• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: GTA 5 Xbox One, PS4 And PC 'Delayed Until 2015'

Nibel

Noooooooooooooo

Question: does any DLC purchased for old-gen under one's account carry over to the current-gen version? I've held off on buying any DLC precisely because I can't get a straight answer, and I'll be damned if I buy the same DLC twice.

The only thing they confirmed that would carry over is your GTA Online data; but I expect this to be a full-package such as TLOU:R, otherwise this would kinda suck.

Saroyan

Well I guess I might as well play the PS3 version I picked up for cheap. I was gonna wait for PC but I don't want to wait that long.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
eh, fine. i got way more on my plate currently than I can handle. Plus I've already beaten this game, why return to it so soon?

Is this the GTA 5 rumor of the day? No wait, we already had one today, the PC version was supposed to be cancelled.

I'll wait till we get some kind of proper announcement, but since we haven't seen anything since the trailer, this wouldn't surprise me

that was yesterday actually. heh

i really wanted GTA this year specially now that huge time eaters were moved for 2015, the Witcher and Bloodborn(i hope there is game +)

Duxxy3

I'm actually OK with that. Gives them more time to get the game running its best. Also keeps a good game out of a crowded month for me (COD and Halo).

Daffy Duck

Hope this isn't true.

Noooooooooooooo

Question: does any DLC purchased for old-gen under one's account carry over to the current-gen version? I've held off on buying any DLC precisely because I can't get a straight answer, and I'll be damned if I buy the same DLC twice.

This is what I want to know as well as I have the LE on my 360 with the blimp DLC etc which would be nice to get on the next gen version I buy.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I have said this hundreds of time in official thread. Makes the most sense to me. Not sure why people are still expecting this.

Banned
Jesus, debt collectors are gonna be busy in 2015 from all of neogaf going broke buying all these blockbusters.

Shredderi

Not surprised if true. If true then just about everything I was looking forward to this year has been delayed. Games will be better for it yada yada I know but it's really starting to sound like a broken record at this point, 2014 for gaming that is. I would say things like "I got too many games to play anyway" if some of the games I really wanted weren't already delayed to 2015 :D

No real information out of Gamescom was the first time I was actually concerned about a delay. I can deal with a delay as long as the PC version isn't shit out as an unoptimized mess when it does finally arrive.

Simo

I posted this in the GTAV Remastered thread a couple of days ago but my local GameStop store received a shipment of GTAV posters, standees and big cardboard box displays all listing the "Fall 2014" release.

Now I'm not sure if they were new advertising materials and my GameStop was behind everyone else or not though.

njr

If this is true, 2016 will be a great year for gaming, when all these games go on sale including GTA. Ugh, I was hoping someone would release a first person mod on PC so I could use the Rift with it.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
In my mind there's no validity to this rumour. A game set for 2014 delayed to 2015?! LOL!

zychi

Banned
I expect the console versions to come out sometime Nov/late october.

PC will be a few months later. Just like GTA IV

Whatever it seemed pretty likely given how we're within a few months of this release window and the game has not even been mentioned by Rockstar since the reveal. They're treating it as if it doesn't exist.

It doesn't bother me at all really. GTAV was delayed and markedly improved, adding tons of content that people wanted. And I'd imagine GTAV re-release will be the same. Plus, they've been slow on delivering some features, like online heists and we haven't even heard a sniff of any SP story DLC.

FWIW, GTAV was my only "must buy" game for the rest of 2014. If this falls to 2015, then I'll probably pick up Destiny or something.

slash3584

While it would not be surprising, I don't trust a video made by a Mod on the same new site it's posted.

Has this guy ever revealed rumours that became true?

Angry Fork

Honestly I'd rather get it sooner with glitches and then wait for patches. Haven't played gta5 at all because I've been waiting for a PC version, I really want to play it already =/

Ted

Do you mean the additional permanently added vehicles and weapons like the Pegassi Zentorno and the Lampadati Pigalle for GTA Online?

If so, I think these will simply carry over as they are purchasable with in game cash (which can be purchased with real currency) and are stored in the player garage. Given they've already said that accounts will be able to be moved forward to the new gen consoles I see no reason why this content would not be available.

The other question is whether the timed content will be available to new gen buyers from the off and/or whether existing owners will still have access. Stuff like the Albany Roosevelt, Vapid Liberator and the firework launcher that was only purchasable for a limited period.

I suspect this stuff will be available if you already have it but won't be able to be purchased by new gen buyers until the events they are tied to are re-cycled (e.g. Valentines day, Independence day) but R* likes to keep fans guessing so who knows eh!

Renta

Banned
dolan2015o2e08.png

yup

BigDug13

We had our first DLC for GTA IV less than a year from release and now we can't even get the PC version of GTA V within a year from release and still no news about single player content additions. What are those hundreds upon hundreds of people at Rockstar working on all this time? Splitting the team to work on an online that doesn't seem to be as well received as the single player game is making the whole product suffer.

If this comes in 2015, I really hope it includes their first story-based DLC that should have already been out by now.

I played through this on PS3, spent a week unable to even get into the first race in GTA Online, then sold the game while I could still make nearly all of the money back. I've been waiting to play a superior version of the game and rebuy it. Never thought it would have taken well over a year for that to happen since it has never taken this long before between releasing on Playstation and then releasing on PC. I hope these visual improvements are F-ing magical.

Mogwai

Honestly I'd rather get it sooner with glitches and then wait for patches. Haven't played gta5 at all because I've been waiting for a PC version, I really want to play it already =/
Completely opposite for me. I'd rather wait a month or two more for an operational game.

Nothing worse than owning a broken or unplayable game. Makes me feel like an idiot
PC Watch Dogs day 1 :(

dreamfall

Profound sadness if true :/

Giving them time to polish and include an Episode from Los Santos DLC with a new gangsta grrrl.

Yazuka

Not surprising really. Since we haven't heard anything about the game for current gen.
We'll see if I'm still interested by then.

shandy706

Was really hoping to play it for the first time this year.

It's ok though, there's more coming out than I could find time to play anyway.

I'm ready when it is ready.

Nori Chan

Noooooooooooooo

There hasn't been any paid dlc up until now. They're usually just content for gta online. Unless you're talking about upcoming DLC THAT YOU JUST LEAKED.
jk

zkorejo

Okay this is it.. fuck 2015!

Devs really need to stop getting excited and announce it early if they are not sure they can meet the announced release window only to delay their games to TWO THOUSAND AND FIFTEEN...!

There should be a rule or something. Only announce a game 6 months prior to its release. Until then just... dont make any announcements.

Portman

I'll believe it once confirmed. Being Rockstar we know they like to keep quit until they near a release date. (Please be fake, I just pre-ordered the PC version a few days ago planning for fall!)

Mithos

Probably delayed it so they could finish the Wii U version, and release at the same time...

Right? Right? -Hello, is this mic on?

Top Bottom