• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
Looking at this I'm willing to bet that the LEDs surround the power and eject buttons. Looks like they're transparent instead of just plain black, and it would definitely make sense to put them there.
Yeah looks like you're right. A shame. I love lights lol. I'll miss the led strip.

Audioboxer

I brighten the image so it's easier to see

Yeah same black plastic as it's always used. Which is good. It's cheap but it's on the good spectrum of cheap. Fairly durable.

Yep I bought a replacement hdd cover due to scrapes and marks, it looked like shit. The Xbox One S looks great but I hope Neo is black.

Black is best <3 White just looks good day 1, or in promo pictures. After a few years owning one it somehow ends up rough even if you're careful!!!

WadeitOut

why is Xbox One S better value?

and same people who buy 2x more PS4's at $349 than Xbox One at whatever fire sale prices they sell it at around the world.

The cheapest 4K Blu Ray player is still the Samsung which has been getting price drops to like $320 at various retailers. I can get one built into an Xbox One for $299.

People can keep pretending like no one has a 4K TV but I absolutely guarantee you 4K tv's will be the #1 hot seller this holiday.

gamz

Most people don't care about 4K and you're getting better performance in games.

4K boomed last year and it'll be huge again this year. I'm just kinda shocked they are giving up the low end market to MS. Like really shocked!

Good for MS.

Must admit the Xbox one S is very sleek and the Xbox one was so big that a redisgn to make it smaller made sense, adding 4K playback and HDR made it a more forward focused entertainment player.

The PS4 is a great size and its great looking in white but this just screams cheap ass store labelled bluray player. There is no design to it, looks cheap, ugly and the USB ports are still all on the front.

I hope the Neo looks better than this.

In fact looking at photos above it looks quite nice that its still got the same shape.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Not sure what you guys are on about, it looks nice but wheres the lights? Please say its the PS logo.

Boke1879

Are people missing the whole point of the damn thing? You wanna know why it's cheap looking? Because Sony wants to sell ~17M of these until March next year, so they need to lower those costs.

I'm telling you man. People are too focused on looks. THere is literally nothing wrong with this. Sure it isn't sexy, but it's not ugly either imo. It's a black box that plays PS4 games. It's bringing down costs for both manufacturer and consumer.

Nobody is going to think of the look of this console when they are playing COD or Battlefield 1.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Fuck I might get the two consoles within a year Jesus
Yea I dunno for us Canadians $399 USD is fucking scary, it would be $549 or more CAD. But $199 USD means they'd have it at $250 CAD... I would definitely just buy that and wait for PS5 instead.

StoopKid

Are people missing the whole point of the damn thing? You wanna know why it's cheap looking? Because Sony wants to sell ~17M of these until March next year, so they need to lower those costs.

Pretty much.

This is gonna be the holiday killer. Nobody cares what a console looks like.

wapplew

I mean most people might choose OG PS4 without 4K if they are at the same price with Xbox one S.
Now new PS4 revision also without 4K will make people choose Xbox one S instead? How does it work?

Chobel

Some of you really overestimate the importance of the 4K Blu-Ray player. 4K native upscaling and HDR are more important for the typical gamer.

Do you believe that?

Venom made the seller take the pictures... Polygon used them and said they received them.

Yes. I contacted the seller and received the images at 2:23pm and received a response at 2:46/47pm (the minute ticked over during sending).

I also have an iMessage thread on my phone, my Mac all from the phone number on his Gumtree listing when you contact via SMS. That's where I received the messages.

Polygon got the images from me, and yes, I work for Vox Media and Polygon. I originally received a DM about the Gumtree link from a friend of mine who I lovingly refer to as a Sony Pony. There's no controversy here, friends.

I did not source them from GAF. Anyway, I'm out. See y'all on WrestleGAF.

Guymelef

I'm hoping this lights up but all signs are pointing to the power LED being on the buttons themselves.

We can see Power and HDD leds here.
CqaLSIHWcAAFwSL.jpg

Asd202

4K boomed last year and it'll be huge again this year. I'm just kinda shocked they are giving up the low end market to MS. Like really shocked!

Good for MS.

Well IMO 4K with such a weak console is pretty useless. Much better to get Neo or Scorpio for that.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
doesn't look like it has a swappable hdd, hope that means sony finally switching to external like xbox.

nm looks like panel on back

Elios83

Good for MS.

If they give the basic 4K features to the standard PS4 how can they justify they are making a PS4K that costs 100$ more? :D

Also the 4K market is for people who have money, they want those people to upgrade to Neo.
PS4 Slim is for mainstream and they'll be more than happy with the quality of BR.

BigEmil

Maybe we'll get proper good pictures tomorrow morning, he took this shot in the evening time on the UK, need good quality photos in well lit rooms

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Man what's up with Sony and their slim designs? Like I think PS3 and PS4 are two of the most beautiful looking consoles but their (super) slim counterparts are ugly as sin.

NewDust

How strange is it I want to have this? I already have a PS4 and probably going to get Neo day 1, yet...

And it's not a beauty, but subdued and thats what I want. First impressions doesn't seem that big of a size reduction. Wished sony would let go of the slanted design.

I'm guessing you can't stand it up vertically. It doesn't have the feet on the side from what I can tell.

That's a big strike against it for me. Not that I care to update for a cosmetic revision anyways.

RibMan

So then pretend like I said "holidays" instead of "black friday" and the exact same point stands.

No.

While 4KTV's are the future (until 8K/whatever comes after it), the penetration of 4KTV's is nowhere near 1080P TV's. PlayStation is a global product, so at no point should Sony base their entire PlayStation business based on early 4K adoption rates in a handful of markets.

Man what's up with Sony and their slim designs? Like I think PS3 and PS4 are two of the most beautiful looking consoles but their slim counterparts are ugly as sin.

Wait for Neo. This is supposed to be the budget console, so of course they aren't going to waste costs on looks. I think it looks great for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom