• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metfanant

Neo in March is a colossal mistake IMO if true...being significantly underpowered in comparison to Scorpio, Sony needs this thing on the market ASAP

No new hd bluray drive sets up Neo a lot differently. Lower price point expected for it now based on this new PS4.

I originally thought that's keep $150 between the consoles, still do, and this not having a new drive in this slimmer model tells me Neo is going to be $399.

Caayn

One little thing about the lack of optical out.. you do realize that you can get optical sound via the TV? The console outputs audio via HDMI into the TV, and from the TV you can get sound out to the speakers via optical out. Most TVs have this. Quality should be the exact same. Surround support & all..
Not all TVs support higher than stereo sound over the optical port, especially older models.

jstripes

Banned
If ANYONE thinks PS4 Slim looks better than One S...

37a16fce654734eeb3ee74463136a95c.jpg

Sure, the One S looks better, but the PS4 Slim won't be Sony's flagship product. Let's see what the Neo looks like. If they drop the ball there, then Microsoft wins this round of industrial design.

artsi

One little thing about the lack of optical out.. you do realize that you can get optical sound via the TV? The console outputs audio via HDMI into the TV, and from the TV you can get sound out to the speakers via optical out. Most TVs have this. Quality should be the exact same. Surround support & all..

I need it when I use my computer monitor, I hook up the PS4 to the DAC via optical and sound goes to speakers from there.

I wouldn't worry about it :p
Neo in March does make zero sense at multiple different levels.
House said clearly the presentation will be close to release. They wouldn't make a Playstation Meeting to announce that a new system is releasing in March right before the holiday season.
But hey let's wait until September 7th ;)

Yeah, I'm hoping this is the case. It's possible Scorpio has them a little scared though and is forcing them to delay for a spec boost. I REALLY want a Neo in time for FFXV's release though =(

Gitaroo

From the very first pictures you posted, it's about the size of the PSVR breakout box no? Unlikely, but maybe we'll get more pictures soon.

Yeah, but not good enough, I want to see the full size, and maybe if that slot is removable:)

AUX for ps camera, hdmi and lan.

Grinchy

Banned
Wait, so this is actually real? Interesting

The NX fake took a lot of work but this one would have been significantly more.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I think the Super Slim was overpriced as well (as well as just looking bad). We've got a benchmark for what a "Slim" version should look like with the Xbox One S, Sony should really price this low especially as the Neo is coming out.

Nope, the slim version benchmark will always be the PS2 slim.

The thing is the GOAT console reduction.

wapplew

Guys, why we take this unconfirmed March release Neo without source so seriously?
That Foxconn guy drew PS4 slim in June, say Neo is in mass production.

Xenoflare

Sure, the One S looks better, but the PS4 Slim won't be Sony's flagship product. Let's see what the Neo looks like. If they drop the ball there, then Microsoft wins this round of industrial design.

But then isn't the Neo should compete to the Scorpio rather than the one S? I don't think it's fair to compare a slimline to a premium model

SebastianM

What if the back slot is some sort of "Neo expansion bay" ?

Ok I know im reaching, but we saw it has another slot on its side which looks to be about the same size of a 2.5 inch hdd. So what gives?

Honestly I don't give a crap what it looks like on the outside. If they fix the jet fan sounds I'm trading the OG for it or the NEO whenever it releases.

WadeitOut

I sold my PS4 a few months back in anticipation of getting the Neo. No chance I buy this "slim" console so if the Neo is pushed back I am going to be super bummed.

Boke1879

The rumors say October or Mid November for the Neo launch, just in time for the Holidays in the US.

Where are we reading these rumors?

That timeframe works for me. Want to get a Neo to play BF1, COD and FFXV. So if it can launch around those games I'm fine.

hemo memo

Gold Member
So is this from a stolen/early shippment to the middle east (box packaging) and this is how they got it or what is the case here?

So, there are two bays. HDD is on side, but what is in the back?

EDit: Also lol at the sites who say we have acquired the pictures by wrting to the seller. Well, maybe, but chances are big that the info about this you've read originated on NeoGAF.

TheWarlord

Neo Member
Some people plug their systems into receivers, not directly into the TV.

Not all TVs support higher than stereo sound over the optical port, especially older models.

I need it when I use my computer monitor, I hook up the PS4 to the DAC via optical and sound goes to speakers from there.

Yeah, with the computer monitor I figured it's not going to work, but the consoles are designed to be played on TVs...

Never thought about plugging into the receiver... are there not receivers with optical out? I'm not familiar with this kind of devices.

My TV is 6 years old by now and it has Dolby Surround support via optical out. I think that only "ancient" HDTVs can't output surround via optical at this point..

Fezan

This looks like ps3 slim so I would say real. Also it may look much bettet in person but doesn't seem much smaller than regular ps4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom