• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakurai confirms Smash trailer at E3 direct!

hwy_61

Banned
Yes.

The Super Smash Bros. Brawl trailer wasn't actually shown off at the press conference, but in a second smaller event the next day. People were completely blindsided by it... and then the last character in the trailer got revealed.

The new Smash is actually getting a better billing than Brawl did at E3.

Thank you!

I teared up when I heard the raw excitement once the codec showed up.

He didn't, but I'm not surprised others have considered the possibility. I guess it all depends on resources. If they'll stretch far enough for two versions of the game, there will be two versions of the game. Smash.Bros will sell millions on both Wii U and 3DS.

I winger whether they will be different games with some similarities, or like Monster Hunter where it's basically the same game on Teri platforms. Wii U HAS to be the stronger version because it needs to shift consoles, but online multiplayer between players on both consoles would be fun.

It depends how bothered they are with graphics. I think frame-rate, a decent online mode, and a decent roster are considerably more important. But who knows. It depends how much better they can make the Wii U version look while the 3DS version is still feasible. If they are going for the "same version" thing.

M-bison-yes-o.gif

Nintendo confirmed to win E3.

C'mon Geno!

Sheroking

FFS get over it. Saying I'm trolling is silly. If I really wanted to troll I'd tell you what I really think of Smash Bros in detail. I didn't even think 'meh' was going to draw any attention.

Saying what you think of Smash Brothers in detail would be quantitative and conversational. You would have added something to the discussion or created a new one.

What you did was enter a thread for a game you didn't care for, to post four letters, for the sole purpose of annoying people who were excited.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I think the closest 3rd party we have is Bayonetta.

FFS get over it. Saying I'm trolling is silly. If I really wanted to troll I'd tell you what I really think of Smash Bros in detail. I didn't even think 'meh' was going to draw any attention.

Actually going by detail isn't trolling at all and is welcomed. What you did however is essentially a drive-by post.

A substantial post is much better than a one-off post in an attempt to rile up people... and I tip my hat since you succeed in that.

Rehynn

So giving reasons why one likes or doesn't like a game is trolling but dropping a condescending remark is a valuable contribution to a thread. Got it.

EDIT: Oh wait, apparently you like PS All-Stars quite a bit but SSB is "meh"?

EDIT 2: This guy has a point though.

Is it really necessary to call people out via their post history in this thread? By all means, take it to PM... this is a Smash hype thread, not a witch hunt.

Jawmuncher

Its going to kill me to have to wait and see if Snake is staying in. Hopefully he's in the trailer or sakurai just tells me he's out.
Don't make me wait until the end of brawl dojo to find out.

Anyone know if he's commented on that?

shink

I hope the WiiU and 3DS versions are the same so I can just buy a 3DS only. I'm not buying a Wii U for one game.

Neiteio

Hey Sakurai, no pressure, we just expect:

tGDfwQa.png

No pressure, man. Just give us -at least- those characters. As a starting point.

No pressure!

MYE

Actually going by detail isn't trolling at all and is welcomed. What you did however is essentially a drive-by post.

A substantial post is much better than a one-off post in an attempt to rile up people... and I tip my hat since you succeed in that.

Yeah thats all he does in nintendo threads.
MOVING ON...

Newcomer request list:

Dillon
Little Mac
ShulkShulk
Mega Man
Rayman
Bayonetta
W 101 Heroes

I like this list but...playable Palutena this time please.

I hope the WiiU and 3DS versions are the same so I can just buy a 3DS only. I'm not buying a Wii U for one game.
Eh, I'd prefer unique versions for both. Kinda like with other Nintendo IPs. The 3DS game would just be inferior then, and I think I prefer Smash on a console tbh. The local multiplayer aspect is crucial for me.

Assuming that Namdai gets to put in a character or two, I'd say Kite has a pretty good chance (they are still releasing .hack// stuff in Japan). But you're right, it'll likely go to some shitty Symphonia character since Kite hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console.

Neiteio

In all seriousness, I'll be over the moon if any of the following are confirmed playable:

- Palutena
- Little Mac
- Ridley
- Bayonetta

NeonZ

Hope Marth gets replaced with "Marth"

If Marth were going to be replaced, Ike would have done it last game and wouldn't have needed to be modified into a slow/power character to differentiate himself. I guess Fire Emblem's... emblem... in the next game might be pretty telling though.

If they modify Marth's Falchion into the Awakening era Falchion it might suggest they'll drop him. Although it could also just mean that he'll use the Awakening DLC design, alongside Awakening's Falchion... If Marth's Falchion is still there though, he isn't going anywhere.

tGDfwQa.png

No pressure, man. Just give us -at least- those characters. As a starting point.

No pressure!

8 fire emblem characters? No thanks... 2 is fine. Chrom will likely be in to replace Ike and Marth will likely hang around because Marth.

Assuming that Namdai gets to put in a character or two, I'd say Kite has a pretty good chance (they are still releasing .hack// stuff in Japan). But you're right, it'll likely go to some shitty Symphonia character since Kite hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console.

I don't think they'll have any pull or say. And if they do, Pacman, not some guy from a relatively obscure JRPG. Hell, if they were worried a western audience wouldn't respond to Roy and Marth...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

I can honestly see them put Pac-man or, to troll us, Heihachi. Maybe scum like Lloyd too.

I want a Digimon tho :(

tGDfwQa.png

No pressure!

Dream big, man. Dream big.

I'd just be happy with adding Mega Man (get equipped with not going to happen just to spite me) and Snake coming back. The Brawl roster was already enormous.

Top Bottom