• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

I want Neo this year simply because I want to play COD, BF1 and other games on it. That said March would give me the chance to save more money.

We all need to wait until the 7th one way or the other.

Maybe people shouldn't believe every rumor they hear.

Sounds like a hard thing to do, but it's rather easy.

Nah.
Neo next year with the presentation in september does make zero sense.
House said they want to follow the Apple style.

Well, Microsoft did it. Except instead of a 6 month delay it's a year+ delay.
The Sept7 reveal could end up being "Slim available now, Neo available March."

I sure hope not, though. I want a Neo before Christmas.

V1P0e5jh.jpg

Finaly! someone that's smart and takes a picture in a room with light.

gamz

Not really the majority of people don't have 4K tvs.

This thing is gonna sell like crazy during the holidays.

It's getting more popular and you'd think they'd want people to buy their 4K TV's. I guess they are letting MS have the cheap 4K player market. That's just odd.

J4g3r

Were there too many reports of children poking their eyes out with the current PS4?

Hate those rounded edges on the slim.

Venom Fox

Banned
Sorry Sony. We ruined your "available now" stunt.

Also the HDD drive curves round from the back to the left side. There are not two ports.

thenameDS

Guy needs to turn on the lights. I really like the simple design of this and looks much better than the OG imo. Will be weird if this doesn't support 4K and is just a simple re-design and cutting down on manufacturing costs.

Vena

Oh. Yeah disc drives are obviously another bigger limiting factor.

They'll be the final limiter since mSATA type storage is becoming cheaper and cheaper. Also Sony will want to keep disc drives to sell for BR and 4KBR.

This has got $249/£229 written all over it, and Sony will sell MILLIONS this Q4.... I personally think it looks cute, and when I play games I look at my screen not the console...

It'll likely 249-299$, but I don't know just how much they can shave off of the price from the current 349$ since they're in as so far cutting down plastic and cutting out optical audio, but otherwise keeping everything fairly constant. I feel like, if it were going to be 249$, we'd be seeing 299$ 1 or 2TB models as well but that doesn't seem to have shipped kind of like how the X1S was brought to market with the limited TB model.

PS4 was pretty small to begin with I thought. Any slimmer would be decent for those looking to jump in. For those looking to double dip, that's what Neo will be there for.

PS4 was pretty small to begin with I thought. Any slimmer would be decent for those looking to jump in. For those looking to double dip, that's what Neo will be there for.

Yeah, smaller models usually mean cheaper production costs, so easier for Sony to produce and hopefully also cheaper for consumers. Options this winter will be a PS4 Slim for an entry model, or Neo for enthusiast. Standard PS4 will be phased out now.

Guess Who

Banned
What's with that extra slot with the sticker over it? Are they going to use this same design for another model that maybe has an additional port?

On the OG PS4, stickers cover the screws used to disassemble the system, and they void the warranty if the stickers are removed.

I'm thinking the USB ports are so far apart so one can be used for PSVR without getting in the way. Dunno why they wouldn't just put it round the back though.

TheWarlord

Neo Member
One little thing about the lack of optical out.. you do realize that you can get optical sound via the TV? The console outputs audio via HDMI into the TV, and from the TV you can get sound out to the speakers via optical out. Most TVs have this. Quality should be the exact same. Surround support & all..

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
The plastic look exactly like the ps3 slim one or the matte finish of the current ps4 model.

Don't know what's so cheap about it....

Elios83

Well, Microsoft did it. Except instead of a 6 month delay it's a year+ delay.
The Sept7 reveal could end up being "Slim available now, Neo available March."

I sure hope not, though. I want a Neo before Christmas.

I wouldn't worry about it :p
Neo in March does make zero sense at multiple different levels.
House said clearly the presentation will be close to release. They wouldn't make a Playstation Meeting to announce that a new system is releasing in March right before the holiday season.
But hey let's wait until September 7th ;)

Plum

PS3 super slim materials materials don't look high end as well, but they have lasted for around 3 1/2 years for me so far. This re-designed PS4 looks nice with the PlayStation logo on the top and PS button logos at the bottom that act as some kind of cushion/support to counter the wobble effect of the launch models. Also is it confirmed the HDD's could be upgraded on the new redesigned PS4?

I think the Super Slim was overpriced as well (as well as just looking bad). We've got a benchmark for what a "Slim" version should look like with the Xbox One S, Sony should really price this low especially as the Neo is coming out.

Guess Who

Banned
One little thing about the lack of optical out.. you do realize that you can get optical sound via the TV? The console outputs audio via HDMI into the TV, and from the TV you can get sound out to the speakers via optical out. Most TVs have this. Quality should be the exact same. Surround support & all..

Some people plug their systems into receivers, not directly into the TV.

So people definitely leaning fake now, right? Between the inconsistency between the image on the box and the actual box in these pictures, it seems this is just an elaborate fake (To say nothing of the Twitter account name).

meppi

Dude who made this with his 3D printer is getting a kick out of this thread

Good point.
I sure hope it's fake as it's very ugly and cheap looking.
Then again, the final PS3 was even worse.

But it makes sense for a budged version I guess.
Let's see how the neo turns out...

Audioboxer

Honestly, £249 is still too high IMO. £220/30 maybe... but £250 is still out of control as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah considering you can get one for £269 online just now £229 would be better. With the crap pound and Brexit causing havoc who the fuck knows.

Unfortunately think it might be £249. We will just have to hope online retailers cut below as they usually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom