• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] 3DS 2013 lineup leaked by Spanish Paper Mario event

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Didn't Capcom already confirm that EX Troopers wasn't being released on 3DS outside of Japan?

They confirmed they aren't putting it out on any platform outside of Japan if I remember correctly. As someone said, it's possible they let nintendo localize it, but I don'y see why Nintendo would want to go to the trouble. It may end up being a good game, but it has "flop outside of Japan" written all over it.

XenodudeX

It seems the presentation has been presented by Omar Alvarez, which works for Nintendo of Espana

DSCF3280.JPG

This guy here. Is he really someone who works for Nintendo?

Beard is too amazing. Fake.

Artemisia

Banned
Only Japan really buys visual novels, and not even thy could muster up a half fuck across both platforms in sales. From what I remember it was an absolute megabomb of a game in a genre where even successful entries usually don't get localized.

Aw, that's a shame. I was interested in the game and had NO IDEA it was released in early July.

I guess that's enough reason to hang it up.

Bulzeeb

Besides X Zone, I'd be surprised if one of the games on your list didn't come out here. Bravely Default is a bit iffy, but I'm reasonably sure it'll come out at some point.

true that but my points was that with those game I'll really be in gaming heaven for a while :p

Eusis

Didn't Capcom already confirm that EX Troopers wasn't being released on 3DS outside of Japan?
I think they only said "no plans", but it does seem like a game you COULD try to sell here, even if you abandon the PS3 version to Japan (which SEEMS counterproductive until you remember SCEA might go "That's a 3DS game, you can't just sell that for full price!", though I guess they could make it DD only on PS3). Personally, I think Project X Zone is more condemning, nothing's impossible but given Namco X Capcom failed to come here I don't think we'll see it unless Nintendo decides to apply pressure that SCEA didn't want to (and couldn't as effectively since they never owned Monolith Soft).
Only Japan really buys visual novels, and not even thy could muster up a half fuck across both platforms in sales. From what I remember it was an absolute megabomb of a game in a genre where even successful entries usually don't get localized.
Well, I think part of that is because a lot of VNs were on PlayStation formats and only recently did SCEA loosen up there, and half of those that did come here were on PC and had art styles that could be offputting. You get something like 999 and VLR out here and it's rapidly consumed, and the same happened with Phoenix Wright. IF it's a legitimately good game I figure an audience will be found here.

It seems the presentation has been presented by Omar Alvarez, which works for Nintendo of Espana

DSCF3280.JPG

This guy here. Is he really someone who works for Nintendo?

Yes, I can confirm that he works as a Nintendo Ibérica PR. I used to write for Revogamers.net, a Spanish Wii/Wii U/3DS site and have seen him in some events.

yami4ct

true that but my points was that with those game I'll really be in gaming heaven for a while :p

Yeah, 3DS has a great lineup coming. Probably one of the better lineups of any platform. Looking forward to it, as my 3DS has been collecting dust for quite a while. Only thing I've been using it for is Pokemon White 2.

yami4ct

Looking at other Nintendo Spain presentation, not only Omar Alvarez is real ( XD)

http://akihabarablues.com/jugamos-a-spirit-camera-y-a-project-zero-2-wii-edition/

[im]http://befunkycartoonizer.s3.amazonaws.com/C1395468-1338904826large.jpg[/img]

http://www.viciojuegos.com/noticia/...tacion-de-Beat-the-Beat-Rhythm-Paradise/29860

But it seems this is how presentations are done XD

Man, I kind of love the super small, impromptu feel of that kind of presentation. Beats the huge bombast of most press events here. Also, that guy may be one of my favorite PR men around. He just looks too awesome.

Phazon

Looking at other Nintendo Spain presentation, not only Omar Alvarez is real ( XD)

http://akihabarablues.com/jugamos-a-spirit-camera-y-a-project-zero-2-wii-edition/

C1395468-1338904826large.jpg

http://www.viciojuegos.com/noticia/...tacion-de-Beat-the-Beat-Rhythm-Paradise/29860

But it seems this is how presentations are done XD

Well, the scale of the presentation is typically something for European events. Strange that no other Spanish media has pics.

I went to the post E3 2011 to play Skyward Sword and some 3DS-games and there were two other people :p

iammeiam

Well, I think part of that is because a lot of VNs were on PlayStation formats and only recently did SCEA loosen up there, and half of those that did come here were on PC and had art styles that could be offputting. You get something like 999 and VLR out here and it's rapidly consumed, and the same happened with Phoenix Wright. IF it's a legitimately good game I figure an audience will be found here.

Possibly, but the VNs that tend to work localized also tend to have more gamey/interactive elements than the straight VNs that are just reading and a few choices. Phoenix Wright is fairly interactive throughout, and Zero Escape has puzzles. I think I actually remember an Aksys rep commenting in one thread that they weren't really looking at a specific title because it was just reading without gameplay elements, and those don't fly here. I admit I'm not sure how interactive TT is specifically, though.

Foffy

Banned
You're both forgetting the issue of licensing, which is the same thing that kept Namco x Capcom from leaving Japan.

Wasn't that issue on the head of Namco, though? I know the Tekken producer is pushing the game for outside of Japan.

Tagg9

How is this surprising? Most of these games were already announced for 2013, apart from one or two localizations.

Agree. It didn't completely bomb in Japan (IIRC), it at least features a number of IPs that Western audiences are familiar with, and it could be a less expensive localization (it doesn't have full voice acting, does it)?

Agreed, while it would be a bit of surprise if it makes it over, after TvC turning up in the west it wouldn't shock me

GSR

Project X Zone and Time Travelers (which bombed in Japan) are the least plausible localizations on there, enough so that they make me doubt the whole thing.

Pretty much. I could maybe see Time Travelers if they wanted to try and get in on some of the sales 999 (and presumably VLR) had, but that's a very long shot. Project X Zone is an even longer one.

Also, the preliminary English press releases about LKvsGS have referred to as "Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney". Granted, PLxPW seems to more accurately describe the game, but it still seems unlikely.

Yes please. Yes, very much please.

The only thing that concerns me here is
A) The lack of previously unannounced titles
B) The fact that Animal Crossing New Leaf is at the opposite end of the slide to games coming out early in the year :|

Fake. No way Project X Zone is coming. EX Troopers has been more or less denied a Western release by Capcom themselves too, and didn't the Bravely Default devs say something similar?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Fake. No way Project X Zone is coming. EX Troopers has been more or less denied a Western release by Capcom themselves too, and didn't the Bravely Default devs say something similar?

BDFF has no plans but did not deny one.

Crapcom on the other hand...

EX Troopers obviously uses assets and the engine from MML3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom