• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumored Xbox Live Spring Update List

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Could be true I suppose.

I don't really see anything of real interest on there. Some thing are nice-ish, but who cares what's on your gamercard or not?

What I would like is a blade that isn't slow as crap and just "POPS" out with all information ready without delays and let's you navigate everything super-fast, etc. Sluggish UI needs fixing, rest is pretty irrelevant!

5. Introduce a group chat (4) for Private Chat and conferences through Video Chat.
11. Option to remove payment information from gamertag.
14. Long descriptions of items on Marketplace can be scrolled using right stick.
25. Option to have smaller items moved up in Active Downloads.
30. Option to donate Microsoft Points to anybody with a Windows Live ID.
32. Integrate file-sharing for selected titles on Xbox LIVE and Games for Windows - LIVE.
33. Disable notifications to friends of user repeatedly signing into service (set period).
34. Option to see 'snippet' of text message in notification.
35. Windows Live Mail integration - includes support for Xbox LIVE Vision.
38. Support for headset, Xbox LIVE Vision in Windows Live Messenger.
1. Option to delete titles from gamercard with 0 gamerscore and 0 achievements (excludes some titles that will be re-added to launch another title).
2. Organize My Games at the Games Library section better (includes disc-based titles) - sort by genre, platform (Games for Windows - LIVE), percentage completion.
3. Support to display friends leaderboards for disc-based titles.
5. Preload Games Library upon dashboard bootup for faster access.
11. Support for titles to store installation data on Storage Device for faster loading.
6. Section added for audio delivered through feeds (podcasts). Option to stream, download to Storage Device.
3. Introduce expanded Inside Xbox as a portal to news, weather, entertainment, help and community features.
5. Calibration options for display/sound.
6. Calibration options for motion sensor devices.

Filtered for things that interest me and yer not too bad

Zzoram

Draft said:
Wouldn't this not do anything unless the game was designed to take advantage of it? It's not like a bunch of X360 games have some secret coding on the DVD awaiting the day MS allows 3-4gb installs.

edit: Which is to say I think this one makes the list seem fake, not to mention the motion control thing.

In that one interview with Houser about future GTA games on Xbox 360, he said that MSFT was going to implement something within the year that would resolve any technical issues they might have with the next version of the game. It seemed like he was talking about hard drive installs being allowed.

I don't get your logic. So what if old games don't benefit from it? Newer titles would.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I play regularly on a 16:10 monitor and it has never bothered me. I think I have my resolution set to something else, and it looks really good, but then again certain ppl are more suceptible to apect ratio distortion the way I am very susceptible to framerate spikes.

Kobold said:
Could be true I suppose.

I don't really see anything of real interest on there. Some thing are nice-ish, but who cares what's on your gamercard or not?

What I would like is a blade that isn't slow as crap and just "POPS" out with all information ready without delays and let's you navigate everything super-fast, etc. Sluggish UI needs fixing, rest is pretty irrelevant!
The blade is as fast your connection is when your are signed to XBL. Better connection, fasrer blade.

thrasher

Banned
Groovy Ninja said:
Some of that sounds great but I wonder if I can plug in an external drive for installation

I'd like to know what happens to the 8GB 'reserved' on the HDD. Thats a lot of space for caching data

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
thrasher said:
I'd like to know what happens to the 8GB 'reserved' on the HDD. Thats a lot of space for caching data
Its like the PS3 installs. The thing is that the 360 ussually does it during the first load, and it erases whatever you are not playing often without telling you.

My number 1 wish would be the ability to dump the iso to the hardrive of any game, imagine having COD4 GTA4 etc all available straight away and with no Disc drive spinning quiet as well.

MS would sell a tonne of 120gb hard drives as well

Zzoram

mr_bishiuk said:
My number 1 wish would be the ability to dump the iso to the hardrive of any game, imagine having COD4 GTA4 etc all available straight away and with no Disc drive spinning quiet as well.

It would also mean nobody would ever buy a game again, just rent and install, then return the disc.

TaKeRx

mr_bishiuk said:

Wow are you serious? Lol then evryone will go to blockbuster or use gamefly and get unlimited games, Somehow like PSP

Zzoram said:
It would also mean nobody would ever buy a game again, just rent and install, then return the disc.

Oh yer Didn't think of that! Scrub that then

The Faceless Master said:
they just have to make the disk stay in the drive to verify.

Would at least get round the noise issue

Spasm

mr_bishiuk said:
Oh yer Didn't think of that! Scrub that then
Disc must be in the drive to authenticate...?

Edit: Could they head in this direction in lieu of a Blu-ray drive? Multi-game discs, and an HDD install?

Spasm said:
Disc must be in the drive to authenticate...?

Edit: Could they head in this direction in lieu of a Blu-ray drive? Multi-game discs, and an HDD install?

Yes if the game was 12 gigs say put half on the HD and the other half on the disc, besides it seems blu ray games pretty much require a HD install anyway!

Odrion

Banned
It could have a odd "5 time play pass" or whatever. You install the game and have the ability to boot it from the HD 5 times until you need to put the disk back in to verify you own it.

Domino Theory said:
Just this on Kotaku (so take with a grain of salt?) about a list of Spring Update features that were given to them from an Inside source. I bolded all the awesome ones.

Hot DAMN at this list if true.

i'd like to study the psychology of what gets bolded on gaf and why

GhaleonEB

Lots of polish and bits and pieces in there. The group chat is good, but the limit of 4 is pretty bad - why only four when an in-game lobby like Halo 3 supports 16? Even 8 would be nice.

But at any rate - has a list like this ever actually leaked before? The last two that did so turned out to be BS.

Firestorm

39. Support for limited 'winks' that display on dashboard interface. Option to disable 'winks' and 'nudges' added.
Disabling that shit RIGHT AWAY. One of the worst things added to Live Messenger. I use Mess Patch to get rid of it each time.

That said, I like most of this list. Especially deleting games with 0 achievements/gamerpoints from my profile as that'd clean quite a few games up and make it readable again.

Remember: There are no Microsoft rumours, only leaks.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Duck said:
What you quoted, if true, would let you delete XBLA trials. And the last update stops XBLA trials from being recorded to your gamercard. So basically, if true, what you're asking for would be a little pointless.

Wait, seriously? I never even noticed that. :lol

Nice.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
pswii60 said:
Second post. Every time! Get a new screen folks.
Maybe MS should just let us have some fucking black bars so we can find the next thing to bitch about.

16:10 MS! MAKE IT HAPPEN OR I WONT BUY YOUR COMMUNIST HARDWARE ANYMORE

omg rite said:
Wait, seriously? I never even noticed that. :lol

Nice.
the last update only stopped *new* trials from showing up, all the ones before the update still show

Odrion said:
It could have a odd "5 time play pass" or whatever. You install the game and have the ability to boot it from the HD 5 times until you need to put the disk back in to verify you own it.
or it could be time based.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Wrestlemania said:
No mkv support :(

Have you tried GOTSent? It's worked with 80% of the mkv's I've thrown at it on my PS3 (I haven't tried the files on my 360, but the site says it supports it). If you have a PS3 try MKV2VOB, it's worked with 95% of the mkv's I've used it on (I don't know if the 360 supports VOB's).

pswii60

4. New sounds for various functions (notifications, blades, navigation).
So they changed the dashboard sounds!?

I can see the thread happening now: "Why have MS put $#!^^¥ sounds on my dashboard? Screw them!"

Also, Major Nelson is going to have to update his podcast jingle collection :p

No fucking way this shit is real...I mean. Its almost to good to be true. Especially 4 player group chat.

If it did though, WOW. And man time is fucking flying. Wasn't long ago before I read a similar thread about the last update.

4. Copy non-protected files (pictures, music, videos) from USB storage devices, CDs and computers to proprietary storage devices.

I call fake list times 10.

Walshicus

Teppic said:
Must be true. This is the only change I really care about.
Many weeks ago I thought aloud that I might send an email to the relevent EU Commissioner regarding the absurd hoops you have to go through to remove credit card information from an XBL account. I never actually sent that email, nor did I take the matter any further... but I would like to think I am solely responsible for this feature being added.

You can all thank me in your own time.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Sir Fragula said:
Many weeks ago I thought aloud that I might send an email to the relevent EU Commissioner regarding the absurd hoops you have to go through to remove credit card information from an XBL account. I never actually sent that email, nor did I take the matter any further... but I would like to think I am solely responsible for this feature being added.

You can all thank me in your own time.

*bows*
And now try NOT to send a mail about the B/C list. :D

and the 4 person group chat thing is awesome. No need to have 3 channels and hop between the channels when you want to decide on a game with some friends. Nice one.

The Donation thing is also awesome. REAL Tournaments now.

pswii60

Eteric Rice said:
What the hell is 16:10? Did I miss something?
For people with PC monitors which display 16:10 instead of the 16:9 standard.

And I should add, antiquated monitors, as the decent 16:10 monitors will compensate by stretching or adding black bars. Those expecting the 360 to completely re-render every game in a completely new aspect ratio are fucking bonkers.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Nuclear Muffin said:
It was believable up to the installations and motion sensor calibration :(

Exactly what I am still thinking about. But as someone stated before I dont want to believe someone put SUCH an effort into it to make a huuuuge list just to fool the internet. Maybe "Lips" is the new motion sensing input advice.

hehe =p

pswii60

FFChris said:
Reads more like a wishlist than a real updates list.

Don't get your hopes up guys.
Yeah, don't we get one (or more) of these 'leaks' before every update, and then it turns out to be bullshit? Yes, yes we do.

But if this particular leak isn't true, then I feel particularly sorry for the very sad individual who invented and typed all that bullshit. Why the hell would you do that? Some weird individuals out there.

borsdy said:
Let me remove shitty games from my playlist that I unfortunately unlocked achievements in too, please. I don't care about the score just get it off my history.

Yeah, if it is true I don't see why they can't just let us delete what we want. I have shitty games that were rented on my gamercard that I don't want there and would like to delete them along with the gamerscore.

Also, what's the deal with DRM? Is that supposed to be a fix or not?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I am glad that they are opening up installation of game data to the Xbox 360 HDD. More developers will take advantage of it and not just Square with FFXI ;). Developers can choose to install the game or use the easy to use caching facility (it makes the job easier for multi-platform titles which develop their engine to perform either without any cached/installed data or with HDD based custom installation of game data).

A negative side-effect will be the same as you experience on PS3, more games pushing for installation and more HDD space needed... not bad points for MS which should make quite a bit of profit off each Xbox 360 HDD sold.

Kafel

Banned
I agree. edit : with aMN

But for the love of mankind, I'd like to think noone is lame enough to fake such a thing.

Top Bottom