• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RWBY Twitch Marathon |OT| Oct 9 Will Be The Day

Geist-

Sometimes I wish they could have done the whole show in 2d animation, but I guess it would have been harder to do those action scenes.

Finaj

Sometimes I wish they could have done the whole show in 2d animation, but I guess it would have been harder to do those action scenes.

I mean, the show was created by Monty Oum, who was known for highly-choreographed fight scenes in 3d spaces.

That's just kind of how the Faunus work. They are human with the addition of one piece of animal biology, like a tail or ears or horns.

It doesn't seem like much thought was put into the Faunus, at least the ones with animal ears.

Does she get an extra hearing advantage from them or can she not hear out of them?

jman2050

Of course the monkey Fauna uses a staff, why would I expect anything else?

Or I guess it's a staff/nunchuk/gun combo thing?

The weapons in this show are weird.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It doesn't seem like much thought was put into the Faunus, at least the ones with animal ears.

Does she get an extra hearing advantage from them or can she not hear out of them?

It doesn't really come up, but I would assume they're fully functional like any other faunus body part.

edit: they do at least move once the animation gets better

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I guess that's the end of Volume 1

At first I was like "onwards to Volume 2" but then I remembered they're focusing on one volume a day until Friday. Noooooo!!

Edit: if that song for the Volume 5 promo is the actual theme song for the season then the opening is going to be LIT AF.

Luigi87

A bit surprised they're spreading it out across multiple days, is it really a marathon when you can get through a season in under 2 and a half hours?

They have the schedule posted on the main page. Friday will be the full 1-4 marathon, with vol. 1 just repeating throughout today until tomorrow 11AM PDT

Ferrio

Banned
Wow the first volume is that short? That's a little underwhelming. Guess there's no point turning in until friday when they just show it all.

dot

that was a bit cringey and the voice acting leaves much to be desired but i actually like it so far

i guess volume 2 is tomorrow...

Geist-

Ah Volume 1. Super rough around the edges. I generally don't like to rewatch Vol 1 but 2-4 is where it's at.
Ya, anyone who doesn't like Vol.1 should really give it another shot. Every Volume improves its animation, writing, and voice acting (although fight scenes really took a hit after Monty Oum died).

Ya, anyone who doesn't like Vol.1 should really give it another shot. Every Volume improves its animation, writing, and voice acting (although fight scenes really took a hit after Monty Oum died).

The animation from the initial season drove me away from RWBY, but after watching Chibi I immediately changed my opinion of this series.

Gravidee

I was actually ready to give up on the series by end of volume 2 but watching volume 3 showed me that the series could really live up to its potential. There is still lots of room to grow but I look forward to how the series will look in the next few years as it seems to be getting bigger and bigger in popularity.

SDBurton

I was actually ready to give up on the series by end of volume 2 but watching volume 3 showed me that the series could really live up to its potential. There is still lots of room to grow but I look forward to how the series will look in the next few years as it seems to be getting bigger and bigger in popularity.

The crew was at NYCC and they mentioned that RWBY will have at the very least 10 volumes. My guess is 12, maybe 13.

Every Volume after this also have more satisfying conclusions IMO. Never was fond of how Volume 1's ending only featured 1 member of out title team.

The crew was at NYCC and they mentioned that RWBY will have at the very least 10 volumes. My guess is 12, maybe 13.

The answer to how long RWBY will be varies from person to person. Lindsay kept saying last year that there was enough material for the show to go on for 20 volumes.

Personally I feel like it'll be somewhere between 12 to 15 volumes total. Dragging it out to 20 would be exhausting, I think. I kind of hate thinking of the idea of still watching new RWBY episodes by the time I'm 40 years old. lol

My newest hot take as a first time watcher:

Yang ≥ Ruby > Nora > Weiss > Pyrrha > Blake

You know what's up.

Yang's the best.

SDBurton

The answer to how long RWBY will be varies from person to person. Lindsay kept saying last year that there was enough material for the show to go on for 20 volumes.

Personally I feel like it'll be somewhere between 12 to 15 volumes total. Dragging it out to 20 would be exhausting, I think. I kind of hate thinking of the idea of still watching new RWBY episodes by the time I'm 40 years old. lol

20 would be a bit much, though I can't find myself saying no to it. lol

I think I'll finish the rest on Crunchyroll tbh

But then you'll be missing out on the twitch chat experience. :p

Always thought Blake had the most weight upon her out of Team RWBY. She's an outlaw revolutionary turned huntress, who has found herself battling her own former comrades.

Interested to see where that conflict goes in vol 5, seeing as she seems to be on the path of taking back the organization somehow.

Given the team size, if it was 2D it would be puppet-based animation, which is great for Camp Camp, but wouldn't cut it for RWBY.

Top Bottom