• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PSN+ premium service details

slider

Karma said:
I thought he was trying to address the problem of people complaining about paying for cross game chat. If that is the case his solution doesnt work.

Now it makes sense.

Ah, fair enough. I guess Sony have to keep some leverage and how "open" x-game chat would/could be was a decision they weighed up.

Still, nothing confirmed as yet. Could be pants. Could be dope.

charlequin said:
I think the fact that if you look at cross-game invites and trophies, two features added into the SKU after the platform launched, and you notice how one is used in basically every game (and was even backported into some older games) while the other isn't used anywhere, "common sense" would dictate that one of these features is easy to implement relative to how valuable it is to developers and one is not.

but trophies are mandatory? invites aren't

come on Sin/TTP, just say general things.

Like:
If you think it's worth the price.
If overall the new features are somewhat cool.

You already said non-subscribers keep everything of today's PSN and get new stuff via the subscribers, so does this indeed mean only subscribers can START a cross ingame voice chat?
Answer the last one with a "I'm happy or not happy about the implementation" :p

Positive answers would ease our worries and make us even more excited for the presser ^^

TTP said:
Everything will stay the same for PSN members. No worries about that.

Actually, they will get something extra for free thanks to PSN+ members.

I should stop now...

Either chat or token wagering? can't imagine what else would cut across both pools of members?

agm2502

I think cross game chat will be for everyone for free. I think they will give details of a premium service etc and then say but we aren't going to stop updating the ps3 for free members, and to show this we are providing cross game chat for everyone.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SolidusDave said:
If you think it's worth the price. No idea about price.
If overall the new features are somewhat cool. Don't have details/full list. Nothing really cool that I know of tho. But again, don't have the full picture sorry

About that other thing, I think it's clever the way they are going about it.

kassatsu said:
Unless they handle demos a new way. I don't see how all psn games would have them. It is a matter of priorities for devs.

I find it shocking that they don't do demos for some PSN titles anyways, you see a lot of "no demo no buy" in the PSN threads, I feel the same way. Maybe they are hoping to get impulse buyers? thats probably it, but I feel like if they had demo's they would have my sale and many others. It's weird because I don't care about demos for full titles but I do for downloadables, maybe because theres a greater wealth of information on disc based titles in general.

TTP said:
About that other thing, I think it's clever the way they are going about it.

fair enough, thanks!

It will be interesting which features&content will be part of the sub, but now I don't have to worry about what will be happen to today's PSN features. It can only get better with PSN+ and if you don't think it's worth it, you simply don't pay and might get some new stuff anyway.
By keeping the actual online gaming and other basic features free to use, they don't force you to pay but they have to convince you of the quality...

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
cross game chat for all. why the fuck would they limit that to paid users only, you wouldn't be able to chat to everyone.

if im wrong, screw you sony.

BobTheFork said:
what do you think Sony has to do with PSN+ to 'not drop the ball'?

don't charge too much for features that don't add value....

that said i think this is going to be about adding value through content rather than just features... so quite intrigued by it.

Azrael said:
Demos for all, full trials for premium members?
Well, what do you think the difference would be between a full trial and a demo?
If that just mean degrading or timed demos for non paying PSN users than that sucks.
I can't wait to see the details though, should be interesting.

I would love for the cross over voice chat to finally happen. I don't think I would use it all the time but there are lots of times when I wish I could chat while I'm grinding or playing a long game of golf.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I think there will be some partnership linked to this FW upgrade/PSN+ program. Maybe with skype, and google or something.

what the hell? Qriocity?

2d6tu2w.png

I signed in on playstation's website and this showed up at the top of the sign-in window..

T-T

EDIT: I realised that a while ago, this better not be the implementation of PSN+.

I want psn what it is atm & cross game chat to be free, sony can do whatever they want after that. :/

Nizz

What's Qriocity? And when does Sony's press conference start? 12:00pm Pacific? I can't wait till it finally starts.

gcubed

Tiger uppercut said:
what the hell? Qriocity?

2d6tu2w.png

I signed in on playstation's website and this showed up at the top of the sign-in window..

T-T

we knew about that a few weeks/months ago, just not exactly what it was meant to do

Mad_Ban

TTP/Sin... I know you want to leave the surprise to Sony (so I likely wont get an answer :p) but:

Cross game chat.

Paid, free or ;)?

Pimpwerx

Goldrusher said:
I've been called many things, but not a Sony troll. I only own a PS3, nothing else, and I've gotten quite casual about gaming since I got it. I've enjoyed my friend's Wii more in that time, but I've held onto my PS3 because...well...you never know. That and I'm not quite sure what to do about my PSN account. I think I have some 30+ games on there, and I don't know if I can really sell my account.

As for this news, I understand the basic plan stays the same, but anytime you introduce a premium service, you introduce the specter that something is being withheld that would have been free previously. Despite attempts to allay our fears, that's exactly what happened with Qore. Shit was being withheld to justify paying for Qore. I don't like that. I think it creates an imbalance in an otherwise awesome network. I had no major issues with PSN other than their demo policy. They were way too low. But now this PSN+ idea means that anything else cool they wanted to add will probably be shifted towards the premium side. Until it's proven otherwise in practice, I see no reason to think otherwise. Again, I'm referencing Qore.

There are a number of reasons I've been turned away from gaming. I know Move is a shift towards the casual market, but I don't know if that's what makes Wii games fun either. A greater emphasis on local community in games, and maybe more accessible/interesting gameplay. There are tons of shitty/boring games on Wii too, but the good ones are just insanely fun. Meh...getting off topic. Sorry. PEACE.

Top Bottom