• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: GTA 5 Xbox One, PS4 And PC 'Delayed Until 2015'

SJRB

Gold Member
That would be most unwelcome, I'm really looking forward to the PS4 version.

Deliberately stopped playing the PS3 months ago [after 120 hours, haha] just because of this.

ROCKSTAR PLS

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
2015 is going to be a bomba bloodbath for a lot of games I'm not sure how the industry thinks people are going to be picking up all these games at rrp.

Don't worry, half of the big games with TBA 2015 dates will eventually be 2016 releases.

JdFoX187

Banned
Like the dudes running Rockstar's twitter know jack about it being delayed or not.

Put more faith in that than baseless unsourced speculation from VG24/7, which no one else is reporting on, except to cite the original rumor to begin with. The Take 2 CEO said last week it's on track for this year. Give me something other than bathroom stall conversations.

Deadbeat

Banned
I think you're underestimating how much GTA 5 will sell. the game is still hovering around the top 10 in the US.
They should release the remaster when a bunch of other games are coming out just to fuck them over. Show them who the juggernaut really is.

Consoles are easier and better than ever......everything gets delayed :/

I know game development isn't cake but a delayed port has me scratching my head. Thought it was going to be a simple resolution/fps bump.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
GTA 5 was never a big game to begin with. It is a year old remaster. Nothing special unless you were waiting for the PC version.

Go look at the latest NPD charts. That year old game is still one of the best selling games.

PS4/XB1 version would sell a ton.

Actually new games coming out this fall would love it if GTA did get delayed to 2015.

Were already at September and they were saying Fall of this year and still had no release date (not even a month). Seems like a good idea to push it back anyway then rushing it out and GTA online having problems again.

Wasteman

Banned
Have Rockstar ever released a product without a delay ? At least my wallet feels a sign of relief, it was becoming a very busy fall.

Loakum

Banned
This is one rumor I believe 100%! You factor in how common delays of games has been this gen, and the fact we haven't heard jack about GTAV since E3. Not to mention, this month is basically over....and still no release date. 2015 seems like the likely case here. Fine by me. I rather a game is delayed than released as a buggy unpolished mess *looks at Skyrim and Battlefield 4*!

-PXG-

I won't be surprised at all if this is true. There has been no info and no marketing whatsoever. Fall is right around the corner and there is still no word on a release date, or month. Delayed? Most likely.

Betty

Banned

I know game development isn't cake but a delayed port has me scratching my head. Thought it was going to be a simple resolution/fps bump.

Even just a cursory look at the E3 trailer should tell you they're doing more than a resolution/fps bump.

More foliage, more traffic, interior of cars is visible etc.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

It's a lot more than that from the comparison videos.

Xis

Not that this is confirmation or anything, but ...

On Gamestop's site, GTA V for the XBox One has always been listed with no date. However, if you sorted all releases by date, it was listed between some October releases.

Today, if you sort by date, it's listed with the '12/31/14' releases.

JdFoX187

Banned
Rockstar keeps saying it's coming fall 2014 on Twitter to people who ask. So I'll believe them until they say officially it's been delayed.

Yeah, I hate how these outlets just report on rumors sourced from their ass and get hits. If you can't source anything beyond "trade show conversations," then you don't publish the g'damn story. But of course, they run this non-story with a huge headline about GTA V being delayed and everyone freaks out and floods them with hits. Gaming journalism is a fucking joke.

blackjaw

Well that sucks but with Destiny, DA:I, AC:U, etc etc I'm ok with the shift to 2015 as long as it's worth it technically.

FLAguy954

1398914781778.gif

Dammit, 2014 is shaping up to be a very mediocre year because of all of the goddamn delays. At least 2015 will probably be one of the best gaming years of the current generation.

I read this yesterday and was confused. I don't think this news is trustworthy. I mean it says that this rumor was going around at gamescom but it was also at gamescom when I think it was the MS conference where they said that GTA V will be there this year. I don't think they would let MS give out those false information if they would have already known at gamescom that the game won't make it this year.

Unless Rockstar say it's delayed I wouldn't give much thought to these rumours. Plenty to keep me occupied in the event of a delay anyway.

I don't know why they even made it.

Resources could have been used on a new IP.

Who is going to want this, two years later, when Batman and others are coming out?

GlamFM

Banned
This is bullshit. R* doesn't do trade shows - never has.
GTA V being shown behind closed doors to Retailers? No fucking way.

Obscured

On one hand I would be disappointed, on the other I would rather devs take the time needed. Maybe they are figuring out how to make the online stuff work better (I never got to the point of trying it out, but I recall hearing not everything was in place and wasn't great)

InfYn

• Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Assassin's Creed Unity
  • Ryse: Son of Rome
  • Dead Rising 3

I was hoping for GTA V in there, but that's plenty to keep me busy on PC. Not really disappointed.

You can't rush art.

I don't mind, they obviously are hard at work refining those Occulus Rift features which will make the game unbelieveable to play in the new first person mode.
Day one... whenever that is!

Top Bottom