• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sarah Palin calls out Trump: Trump's Carrier deal is 'crony capitalism'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paz

America elected someone worse than Sarah Palin, what is happening in this world.

Democracy was a mistake.

For some reason I've been reading a lot about Teddy Roosevelt lately, and I'm starting to wonder if Trump is the same kind of character.

RPGCrazied

Seeing his own turn on him is really delicious. That said I'm sure she got turned down for a spot in his cabinet. So, there's that.

Take note from Socrates and his fear of democracy. Anazing that a man nearly 2500 years ago could see this coming...

Well to be fair, the levels of ignorance and stupidity in those times must have been a trillion fold higher.

Then again, having the ability to know everything that ever happened in history, being able to find answers to almost ever question you'd ever have, and the ability to check every fact in the world, simply by taking your phone out of your pocket didn't stop Donald Trump being president so......

zelas

What Pence did for Trump in this carrier deal is 100% what republicans and democrats were crying about with regards to Hillary. On top of all of his other conflict of interest hypocrisies since winning.

And at first I thought it was just a $700k payment to have Carrier TEMPORARILY stay in the US. It was $7 million actually. That isnt money they had sitting around, its going to be cut from somewhere.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/01/indiana-reportedly-gave-utx-7-million-in-tax-breaks-to-keep-carrier-jobs-in-state.html

Trump is now promoting the idea of the federal government picking winners (his friends) and paying them millions. To keep SOME jobs TEMPORARILY.

Poor old Joe Factory Worker earned this handout fair and square with all the bootstraps he saved up. Fuck civil rights and those government moochers in the big cities.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I...uh

Could this Carrier thing blow up in his face?

I doubt his base would care normally but people like Sarah Palin, Joe Walsh, if enough conservative influencers are pissed about it could people turn on him?

Zamorro

Maybe Trump is creating his own opposition by feeding criticism to a few useful idiots, like Putin does with people in the Duma, like Vladimir Zhirinovsky.

That way you create a false political dialogue between people under your control, which seems pretty clever.

Trustbuster and personally courageous war hero Teddy Roosevelt? I don't see the comparison.

There are some similarities beyond those aspects, though.

Teddy Roosevelt was loud and disruptive, like Trump.
Roosevelt projected national pride by overseeing the building of large projects (panama canal), like Trump.

Teddy Roosevelt has much stronger moral character than Trump, but there are a few similarities. When watching the Roosevelt Ken Burns documentary, I couldn't help but see it.

spwolf

God damn I agree with Sarah palin. The world is doomed

sure, if you agree with Sarah Palin then you agree with republican economic policies.

Trump is doing what Obama did - use government money to help big business. And it is hilarious to see pro-obama supporters being against it.

Most of economic theories he presented pre-election were against republican principles. Such as banishing trade agreements or high taxes on imported goods or many similar things. Republicans are against state intervention and pro big business.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
sure, if you agree with Sarah Palin then you agree with republican economic policies.

Trump is doing what Obama did - use government money to help big business. And it is hilarious to see pro-obama supporters being against it.

Most of economic theories he presented pre-election were against republican principles. Such as banishing trade agreements or high taxes on imported goods or many similar things. Republicans are against state intervention and pro big business.

And what did trumpb do that obama did?
What did obama do that's similar to this?

Trump voters: I regret my vote

Me for the next 4 years:

GGGiIVZ.gif

Obama helped a national business sector, so that It went from losing jobs to creating them again.

Trump just made a deal with one company. That will probably still end up in Mexico in the long run. Its already in Mexico.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
When fucking Sarah Palin calls you out'

Two things:

1. Sarah Palin is right. Dear lord.....
2. You voted for that orange bastard. You should just own up to it, you gaggle of morons.

Bu-bu-bu not all americans!

That said I really feel for all of you minority groups whose lives are about to get shittier than usual, not that feeling ever helped anyone

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Well at least I dont agree with you so I know I'm sane.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Trump ran as himself, not as a subbed-up republican loyalist. His supporters don't care about a lot of typical conservative hobby horses as much as other things. Conservatives might not like stuff like this, but people in deep with Trump will love him precisely because of things like the Carrier deal... even if in reality they are just pr optics at the expense of the tax payer.

As I understood it, Coulter is whining about Trump backpedalling on deporting 11 million people.
So yeah, she is just a horrible human being.

kess

For some reason I've been reading a lot about Teddy Roosevelt lately, and I'm starting to wonder if Trump is the same kind of character.

Pwrhaps there are some superficial character aspects, but Roosevelt could back up most of his positions with moral conviction and immense knowledge. Trump wasn't assembling an orinthological collection or anything of the like in his pre-teens.

Zackat

Time for a drink. Feeling the same way as Sarah Palin on anything calls for it. 10:30 am be damned.

And Ann Coulter is a sleazeball. Idc what she says ever.

Seeing his own turn on him is really delicious. That said I'm sure she got turned down for a spot in his cabinet. So, there's that.

I'm sure that's what the attack tweet from Trump will state. Probably include a nickname for Palin (silly Sarah?) and include the word "sad."

Ah, like what a lot of people expected when it was announced it was a deal: more companies would come out of the wood work asking for deals and concessions from the government. Bold move setting precedent with Carrier to only save 1000 jobs when instead you could have used whatever finances are being given up in the deal to put those who lost jobs to work on infrastructure projects, green energy projects or through retraining for other industries that might have a worker gap.

Spasm

What is even happening? Has 2016 just decided to invert itself
The conservative establishment are laying the groundwork for impeachment.

They'd much rather have a true republican in the big chair. It just so happens, the next in line is as red as they come. They can't just yank the rug right out from under him, though. The alt-right would riot. So they're slowly poisoning the well, making him as unpalatable as possible to their own base, in order to ease into the inevitable republican-lead impeachment proceedings without exposing their naked ambition. Dems and libs will eat it up, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom