• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOUR] PS4 beta firmware 2.50 allows DualShock 4 button remapping

Dynasty8

New updates are awesome...

A couple more things I believe will improve things.

1. Folders to organize your games, apps, etc.

2. The ability to turn on your TV, your surround sound system, and your PS4 (from rest mode) all at the same time by clicking the "PS" button on your Dualshock 4.

I would really love more theme color options. There's not even a green. Or have one like the PS3, which changed colors depending on the day/time of year. I want to be surprised each time I turn on the console.

Mr.Fresh

New updates are awesome...

A couple more things I believe will improve things.

1. Folders to organize your games, apps, etc.

2. The ability to turn on your TV, your surround sound system, and your PS4 (from rest mode) all at the same time by clicking the "PS" button on your Dualshock 4.
My tv already comes on from the ps button but surround sound would be nice.

Voting, you X a choice in a ballot box.

Uh. Well, that's nothing like any ballot I've ever seen. Since ballots are read electronically they use bubbles that need to be filled completely, like an exam, since they are read and counted by the same technology.

I've never seen a ballot that didn't use bubble-filling.

DavidDesu

I would really love more theme color options. There's not even a green. Or have one like the PS3, which changed colors depending on the day/time of year. I want to be surprised each time I turn on the console.

Oh no, not this! I always seem to end up with a fooking ugly ass brown or some washed out pink when I turn my PS3 on rather than the actual background colour I had chosen, so no none of this random nonsense for me! :p

televator

Wait... Are you telling me that in games that don't have an inverted look option, I can just... Remap the stick?

Is Beyond Good & Evil on PS4 in some form? PS Now?

ZeroX03

Banned
This is great. Makes up for devs who don't add the ability to switch aim and fire to L1 and R1. Never shooting with R2 ever again!

antibolo

Banned
You guys saying "I'll swap X and O so I can have Japanese style confirm/cancel" do realize that it will swap all behavior of these buttons, not just which one is confirm and which one is cancel, right? That's probably not something you'll want in most games.

Remote play on Vita needs button remapping so badly.

So many shooter games that use L2/R2 to ADS and shoot, then you remote play and it is set to (what i assume is) default layout with L2/R2 being the touchscreen. Unplayable.

The_Dama

There have only been a small number of game where I wish I had the option to do this. Maybe 2 or 3. The default controls usually work for each game. Good feature.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
You guys saying "I'll swap X and O so I can have Japanese style confirm/cancel" do realize that it will swap all behavior of these buttons, not just which one is confirm and which one is cancel, right? That's probably not something you'll want in most games.

thats my argument the jump button etc would be circle now thats weird

Paz

Never got the big deal. Devs usually map the right buttons anyways. Cool for those that care in guess

You likely have a very typical set of physical attributes that are games commonly assume their player base has, remapping is for people with different physical attributes or distinct preferences, for someone with muscle issues in their hands it can be a game changer to use a face button instead of a trigger for the action they are constantly performing.

I really want to know what the implications of 60fps shareplay will be on video capture and remote play.

Uh. Well, that's nothing like any ballot I've ever seen. Since ballots are read electronically they use bubbles that need to be filled completely, like an exam, since they are read and counted by the same technology.

I've never seen a ballot that didn't use bubble-filling.

Well, I've never seen a bubble filling ballot. Tests in school? Yeah. An official election ballot? Not even once. I've seen punch cards, complete the arrow, and X the box. I certainly can't claim what is or is not universal, and I claim no expertise in ballot design.

I do believe however that X is among the most prolific and frequently occurring symbols in the world. It can mean negative or affirmative or something completely unrelated like variable or multiplication.

But can't we argue over something more meaningful? Like how it's properly pronounced ecks and calling it cross is akin to child murder?

Yes, it's Suspend/Resume functionality.

Thanks. I figured as much but didn't want to get my hopes up only to have them crushed. I don't even know for sure that I'll regularly use the feature, it's just the point that it was announced as a feature over 2 years ago so I'm glad it's finally (apparently) coming.

koutoru

If true... that is some next gen shit :p

Hopefully there is a way to carry it over to Vita remote play too.
I'm hoping the incoming firmware update for Vita will allow for remote play button mapping, not just PS4 button mapping.
I can't believe devs still assign L2 and R2 to the rear touch pad. Nothing, should be assigned there in remote play.

what I really want on PS4 is a global setting (like the 360 has and I assume the Xbox One has?) for inverted Y axis so I don't have to go into options in almost every single game before I start a new game to make sure the Y is inverted. Its a first world problem I know but I would really appreciate it.

Portugeezer

I'm hoping the incoming firmware update for Vita will allow for remote play button mapping, not just PS4 button mapping.
I can't believe devs still assign L2 and R2 to the rear touch pad. Nothing, should be assigned there in remote play.

Well, due to limitations some things have to be, but I would make sure it's stuff that really doesn't matter to however I play a certain game.

sol_bad

This is an absolute godsend for me!!!
I have always wanted fully customizable buttons for consoles being a one handed gamer. Many default control schemes have had me use my control pad in many awkward positions and this will make things easier.

Really wish I could beta test the fw. Really excited to see how stable suspend/resume is. Anybody have any screens of the new trophy stuff? Also would this mean that remote play would use the swapped controls and such?

Well, I've never seen a bubble filling ballot. Tests in school? Yeah. An official election ballot? Not even once. I've seen punch cards, complete the arrow, and X the box. I certainly can't claim what is or is not universal, and I claim no expertise in ballot design.

I do believe however that X is among the most prolific and frequently occurring symbols in the world. It can mean negative or affirmative or something completely unrelated like variable or multiplication.

But can't we argue over something more meaningful? Like how it's properly pronounced ecks and calling it cross is akin to child murder?

It is here it is revealed we are actually in the same side after all.

*firm handshake*

Top Bottom