• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupinko

So Sony is abandoning the HDD cover market?

I know it wasn't a thing in North America, but for the rest of the world it was most definitely a thing.

That or the Neo uses the same HDD covers too.

<3 my Frozen HDD cover.

gamz

It's not bizarre at all. If you have a 4K TV (and maybe a PS4 already), the odds are you will go for Neo instead of the slim due to you being a savvy, technically accomplished consumer.

Or you go for the Xbox One S which is cheaper.

Audioboxer

I would love the Neo to have an all-gloss finish to contrast the slim's matte.

P6ToO.gif

Please, no. SCRATCHES EVERYWHERE!

One little thing about the lack of optical out.. you do realize that you can get optical sound via the TV? The console outputs audio via HDMI into the TV, and from the TV you can get sound out to the speakers via optical out. Most TVs have this. Quality should be the exact same. Surround support & all..
Except you lose surround sound in the process since it doesn't pass through from HDMI to optical in 99% of TVs.

wapplew

So Sony is abandoning the HDD cover market?

I know it wasn't a thing in North America, but for the rest of the world it was most definitely a thing.

That or the Neo uses the same HDD covers too.

<3 my Frozen HDD cover.

40m is a pretty big market.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Nobody is saying that, but it's bizarre they wouldn't add 4K and HDR when they sell HDTV TV's. The only thing I can think of is they had no idea that the X Slim would be 4K.

They will have a console that supports 4K and HDR, it'll be the PS4 Neo. IF it's lauching this year or the next nobody knows, but it's not like MS got Sony with their pants down.

Sony is betting that people who truly care about 4K, HDR and all will fork the additional bucks to buy the most powerful option, the one that will support their needs better.

It's nice for the XB1 S to have 4K, but I personally don't see it as a big advantage in relation to, even, the current ps4 sku.

Servbot24

Banned
I'm really surprised that there's distaste for the PS4 slim design. It's very straightforward an inoffensive imo. Not as striking as PS4's design, but it still retains the same elements.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
That would be WEIRD AF. Why not? This thing going to be $199? LOL

They don't want this thing to diminish NEO's 4K and UHDBR selling point along with HDR and improved performance. This was always intended apparently as a slimline OG PS4.

I... I actually kinda like the design.

But I'm on #TeamFake because I have no idea how that sucker's going to have a replaceable HDD.

On the side there is a slot.

phanphare

Banned
Meanwhile, on NintendoGAF:

"Man I can't wait for Nintendo to finally announce when they might possibly announce the NX. I need this nightmare to end all that shit."

Please send help. Or leaks.

honestly I'm hyped as fuck for the NX but I'm not really craving new news. would love it obviously but just knowing it's going to be a beast of a handheld has me satiated. so I just want to see games. which is how I always feel.

As believable as this looks, I have to remind everybody (including myself) of how believable the leaked NX controller looked. We live in the age of 3D printers, and there is no going back. In my mind, everything is an elaborate hoax until it is confirmed by multiple independent industry sources, or announced officially.

Having said that, if this turns out to be bunk, I can definitely see a PS4 Slim being announced alongside the Neo.

gamz

They will have a console that supports 4K and HDR, it'll be the PS4 Neo. IF it's lauching this year or the next nobody knows, but it's not like MS got Sony with their pants down.

Sony is betting that people who truly care about 4K, HDR and all will fork the additional bucks to buy the most powerful option, the one that will support their needs better.

It's nice for the XB1 S to have 4K, but I personalloy don't see it as a big advantage in relation to, even, the current ps4 sku.

That's a huge bet. People like cheaper.

I don't know if Neo is coming out next year, then the door is open for the Xbox One S this holiday for 4K.

Audioboxer

I have to wonder WTF you guys are doing to your consoles to fuck up the gloss so much.

I seem to have hairline scratches just from dusting. It's always incredibly cheap gloss they use so even staring intently at the console seems to introduce hairline scratches.

That's a huge bet. People like cheaper.

I don't know if Neo is coming out next year, then the door is open for the Xbox One S this holiday for 4K.

You (we) all overestimate the importance of 4K. Blu Ray and 1080p is enough for most people. If you really care about 4K chances are you're a media enthusiast who would rather buy a Neo anyway.

For everyone else it's what is the cheapest for gaming, and right now (and the foreseeable future) the PS4 being more powerful than the XB1 since launch also helps.

I guess I'm the only one who couldn't care less what the console actually looks like. It goes on the shelf and I never look at it again, except to put games in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom