• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

Sony was obviously blindsided by the S and 4K playback that's why we have this regular slim model with no word on HDR functionality.

Could be. Its very weird to give up the price-war on HDR/4K to the X1S.

But they could also just be shooting for ~<250$.

DieH@rd

Banned
How can you look at this picture and not think the slim looks like cheap shit next to the OG

The plastic is same as black PS4, so comparison is not great here.

I think it looks great. A bit smaller PS4, with rounder edges, same [good] plastic. They did not mess with the great design of the original.

Hopefully the internals will be sturdy, it would be bad to get plastic creaking like we got in PS3 Slim.

Solrac

im seeing the same problem with the original model, too much compact, no airflow... i really want to see how hot is this model and the noise.

Plum

630x.jpg

Looking at this I'm willing to bet that the LEDs surround the power and eject buttons. Looks like they're transparent instead of just plain black, and it would definitely make sense to put them there.

etta

my hard graphic balls
If the S is $299 with 4K BD, this will probably launch at $249... meaning $199 possible for Black Friday &#128558;&#129300;

If this Slim is legit, a PS4 price drop should be incoming. If it hasn't got 4k UHD blu-ray then it should be 249 or 299 if it does have a UHD drive.

Seems very likely Neo will have a UHD drive though, so if the Slim doesn't, then PS4k will be a strong contender for its official name and it will probably be somewhere in the 349 to 399 price range. A base PS4 at 249 and PS4k at 349 would be a great move by Sony.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Who would choose the 299 over the Xbox One S for 299 and it's much better value? 100 bucks more get the Neo.

Much better value is really relative. If you don't have a 4K the XB1 added features mean jack shit....And ps4 slim still is the most powerful console between the two.

Kyoufu

Looking at this I'm willing to bet that the LEDs surround the power and eject buttons. Looks like they're transparent instead of just plain black, and it would definitely make sense to put them there.

You can see blue and orange LEDs on top of the power and eject buttons. Zoom in.

Could be. Its very weird to give up the price-war on HDR/4K to the X1S.

But they could also just be shooting for ~<250$.

I think its kind of weird that the people who own 4k TVs right now would be going for the cheaper console. That might just be me though. I think Neo will be making the 4k push, the PS4 slim is just trying to sell as many PS4s as possible by being as cheap as possible.

Audioboxer

Whatever the case 100x better than the current PS4. Even although I know what button does what I still manage to eject the disc by accident every now and then.

Sony was obviously blindsided by the S and 4K playback that's why we have this regular slim model with no word on HDR functionality.

Or they just didn't see the added cost as being worth it considering HDR is still relatively rare.

Now if Neo doesn't have HDR, there's something wrong.

dealer-

Damn that white PS4 is in ROUGH shape. There lies the big issue with a white console. Shows up scrapes and marks like a boss.

Don't believe the lies a white PS4 tries to tell in dodgy lighting!

Yep I bought a replacement hdd cover due to scrapes and marks, it looked like shit. The Xbox One S looks great but I hope Neo is black.

spwolf

Who would choose the 299 over the Xbox One S for 299 and it's much better value? 100 bucks more get the Neo.

why is Xbox One S better value?

and same people who buy 2x more PS4's at $349 than Xbox One at whatever fire sale prices they sell it at around the world.

Are people missing the whole point of the damn thing? You wanna know why it's cheap looking? Because Sony wants to sell ~17M of these until March next year, so they need to lower those costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom