• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Marvel have struck a deal with Fox for Fantastic Four film rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
At what point do they just concede that Fantastic Four isn't going to work as a movie and just put the effort toward some other comic book series? Like what is it about F4 that they HAVE to keep trying, no matter how many times it crashes and burns?

If Fox/Constantin Film don't use the F4 rights, they automatically revert back to Marvel Studios (or so I believe).

edit: You probably knew that, read your question wrong.

Meh. We got almost a Avengers Assemble after only two movies, but it seems like To Me My X-Men is to comicbooky for Fox.

But then again, while making magnificent performances, no Movie Xaviars are the type who would say this

I can hear James McAvoy and Patrick Stewart saying it. I just wish we'd get badass Cyclops, which we haven't gotten. We keep getting mopey Cyclops, which works fine, but the problem is we get mopey Cyclops off the bat. It shouldn't be that way.

Meh. We got almost a Avengers Assemble after only two movies, but it seems like To Me My X-Men is to comicbooky for Fox.

But then again, while making magnificent performances, no Movie Xaviars are the type who would say this

And we will never get this either:
Fantastic-Four-604-panel.jpg

Penguin

What is this thread even now?

Also, I think people are short-changing Striker from X-2

Damn fine villain. No redeeming qualities.

Squire

Banned
At what point do they just concede that Fantastic Four isn't going to work as a movie and just put the effort toward some other comic book series? Like what is it about F4 that they HAVE to keep trying, no matter how many times it crashes and burns?

FOX themselves should stop trying, but there's really nothing to concede. F4 can and would work (very well, I might add) if the material was given to someone that actually understands, respects, and dare I say, likes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom