• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Modern Warfare Remastered includes campaign & 10 multiplayer maps

I wonder how many people forgot that CoD 4 full title is CoD 4: MW. I think they could have been clearer but this will be amazing. But only 10 maps??

My map list.

Ambush
Backlot
Bloc
Bog
Broadcast
Chinatown
Countdown

Crash
Creek
Crossfire
District
Downpour
Killhouse (Call of Duty 4)

Overgrown
Pipeline
Shipment
Showdown (map)

Strike
Vacant
Wet Work (map)

DerZuhälter;202198771 said:
My map list.

You know, this is probably heresy, but I could live without Shipment. I mean, I love Shipment, but it always felt like a sort of "bonus" map. It's nice to have on top of all the Overgrowns and Strikes and Crashes of the game, but I wouldn't trade any of those for it.

Why would they only sell it with Infinity War? I thought the whole point of re-releasing COD4 was to make people who left the series come back. I know I'm not buying it if this is the case.

Auctopus

Incoming thread: "Am I the only one who thinks COD4 Multiplayer isn't as good as I remember?"

Why would they only sell it with Infinity War? I thought the whole point of re-releasing COD4 was to make people who left the series come back. I know I'm not buying it if this is the case.

This is an advert primarily for Inifite Warfare, they'll be separate announcements and games.

Heartfyre

I hope it's available separately from the new game. I've been out of the series since MW2 destroyed my relationship with the franchise, but I'd love to go back to Modern Warfare again.

AHA-Lambda

It's the standard price * 1.33, or so, so it'll be £45 + £15. Around £65 I guess. £60 seems on the low end.

And ATVI has pretty much never played fair when it comes to currency conversion. I'd be shocked if this was less than £70. The base title alone will be £45-50 after all.

It better have all the maps or they can gtfo with it
Because they fear that an infinity ward cod game needs all the help it can get with its sales

Ironic isn't it

Tomash

My guess is:
All maps played competitively on PC:
1 Backlot
2 Crash
3 Crossfire
4 District
5 Strike
6 Vacant
Maps that are DLC for later CoDs:
7 Pipeline
8 Overgrown

Maps I don't expect to be in, as they're either very small maps, prone to nade or grenade launcher spam, bad for S&D, or just lame:
Ambush
Bog
Creek
Countdown
Downpour
Killhouse
Shipment
Showdown
Wetwork

So for last 2 maps, my guess is:
9 Chinatown/Bloc
10 Broadcast

AHA-Lambda

they did it with MW2 and CoD Classic

81gh3jTyzuL._SL1500_.jpg

HarryKS

If it has not been updated, you guys are in for quite a shock regarding the gameplay. It feels stiff after you've played the newer iterarions.

PSOreo

I didn't think I'd be this hyped but I really am excited for this remaster. The fact (to be confirmed still I guess) that it includes multiplayer has sealed the deal for me. It's worrying that I won't bat an eyelid paying $100 if it means the only way I can get it is through the special edition of this years game.

AHA-Lambda

Yeah but that didnt have MP, everyone i know would only play the CoD4 MP and not even touch the new game. i think more would play CoD4 then the new one.

And I think ATVI knows this so why not sell it for a higher price of about $100? :p

They'd rather people buy the $60 new one not the $40(ish?) old one

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
My Call of Duty adventure started with Modern Warfare 2. I'm excited for this simply to play the campaign, seeing as I never have!

And wow some of you are pathetically unrealistic. Ignore the fact that they're releasing a new Call of Duty and still managing to remaster COD4 and complain that it isn't everything you wanted. The fact that they're attempting to bring it forward is awesome. But no, let's complain that they're not including every single map. Considering this is the only information we have, that's a very small issue, if an issue at all. Get a grip.

micster

So if the rumour about a collection also being released is true, then here's what I think. The remastered version that comes with the new title has 10 maps. But the full collection has all the maps. So people either need to buy the collection at $60, or map DLC for just CoD4.

im_dany

they did it with MW2 and CoD Classic

It was available separately.

It's hard to cut maps until they're only 10. I managed to keep 13, and wouldn't cut any single one of these:
Ambush
Backlot
Broadcast
Chinatown
Crash
Crossfire
Killhouse
Overgrown
Pipeline
Shipment
Showdown
Strike
Vacant

Just looked through the maps to see which I'd give up to get to 10 and it's tough, I could make it to 15 maybe even 13 but 10 maps is gonna be tough. They should've just used the remade maps from mw2 and then remade more 15 would've been a good number. Hopefully they'll release more.
The problem with 10 is how do they choose which get cut, I mean if you leave it to the community they'll fuck it up and if you leave it up to the de son they'll fuck it up so we're between a rock and a hard place unless they release more down the line. There was no way this remaster could've went smoothly:/

Top Bottom