• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian warship heads toward US destroyers after strike on Syria

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelly

I can never see a war happening between them or other big countries. People just want to be rich and live the good life with family and friends. Self preservation All out war kinda gets in the way of those nice dinners and getaways..

If WWIII happens in our modern time then i really have lost fate in humanity.

Huge Wars like that should stay in the past.

It would be nice, but where one World War was created by ridiculous treaties created by the Royal Elite and inbred upper crust, the Second was from a crazy tyrant who took advantage of a group who felt they got a raw deal, the Third being from crazy economical bullshittery seems likely.

I find the big Wildcard is China. If we declare war on a nation, it absolves debt, which we have plenty of with China. As a large market for them, it doesn't make sense for us to fight physically when economic warfare is the bigger deal.

Russia is just that person you know who wants to push everyone's boundaries to see what will happen.*

*Gross misrepresentation.

Remember during the election when everyone was like "lol Trumps not gona win. Its like this is ppls first election" ???

We are so gona die!

Russia won't do shit.

They gotta look tough because the US just blew up a bunch of warplanes that Russia sold to Assad.

Now Assad is pissed and wants his money back from Russia. But Russia has a no refund policy. So to make Assad feel a little better, they're gonna make threats and try bully US ships and planes.

people need to calm down..its all part of the plan for USA and Russia to join forces and ofc the deal will be sealed after the sanctions are lifted :(

fuck that can't be good

Will this be the spark that ignites WWIII?
I really hope not.

This is the exact reaction that the people in power want

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Is it crazy to still believe that this whole thing is just leading to dropping the Russian sanctions? Everything feels like clockwork to me. Kremlin's puppet being put to good use.

Dopus

Banned
Is it crazy to still believe that this whole thing is just leading to dropping the Russian sanctions? Everything feels like clockwork to me. Kremlin's puppet being put to good use.

Yes. Because dropping the sanctions has to do with Crimea and not Syria.

Syria is the only ally Russia has in the region. Unless there is actual evidence to support the idea, it's simply a ridiculous notion.

brian577

Banned

Are people going to keep saying this until the nukes start flying?

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
At this point, the most annoying thing about all this shit is all the condescending "calm down, stupid there's nothing to worry about."

I remember getting that shit when I'd bitch about how GAF would have a fucking OT almost every time Trump had a televised rally. That's the attitude all the conservatives around me irl have towards anyone protesting anything.

"Stop being hysterical, y'all. Nothing about any of this is abnormal or concerning."

Nafai1123

Banned
I think Putin is more than happy to sacrifice his buddy Assad if it means becoming buddies with the largest military in the world. I predict nothing will come of this except for posturing, and that it will lead to Trump/Putin striking some sort of "superb deal" in which Russia faces very little to no consequences for their actions in return for the acceptance and even possible assistance in removing Assad.

If WWIII happens in our modern time then i really have lost fate in humanity.

Huge Wars like that should stay in the past.

Lol, if WW3 happens there will hardly be a humanity left to lose faith in. This is what a thermonuclear (airburst) detonation looks like:

https://gfycat.com/HeartfeltGlossyClumber

If you live anywhere near a population center or significant military target you are fucked. That basically means we're all fucked. Humanity has proven that in times of total war, absolutely nothing is off the table when it comes to committing atrocities.

Calderc

At this point, the most annoying thing about all this shit is all the condescending "calm down, stupid there's nothing to worry about."

I remember getting that shit when I'd bitch about how GAF would have a fucking OT almost every time Trump had a televised rally. That's the attitude all the conservatives around me irl towards anyone protesting anything.

"Stop being hysterical, y'all. Nothing about any of this is abnormal or concerning."

There's a bit of a difference between an election and nuclear war.

Phased

This is literally just being used as a bargaining chip when back room negotiations take place. People are freaking out for nothing.

Piggus

We're all going to fucking die.
Thanks.

Fuck.

Yeah, it's time to step away from the internet and take a breather. Or better yet, do some research about past conflicts and escalation. The military equivalent of Trump and Putin calling each other big meany-heads is not the start of a nuclear holocaust.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
This is literally just being used as a bargaining chip when back room negotiations take place. People are freaking out for nothing.

This administration is being investigated for possible treason w/ Russia while Russia is saber rattling at us right after we bombed one of their allies.

Freaking out about nothing? Simply avoiding nuclear catastrophe, or WW3, doesn't somehow make all of this not weird or concerning.

I like how everyone's all "it's okay, the US is moving its warships and carriers out there for positioning, in case we need them for something. Everything's fine."

But when anybody else makes any move like that, half of the people who say that simultaneously shit themselves and start hyperventilating.

epmode

Yeah, it's time to step away from the internet and take a breather. Or better yet, do some research about past conflicts and escalation. The military equivalent of Trump and Putin calling each other big meany-heads is not the start of a nuclear holocaust.

This goes for half the posts in this thread. Jesus, I have a heart attack when I open threads like these before realizing that everyone's overreacting.

Maxinas

Man, the panic from this basic action is pathetic. Can't take most of you seriously anymore.

Doesn't this paint a perfect picture of how the majority of humans would act if a apocalyptic or world ending event were to happen? Oh yes, WW3 could very well be world ending, considering the destructive powers humans are capable of now.

That's what will probably happen
YcToVAbL1YGGDdAJl3rkagC2lzg=.gif

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
There's seriously people scared about this move? You gotta be fuckin kidding me. Doesn't everyone know by now that Putin and Trump are the same damn team. You guys are falling in line and acting exactly how Putin wants you to.

Nothing is gonna happen. That fucking airport was operational within a day, and they warned the Russians to clear out before even congress knew. On top of that, if I'm not mistaken, Trump and Pootie spoke on the phone 24 hours earlier.

They're gonna posture and try to scare the crap out of the world so Trump looks presidential and the media stops looking into the collusion with Russia angle. This is almost certainly the Reichstag fire we were all warned would happen.

See, this is why I prefer short games. Before GAF stop yelling impeding doom everyday, I am not touching that 80 hour high school monster JRPG.

G-Unit

I wish America and Russia would engage a war in the middle of no where, having the politicians fight each other. Bunch of twats

what if the tomahawks intentionally missed the targets and the russian ships are a muscle show both putin and trump are in on to make it look like they aren't allies

Nothing is gonna happen. That fucking airport was operational within a day, and they warned the Russians to clear out before even congress knew. On top of that, if I'm not mistaken, Trump and Pootie spoke on the phone 24 hours earlier.

They're gonna posture and try to scare the crap out of the world so Trump looks presidential and the media stops looking into the collusion with Russia angle. This is almost certainly the Reichstag fire we were all warned would happen.

Sure is convenient this happens a couple of days after Nunes is forced to step down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom