• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian warship heads toward US destroyers after strike on Syria

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
The only red line is chemical weapons. They could pave the entire town and kill a thousand children, just as long as its conventional weapons.

I just don't think this is going to end with the strikes on the base the other night. Not with a bunch of neocons running things. At any rate, this is a mess beyond comprehension.

RenditMan

Banned
Conspiracy theory in me thinks this is a ruse so Putin and Trump can pretend that they aren't buddies in a big way only to reconcile their differences at the last minute.

Toparaman

Banned
Man, I'm not sure I can read the comments for every news story.

Everything is WWIII.

Guys- This is standard operating procedure. Just as bolstering the missile defense is.

Relax.

This. Calm down.

Getting deja vu here.

Trump, Putin, and Assad are all fucking crazy. Why should we calm down? Being calm and complacent seems like the worst response right now. Say what you will about the alt-right, at least they're vocally taking a stand against their dear leader.

ironcreed

Banned
Getting deja vu here.

Trump, Putin, and Assad are all fucking crazy. Why should we calm down? Being calm and complacent seems like the worst response right now. Say what you will about the alt-right, at least they're vocally taking a stand against their dear leader.

A bunch of gigantic egos in a dick measuring contest can go bad fast, especially in an area as chaotic as Syria. Wars have started over far less.

ironcreed

Banned
This is a war. Scale is the only variable.

Yeah, it most certainly is. I suppose I should have clarified that I meant large scale or world wars have started over far less. Not saying that is going to happen here, but the pieces for it to are definitely in place.

iran-iraq-syria-pipeline.jpg
read up please

https://kurultay.fr/blog/?p=1103

http://wallstreetpit.com/101063-if-...why-are-the-saudis-trying-to-overthrow-assad/

Madness

Russia will fall in line should it come to it, their military are a joke compared to the US.

Posturing. That frigate is no threat to a couple destroyers.

ALVGPF6.jpg

No it isn't a threat to the US destroyers but is posturing to the US asking them if they are willing to go to war for Syria. The post about the Russian military being a joke is just laughable. They are the credible second most powerful military on Earth. The frigate they are sending is one of their latest designs. You never hear about it in the media, but Russian defense has been in heavy rebuilding mode since the Georgia war. New nuclear missiles, new stealth fighters, stealth frigates, missile defense.

What good are 200+ F22 Raptors that are grounded and have technical issues and cost more than 1000 sukhoi Su-30's etc. See Russia has more stake in Syria. Much like the US has a stake in Saudi Arabia and Israel. This is something Americans have trouble understanding. Not everyone will back down all the time. The Chinese were willing to risk fighting a nuclear US in North Korea during the Korean war to prevent them from falling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom