list seem fake, not to mention the motion control thing.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Draft said:
Wouldn't this not do anything unless the game was designed to take advantage of it? It's not like a bunch of X360 games have some secret coding on the DVD awaiting the day MS allows 3-4gb installs.

edit: Which is to say I think this one makes the list seem fake, not to mention the motion control thing.
On the first part, sure, that's pretty obvious.

You don't think Microsoft is planning a motion controller?

mollipen

24. Option to disable invites from titles not on gamercard (excludes demos).
5. Preload Games Library upon dashboard bootup for faster access.

33. Disable notifications to friends of user repeatedly signing into service (set period).
14. Long descriptions of items on Marketplace can be scrolled using right stick.
14. Option to change text colors on guide to better contrast some backgrounds.

I REALLY want these, especially the bolded.

39. Support for limited 'winks' that display on dashboard interface. Option to disable 'winks' and 'nudges' added.

Oh sweet lord no.

Draft

Geek said:
On the first part, sure, that's pretty obvious.

You don't think Microsoft is planning a motion controller?
I dunno, maybe. If they were, I guess this would be as good a place as any for the (inevitable) leak to happen.

The install thing though, sounds like BS.

Ariexv

Draft said:
Inc free "DLC" that's really just a HDD install for the game?

MCD

MS usually have a separate, small update for new accessories like the scene it controller or the guitar hero/rock band stuff.

How hard is it to have a search bar at the top of the music to use the messenger pad to type in an artist to jump to? I hate scrolling down.

<skims over list, sees a couple things he wasn't expecting along with some that will make his job both easier and more difficult>

Carry on GAF. Carry on.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
This is the fakest fake of faketown.

Seriously, someone went and took every little thing he wished the system would do and put it in a single list.

Kandrick said:
No 16:10 support, so probably a true list after all.
:lol :lol :lol

or a REALLY GOOD fake, since leaving that out would bring legitimacy to the list!@

i mean it's one of the top 3 griped about things...

hrm, no ff/rewind for audio either?

kbear

I'm just wondering what kind of a person would go to this length to fake a Xbox Live update? How awful must your life be to do something so insane like that? This is why I gotta believe it's real, despite there being a ton of good improvements.

Top Bottom