• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyber_ninja

Man what's up with Sony and their slim designs? Like I think PS3 and PS4 are two of the most beautiful looking consoles but their (super) slim counterparts are ugly as sin.

The first PS3 slim looks freaking amazing, put down that Crack pipe son. :)

2016-08-21_22-54-0694pqk.png

Is that Kojima? Cant tell.

Kyrios

Wish Neo leaked instead.

Otherwise the Slim is not bad looking. I'm honestly more curious about the heat/noise this thing is going to emit.

gamz

Yeah boys...XB1 S is going to dominate now that it'll be the more attractive console in addiction to having 4K and HDR support.

Pack it Sony, you won't win any NPD for now on.

Nobody is saying that, but it's bizarre they wouldn't add 4K and HDR when they sell HDTV TV's. The only thing I can think of is they had no idea that the X Slim would be 4K.

The beginning of this thread felt like one of those middle of the night Reddit police chase mysteries except this actually ended in a positive way with real stuff happening.

LordOfChaos

It looks...Awkward, in exchange for a pretty small height reduction and not much depth and width reduction.

I just hope it's quiet enough that you can't hear it even at a desk with you. My 1200 is inaudible from TV distance but very audible at a desk with me.

wapplew

Called it.

And I'm liking SIE's newfound love for the shapes. First the screw, then the feet!

Looks like the air intakes go all the way around now or exhaust is hidden as well.

Those feet is the reason many base cover rejected at Foxconn, according to leak.

Gradly

doesn't look like it has a swappable hdd, hope that means sony finally switching to external like xbox.

nm looks like panel on back

In one picture, I can see like a cover area in the back? That could be where the HDD can be taken out

I really like the design but I'm wondering how Neo will end up looking. Hopefully it has more ports, options, and tech stuff like HDR and whatnot :)

lupinko

Physical buttons, over those absolutely cretin optical ones? Do they do this on purpose to push people to buy a slim? they did the same with the PS3.

The most recent PS4 has physical buttons, the one I have does and it has a matte HDD cover.

I bought alternate covers though, a glossy White and the Frozen LE one.

etta

my hard graphic balls
*breathes a sigh of relief*

Thank god; I want that thing ASAP.
Which would you buy:
Slim for $280 CAD during Black Friday
Neo for $620 CAD in November

😳😬😬 I don't think I could pass up on the Slim at that price.

Who would choose the 299 over the Xbox One S for 299 and it's much better value? 100 bucks more get the Neo.

Better value? Are we pretending the PS4 isn't much more powerful than the Xbone now or something?

This isn't a pretty console but I think that's the point. It serves a different purpose, which is to be the budget tier PS4, the one you can buy for your kid and not worry about it because it looks sturdy and inexpensive. Meanwhile, the Neo will be the more high end PS4.

Elios83

I don't actually know but everything points towards a late September or Early October release.

October to November.
Don't expect it in September, games are not ready.
The Slim instead...if they're already shipping it....it might be a "available right now" moment on September 7th.

ironcreed

Banned
Physical buttons, over those absolutely cretin optical ones? Do they do this on purpose to push people to buy a slim? they did the same with the PS3.

Yeah, I hate touch sensitive buttons with a passion. Even my dog's tail turns on my systems sometimes as he walks by.

LordofPwn

Sony was obviously blindsided by the S and 4K playback that's why we have this regular slim model with no word on HDR functionality.
PS4 can already output a UHD resolution signal via play memories and they make UHD TVs with HDR functionality. they were truly shocked and blindsided by the S and 4K playback. Maybe wait for official specs yeah?

guessing some of these features may be unlocked with FW4.0 on this model. just a guess.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I think the PS4 Slim looks like a decent trade off design and functionality wise. You can tell there was a cheapness involved to the design, but its still slick enough to not look too cheap, and still look aesthetically pleasing.

Lebneney

Banned
I... I actually kinda like the design.

But I'm on #TeamFake because I have no idea how that sucker's going to have a replaceable HDD.

Stike

Well, surely it is real. I am personally waiting for the Neo to see what to do next.

The big news is: Finally a PS4 that does not wobble!

Vol5

Nobody is saying that, but it's bizarre they wouldn't add 4K and HDR when they sell HDTV TV's. The only thing I can think of is they had no idea that the X Slim would be 4K.

It's not bizarre at all. If you have a 4K TV (and maybe a PS4 already), the odds are you will go for Neo instead of the slim due to you being a savvy, technically accomplished consumer.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Ok no Neo can't be that expensive

No no no

UNACCEPTABLE
PS VR is $399 USD $549 CAD. Add 13% tax and BOOM, almost 650 dollars holy hell.
I of course am assuming Neo is $399 launch price in US. If it's more, then 😭😭

NewDust

It's a budgetbox.

And are we entirely sure the thing doesn't support 4K at all (streaming)? In anyway people seem to grossly overestimate the market share of physical UHD media.

Plum

Man I can't wait for that September 7th conference. I need confirmed details and all that shit.

Meanwhile, on NintendoGAF:

"Man I can't wait for Nintendo to finally announce when they might possibly announce the NX. I need this nightmare to end all that shit."

Please send help. Or leaks.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
They also don't want this thing to be in any way confused for PS4NEO, so they arent going to include the NEO's enhancements like 4K and HDR support i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom