• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakurai confirms Smash trailer at E3 direct!

DaBoss

Tripping should be in with a toggle to enable/disable it (disabled by default), with a modifier that can allow you to choose how often tripping occurs. Would be hilarious at 100% that tripping occurs every time you move (or at least run).

Jawmuncher

Option to disable tripping, with a modifier that can allow you to choose how often tripping occurs. Would be hilarious at 100% that tripping occurs every time you move (or at least run).

I'd love that. Especially like you said at 100% tripping would be hilarious

MAtgS

I'm starting to hope that they do something pretty radical with them game. Really change it up and make it fresh again. What I don't know, but I would like something new.
edit: the fact that namco is working on this leads me to think the game will be different from previous entries in some kind of defining way.
All signs point to that occurring in the 3DS version.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
i hope this time Saki Amamiya will be a playable character and not just an assistant
Agreed. Considering his weaponry, there's potential to make him or someone from Star Successor a playable character. Though at the very least, I was very pleased that Saki was an assist trophy last time around.

Village

Considering you have a Wario avatar you seem to have forgotten:

58EheIy.jpg

Wario is in smash twice , he is just that awesome.

Waluigi can be in smash one time. Jimmy T is wario's new lanky friend.

Tripping should be in with a toggle to enable/disable it (disabled by default), with a modifier that can allow you to choose how often tripping occurs. Would be hilarious at 100% that tripping occurs every time you move (or at least run).

It gets better every game, but they should be allowing full costumisation of every single game mechanic. I love messing with some sliders to make the game completely ridiculous.

SkyOdin

i hope this time Saki Amamiya will be a playable character and not just an assistant

I'd rather have an Isa and Kachi tag team. If they do go for Saki, I would hope Irene(sp?) would be there too. She was just as much a main character in Sin & Punishment.

NMFried

I want to see more Ice Climber esque duos. Isa & Katchi with real time switching between ranged/zoner and melee types would be ace.

I would like to second this. I think it would be a great way to introduce more characters without taking up another slot. Shiny and Spiky eared Pichu bros. please.

DMG-01

Waluigi will be in the trailer, as an AT. Only, he won't be labeled as such, leading to meltdowns everywhere when everyone thinks he's become a playable character.

Shokio

Neo Member
Ridley's too big. Yes there are some smaller versions of him, but in those versions themselves he doesn't even look right and not to mention that was with 2D sprites - he might look even weirder being in 3D at that height. And by default, he is known as a big character. Prime 1, 2, 3, Other M, all big, that is how us gamers know Ridley.

Big.

For the love of god, I hope this time sakurai make all characters have alt costumes. Thats the only thing where I think smash fails as a fighter.

Ridley's too big. Yes there are some smaller versions of him, but in those versions themselves he doesn't even look right and not to mention that was with 2D sprites - he might look even weirder being in 3D at that height. And by default, he is known as a big character. Prime 1, 2, 3, Other M, all big, that is how us gamers know Ridley.

Big.

And here we go again...

Kjellson

For the love of god, I hope this time sakurai make all characters have alt costumes. Thats the only thing where I think smash fails as a fighter.
Why would everyone have alt costumes? I can't think of any alt for Kirby or Pikachu. Having alts for characters like Wario and Link I understand, but everyone doesn't need it.

Jackano

you know there hasn't been a lot of talk about online part of the game. I'm really praying that it's good. please nintendo. put effort into the netcode.

There is nothing at all that has been talked about on those games!
And this is where the gamers are actually happy that NamcoBandai handle the game, the online.

I predict.... Bayonetta!

Also with Lost Worlds Nintendo exclusive I'm feeling a bigger Sonic presence, my prediction -Eggman and Tails

And maybe, just maybe Rockman

Violet_0

Banned

Big.

Brawl Bowser size would be totally fine, perhaps even slightly smaller because of his wings

Shulk. He has to be in there. There's no reason for him NOT to be a playable character.

I wonder if Sakurai will take some of the assist trophies from Brawl and make them playable? Like Isaac from Golden Sun or whatnot.

Top Bottom