• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakurai confirms Smash trailer at E3 direct!

King K Rool before anyone, guy deserves to be in the game, it's not like he's Ridley size, he's bowser size and can throw his crown as his side B and long jump King Dee Dee Dee style as his up B

There two moves already made :p

Funky kong gonna make it too B^)

I can honestly see them put Pac-man or, to troll us, Heihachi. Maybe scum like Lloyd too.

Harada 'pulling back' on idea of Tekken characters in new Smash Bros.

Don't think we'll be seeing any Tekken reps. Also comforting to know they're not just putting characters in there for the sake of it, not that I thought they would anyway.

The numbers of reps for Mario, Zelda, Kid Icarus, Star Fox, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and Final Fantasy are ridiculous.

Yeah, Magnus is assist trophy at best. And Medusa is just second banana to glorious, fabulous Hades.

Hey Sakurai, no pressure, we just expect:

tGDfwQa.png

No pressure, man. Just give us -at least- those characters. As a starting point.

No pressure!

lool at the FF7 characters. You might as well add Capcom characters, SE characters, anime characters more and more characters.

Smash is supposed to celebrate Nintendo's characters.

lool at the FF7 characters. You might as well add Capcom characters, SE characters, anime characters more and more characters.

Smash is supposed to celebrate Nintendo's characters.

Did you miss out on Brawl or something? I agree adding Cloud is silly, but there will be at least a few 3rd party reps.

Javier

Newcomer request list:

Dillon
Little Mac
ShulkShulk
Mega Man
Rayman
Bayonetta
W 101 Heroes
Considering how supportive Ubisoft has been of Nintendo lately, and Mario making a guest appearance in Just Dance 3, I say Rayman has a good chance of making it in (although not before Mega Man or a Namco character).

shink

Exactly the reason the 3DS version should not exist.
Depends really. Their loss if it isn't since I won't buy a Wii U for Smash only and nothing else interests me. Probably others would though.

I don't think it will be gimped, I found the Vita version of PSASBR to be the better of the two because it was portable.

NeonZ

I can honestly see them put Pac-man or, to troll us, Heihachi. Maybe scum like Lloyd too.

I want a Digimon tho :(

If they included a Tekken character, I'm pretty sure it'd be Kazuya or Jin. Sakurai always goes with main characters for every single franchise with a playable representative in Smash - Pokemon being the only exception, with Pikachu, the main mascot, appearing two games before the Pokemon Trainer, who's technically the main character. Still, I think adding Tekken characters to the game isn't very likely. IIRC, Harada was surprised when the idea was mentioned to him.

We're likely getting the unrecognizable modern Pacman before any other Namco/Bandai characters...

Yeah, Magnus is assist trophy at best. And Medusa is just second banana to glorious, fabulous Hades.

If they included rushed clones like Melee's, just to boost the line up, I could see Magnus as a potential Ike clone. Although, even in that case, I guess they could just make Chrom an Ike clone, reveal Chrom earlier, and leave Ike as an unlockable character. Either way though, it'd go against Sakurai's statements regarding large line ups, so it isn't very likely, unless Namco's staff manages to change his mind about clones/line ups (just look at TTT2).

Smash has been in development for around 10 minutes and is getting a trailer(which is very cool news).

Retro's game has been in development for 70 years, it better fucking be there.

By the way, if the Wii U wasn't struggling so much, do you guys think Smash would be shown here or would it be held to a later E3 or Direct???

Considering how supportive Ubisoft has been of Nintendo lately, and Mario making a guest appearance in Just Dance 3, I say Rayman has a good chance of making it in (although not before Mega Man or a Namco character).
If Rayman's in, he needs to be animated like in Origins. Fuck art style clash!

I could see any one of those three making it in. My money would be on Medusa or Hades, though.

A lot of people seem to think Paleutana has the better chance, but damnit SSB needs more villains!

McNum

Wave dashing around the room, so much hype.
Does that mean you jump into the air and throw yourself at the ground? That sounds painful...

I'm looking forward to seeing what the new Smash Bros can do. There aren't that many exclusive games that can sell me a console, but I bought a Gamecube for Melee (or rather, I bought Melee and THEN a Gamecube), I got my Wii for the promise of Brawl, and well... I don't have a Wii U, yet, but I could be convinced by the right games.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm really worried about this trailer. I'm gonna be doing on-site development for a client in the US at the time of the Direct, and I'm thinking the tears of joy streaming down my face will worry him.

Also: Klonoa better be in it.

Gartooth

Hey Sakurai, no pressure, we just expect:

tGDfwQa.png

No pressure, man. Just give us -at least- those characters. As a starting point.

No pressure!

I want to believe in this list so much! Always wished they managed to get Banjo-Kazooie into Smash before Rare's buyout.

What's so great about SSB? I played BRAWL and I liked it, but besides of the story mode it can't motivate me for a long time.. Good game, but I can't get hyped for a beat them up.

Galang

Banned

Agree on the first point. Magnus would be such a waste as a character considering how many sword weilders there are already and how many newcomers are likely to use swords.

Medusa would be cool since she's a villain and a female. Both things smash lack. I'd love Hades in the game as well, but I personally don't believe in Sakurai's judgement to pick characters that well.

so why did we get snake and sonic in brawl ?

To be fair, Sakurai has stated that any third party characters would have to have appeared on a Nintendo console at some point... That rules out every FF7 character... Hell, it pretty much nixes every mainline character before N64 and I doubt we'd see a reprise from any characters that old... we'd likely get some CC crap.

(Edit)

I never understood the love affair with Geno... he's one of the worst characters in the game in terms of quality stats, and story. "IMMA ANJEL WITH A PELLET GUN ARM!" If we're going to do Mario RPG characters, I'd prefer something from the M&L or Paper Mario series.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Who owns the rights to RIP bomberman now?

I'd want him in the game since bomberman 64 was amazing.
If I recall, that'd be Konami since they bought the Hudson Soft franchises.

& nooooo to Tekken in SSB. Heihachi was alright in PS All-Stars, but I'd rather see someone else from Namco (like Pac-Man since he's considered the mascot & they put him in the Mario Kart GP games). & Tekken doesn't really have a history with Nintendo, especially considering the series started on the PS1 and then PS2.

trixx

No final fantasy characters please. They can be in the next play station all stars instead. The only non-nintendo character I would like is megaman

Smash has been in development for around 10 minutes and is getting a trailer(which is very cool news).

Retro's game has been in development for 70 years, it better fucking be there.

By the way, if the Wii U wasn't struggling so much, do you guys think Smash would be shown here or would it be held to a later E3 or Direct???

Smash has been in full production since last summer, so nearly a year into development. The game is probably nearing the half-way mark in completion. I don't think it's anything to do with whether or not Wii U is selling well. They announced this Smash two years ago, long before they even knew when they'd be able to start making it. Fans need to know that the game is coming along, and so a trailer would be appropriate at this point.

yoshiunity

Alright! Can't believe it's so soon! (Yoshi Main fo' life, son!)

As for a character I hope makes the cut.

tumblr_m476k0i7551rqwhaoo1_500.jpg

*Not expecting it. But I WANT him in!*

Also, Little Mac.

Village

You mean that one guy from that 1 mario rpg, and not even the best mario rpg? And not even the main character, or Mr. L.

My statement still stands.
If I recall, that'd be Konami since they bought the Hudson Soft franchises.

& nooooo to Tekken in SSB. Heihachi was alright in PS All-Stars, but I'd rather see someone else from Namco (like Pac-Man since he's considered the mascot & they put him in the Mario Kart GP games). & Tekken doesn't really have a history with Nintendo, especially considering the series started on the PS1 and then PS2.

I hope Kazuya gets in despite your logic.

Jawmuncher

so why did we get snake and sonic in brawl ?

While I agree that characters in Smash should have at least appeared on a Nintendo console (so someone like cloud would be odd). I disagree with the whole Nintendo character only view some have. It might have started as that but it can evolve just like everything else. Why not have smash be a celebration about Nintendo and characters on the platform?

MYE

What's so great about SSB? I played BRAWL and I liked it, but besides of the story mode it can't motivate me for a long time.. Good game, but I can't get hyped for a beat them up.

Did you try unlocking all of the stuff in BRAWL? Music, VC demos, trophies etc etc
Game was like a Nintendo museum.

Darryl

Banned
What's so great about SSB? I played BRAWL and I liked it, but besides of the story mode it can't motivate me for a long time..

yea it's like a party game. you need friends to make the experience. however, with the next Smash it should have competent online play. Miiverse is adding communities soon as well, so if that works out as good as it can, we could possibly throw together a GAF smash community and enjoy it that way as well.

Love the Brawl reveal thread.

"Not long now until Kid Icarus Wii!" Hehe.

I blame Matt Cassamina for perpetuating that shit, he was obsessed!

As for a character I hope makes the cut.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m476k0i7551rqwhaoo1_500.jpg[/IMG
*Not expecting it. But I WANT him in!*
[/QUOTE]

I'd love Dillon, but realistically he'll be an Assist. He seems practically built to be a Smash Bros. character though.

Top Bottom