• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: GTA 5 Xbox One, PS4 And PC 'Delayed Until 2015'

Megatron

Meh. If something has to be delayed, it might as well be a port of a year old game. Anyone who couldn't wait has played it already and those who haven't have already waited a year, what's a few more months?

I wish all delayed games were ports.

I don't mind if it's delayed. I have way too many games to play as it is.

Same here, and that's just on my PS4. If I start taking into account the backlog on PS3 bc of PS, then it's actually a bit overwhelming. Still, I sympathize with those for whom this was likely going to be one of their "big" purchases in 2014. I'm not a fan when stuff I'm excited for gets delayed either.

This is what I want to know as well as I have the LE on my 360 with the blimp DLC etc which would be nice to get on the next gen version I buy.

Obviously Rockstar can do whatever they want, but the trend for Remasters so far is that they include most if not all of the DLC, similar to what you find in GOTY editions.

dreamfall

Remember people RUMORED delay. I would suggest saving the grief until after Rockstar or Take-Two official announce something.

Maybe it'll compel them to drop a Newswire comment slightly elaborating on the Fall release date.

But I doubt it- a new trailer will emerge outta nowhere soon I hope!

I'm actually more worried that Bloodborne will get delayed :/

I'm not. It wouldn't surprise me if its release is strategically placed in late March; the 24th or 31st (both Tuesdays) so that sales fall on both this fiscal year and next for all parties involved.

boeso

Remember people RUMORED delay. I would suggest saving the grief until after Rockstar or Take-Two official announce something.

Nah I'd say take this as true, then if it is you've already dealt with the pain and if it isn't delayed, feel the wind in your sails.

Its pretty likely it will anyway given how little we've seen, 2 months away now.

Tigress

If they release it early next year they are going to lose me buying it day one. I am excited for it but Witcher 3 is definitely higher priority as well as no man's sky.

-SD-

Banned
No problems at all if it gets delayed.

Take your time, Rockstar, make it good, make it great, make it awesome.

roytheone

God damnit, If this turns out to be true, then the complete top 3 of the games I was most looking forward to in 2014 (the witcher 3, arkham knight and GTA V PC) will have been delayed into 2015. Man, 2014 is such a bummer :(

RetroStu

Banned
Damn we are not quite at N64 first year levels yet but its been a pretty barren first year for the new consoles. The fall and next year look very good though.

Yoday

If a delay means they are making it that much more visually stunning, then all the better. 2015 is shaping up to be the biggest year for gaming in history.

Damerman

this is non sense. there are no games this year... how is it alright that this gets pushed to 2015? next year you have MGSV, the order, witcher 3, evolve and just a bunch more games... its like.. wtf

psn

What about this?
YauZtOc.jpg

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If another game has to slip to 2015, I'm happy it's a port of a game I played last year.

I'm actually more worried that Bloodborne will get delayed :/

Don't see why when Bloodborne has been playable to the public. It seems well on track for a February/March release.

bryanee

If it does happen then the chances of me picking it up in 2015 are slim. Too many new games to spend money on next year.

NotLiquid

Well this is kind of disappointing. So what other big games are slated now for 2014?

Destiny
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Super Smash Bros.

Those are the only big games I can think of. Kind of tepid.

Dabanton

With Batman MIA this year. This and Sunset Overdrive were going to be my Xmas games.

Don't play with my heart R* I have the 360 version but I want a next gen one.

airjoca

Well this is kind of disappointing. So what other big games are slated now for 2014?

Destiny
Super Smash Bros.

Far Cry 4
Little Big Planet 3
Driveclub
Forza Horizon 2
Alien

Not all of them are "big" but...

Megatron

Destiny
Super Smash Bros.

Dragon Age Inquisition is going to be big I think.
Master chief collection, firza horizon 2 and sunset overdrive should all be big if you have an Xbox one.

For ps4 there's still drivecoub and little big planet 3.

Then both Alien Isolation and Shadiw of Mordor could be great.

Dabanton

Well it's september next week. If they're delaying it I expect the bad news next week at some point.

But the fact they've been very,very quiet doesn't fill me with any confidence.

2015 is going to be a bomba bloodbath for a lot of games I'm not sure how the industry thinks people are going to be picking up all these games at rrp.

njean777

Destiny
Super Smash Bros.

GTA 5 was never a big game to begin with. It is a year old remaster. Nothing special unless you were waiting for the PC version.

Herne

No, godammit! As a pc user Rockstar has had me waiting for the pc release for almost a year already, don't do this to me! Eight of us were gonna buy it and spend a weekend having a lan and playing multiplayer!

God fucking damn it!

Top Bottom