• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian warship heads toward US destroyers after strike on Syria

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this results in sanctions being lifted it's nothing except collusion. We'll see how far they'll go to make it look like it's not.

Wensih

Plagiarizing other forums?

l2JhIjG7CbfFx7Fi8.gif

Half of the headlines on GAF are posts from the front page of Reddit. It was only a matter of time before people started copying and pasting comments from Reddit as well.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I think The American and Russian governments will both talk this up and pretend that they are escalating the conflict. Then they will save the whole world by... now wait for it... by agreeing on a deal. A tremendous deal. That deal, right, will include the US removing sanctions on Russia in return for Russia leaning on Assad to not use chemical weapons on his own people. Nobel Peace Prize for Trump and Putin for averting nuclear armageddon.

marrec

Banned
If this results in sanctions being lifted it's nothing except collusion. We'll see how far they'll go to make it look like it's not.

Congress and said multiple times that sanctions against Russia can only be lifted by Russian actions in the Ukraine.

I'm starting to believe that people pushing this plot of Trump being a puppet of Russia may actually be paid Russian trolls made to make the left in America look like idiots.

I'm sorry, are you suggesting Assad isn't responsible for the chemical attack dispite the US government and every major news orginization suggestion the opposite?
Thank god the US government and "every major news organization" are credible since they have no agenda, ulterior motives and would never use propaganda and never lie. I mean a country that over a half century ago tried to overthrow the Syrian government, the same government inciting sectarian tensions in Syria since 2006 and the same government have supplied arms to terrorists surely is a credible source.

Xe4

Banned
Lol are you being ironic here? The US says it so you believe it?

People need some lessons in geopol and need it fast
The US citing radar reports, opposition activists live reporting at the scene of the attack, and major western news agencies vs. the word of Putin and Assad. You're damn right I beleive it. Not to mention the area was heavily controlled rebel territory with a known weapons cache, qnd planes were spotted flying during the attack.

If you want to wait until more definive proof that's perfectly fine, but to call all those different sources colectively "propoganda" is rediculous.

Thank god the US government and "every major news organization" are credible since they have no agenda, ulterior motives and would never use propaganda and never lie. I mean a country that over a half century ago tried to overthrow the Syrian government, the same government inciting sectarian tensions in Syria since 2006 and the same government have supplied arms to terrorists surely is a credible source.
lol, so the entirety of the west had one singular agenda, got it. It's not like newspapers such as the NYT and WaPo have been fervently reporting against the Trump administration or anything.

Bro it's word for word you Melania'd it up after seeing it on Imgur I'd guess.

Fuckin' learn to say you messed up and apologize.

Messed up and apologize? It's a forum post. Not a bloody speech. You're taking it a bit serious. 80% of the content on this site is found on Reddit.

Ah right because in the real world you can show me the proof that the Syrian government did the attack. Great. Now show me.

Oh wait.
I think I'm going to trust the multiple countries that have confirmed and condemned the attack.

What was your counter evidence again?

Assad has a proven track record of using these kind of weapons. Planes were spotted above the area. So unless ISIS is going around in fighter jets these days, I'm pretty sure who is responsible.

marrec

Banned
Messed up and apologize? It's a forum post. Not a bloody speech. You're taking it a bit serious.

"I just stole some reactionary bullshit from an outside forum and tried to peddle it here as my own bullshit bro calm down"

We don't need more bullshit on our forums thanks. You've lost all credibility going forward.

Condom

I think I'm going to trust the multiple countries that have confirmed and condemned the attack.

What was your counter evidence again?

Those countries are part of the geopolitics and don't have more evidence than you and me (as far as we know). Did you even read their statements? They're not sure either.

Man I might as well be discussing Yemen with Saudi government officials.

Guy.brush

This all feels like some shitty pretend play so that after some weeks of "tension" Trump will sign an agreement with Putin on the Middle East, shake hands and then lift the sanctions.

Here is what I commented on FB this morning, after reading that Putin was making fake angry noises about the strikes - "Guess the only way to keep the peace now is to lift the sanctions on Russia".

I could see this actually happening, and his supporters would eat it all up and praise him again for being a man of reason.

Joeytj

Banned
People are acting up like this is some sort of grand master plan from Trump to lift Russian sanctions.

It's not. And even if it were, it should be clear by now that nothing will go as "planned" and this whole thing will end up in one big mess for Trump.

Ovid

For all the people saying posturing, I'm going to make sure to quote your post in the inevitable "mushroom cloud out my window" thread.

J/k

marrec

Banned
No I didn't. Not sure why this is even an issue. It was a comment that reflected my own thoughts. Anyway, it's derailing the thread. Lets move on.

Anytime I see you post I'm going to make sure I subtly remind people that you're intellectually bankrupt and that whatever you're saying is likely just a copy of some random reactionary bullshit from another forum that you could never come up with yourself.

The US citing radar reports, opposition activists, major western news agencies vs. the word of Putin and Assad. You're damn right I beleive it. Not to mention the area was heavily controlled rebel territory with a known weapons cache.

If you want to wait until more definive proof that's perfectly fine, but to call all those different sources colectively "propoganda" is rediculous.

lol, so the entirety of the West had one singular agenda. It's not like newspapers such as the NYT and WaPo have been fervently reporting against the Trump administration or anything.
NYT has a history of being pro-US wars. Their editorial board has never really been in opposition to wars US started save for very few ones like Grenada in the 80's. Why would I take newspaper that are for US wars as a credible source? And since US has had a regime change agenda in Syria for a long while why the hell would I consider anything it says against someone it wants to remove to be credible? Also opposition activists are hardly a credible source either since guess what? They are anti-Assad meaning they'll be biased and say anything that can be used against him.

What does it matter if NYT and WaPo has been reporting against Trump admin? US imperialism is one of the few things that enjoy wide support among all parties and people in US. I couldn't care less about domestic affairs.

Wait for the investigation to finish. Otherwise you help creating an environment where anyone can blame any party they want removed regardless of evidence and that's hardly a good thing.

Assad has a proven track record of using these kind of weapons. Planes were spotted above the area. So unless ISIS is going around in fighter jets these days, I'm pretty sure who is responsible.
and IS has a proven track record of comitting terrorism across the world and yet not every terrorist attack is committed by an IS member. It's fine to believe Assad is responsible due to his track record, there's nothing strange about that assumption. The problem is when that assumption is stated as a fact and conclusive evidence when it isn't.

Congress and said multiple times that sanctions against Russia can only be lifted by Russian actions in the Ukraine.

I'm starting to believe that people pushing this plot of Trump being a puppet of Russia may actually be paid Russian trolls made to make the left in America look like idiots.

That's moot if Russia and the US will directly engage in conflict. They'll want a quick deescalation and won't get Ukraine.

But honestly though all I can do is watch.

Anytime I see you post I'm going to make sure I subtly remind people that you're intellectually bankrupt and that whatever you're saying is likely just a copy of some random reactionary bullshit from another forum that you could never come up with yourself.
So you want to harass me every time I post? Wow ok then. That's not creepy or overblowing things.

marrec

Banned
That's moot if Russia and the US will directly engage in conflict. They'll want a quick deescalation and won't get Ukraine.

Putin won't risk open conflict with the US over Ukraine sanctions.

And no I don't think Trump isn't colluding with Putin to get the sanctions lifted.

So you want to harass me every time I post? Wow ok then. That's not creepy or overblowing things.

*searches Reddit to see if this is from there*

Those countries are part of the geopolitics and don't have more evidence than you and me (as far as we know). Did you even read their statements? They're not sure either.

Man I might as well be discussing Yemen with Saudi government officials.
Or Ukraine with Russian officials. Remember, anything the US says is credible and the same for western newspapers because the US would never spread propaganda nor would newspapers every spread government propaganda. If you are Russian or brown then you play by other rules though. American/western exceptionalism at its finest.

OPCW are the ones who are investigating this chemical attack. They've already said FFM is in the process of gathering material for the investigation from different sources. Problem is that FFM has been seen as highly political and is filled with controversy so even here you have a problem with the investigation.

and IS has a proven track record of comitting terrorism across the world and yet not every terrorist attack is committed by an IS member. It's fine to believe Assad is responsible due to his track record, there's nothing strange about that assumption. The problem is when that assumption is stated as a fact and conclusive evidence when it isn't.
I would have rather the US waited on more evidence, but really, who else could have done it? Bombs where dropped. There is one party active in the region with access to airplanes and able to use such weapons.

How do people not understand if anyone tried to go to war with the US it would be over in less than a month and they would be destroyed. Russia included. You don't spend more money on military than the next 10 countries combined for nothing. No one is going to war with the US.

To be fair I'm sure there are plenty of crazy leaders who will be willing to go war with the U.S. just because they're power hungry but haven't yet.

TyrantII

It's just posturing.

Until it isn't.

Dangerous games are dangerous. You win by never playing.

How do people not understand if anyone tried to go to war with the US it would be over in less than a month and they would be destroyed. Russia included. You don't spend more money on military than the next 10 countries combined for nothing. No one is going to war with the US.

War with Russia means the end of civilization. And even if not, have you looked at a map of the globe?

I know GAF can be pretty dense, but how do people not understand the dangers of nuclear powers going to war?

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
We're all going to fucking die.
Thanks.

Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom