• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live: Season 41 |OT| Starring the Real Ghostbusters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
AGd7olv.jpg

"Saturday Night Live," NBC's Emmy Award-winning late-night comedy showcase, enters its 41st season in October for another year of laughs, surprises and great performances.

Since its inception in 1975, "SNL" has launched the careers of many of the brightest comedy performers of their generation. As The New York Times noted on the occasion of the show's Emmy-winning 25th Anniversary special in 1999, "in defiance of both time and show business convention, 'SNL' is still the most pervasive influence on the art of comedy in contemporary culture." At the close of the century, "Saturday Night Live" placed seventh on Entertainment Weekly's list of the Top 100 Entertainers of the past 50 years.

UPCOMING EPISODES:

November 21st: Matthew McConaughey featuring Adele
December 5th: Ryan Gosling featuring Leon Bridges
December 12th: Chris Hemsworth featuring Chance the Rapper
December 19th: Tina Fey & Amy Poehler featuring Bruce Springsteen

MAIN CAST:
Vanessa Bayer
Aidy Bryant
Taran Killam
Kate McKinnon
Kyle Mooney
Bobby Moynihan
Jay Pharoah
Cecily Strong
Kenan Thompson

FEATURED CAST:
Michael Che (Weekend Update)
Colin Jost (Weekend Update)
Beck Bennett
Pete Davidson
Leslie Jones
Sasheer Zamata
Jon Rudnitsky (Newcomer)

What's New This Season?
Almost nothing. Everyone from last season is back, Darrel Hammond is still SNL's announcer now, Colin Jost is still head writer, & Weekend Update will still have the same co-hosts. They added a new featured player though, Jon Rudnitsky. Other than that, not much rocking the boat this season.

Will tune in for Tracy Morgan for sure (I bet we get some 30 Rock cameos too) and skim through the others for some trump stuff

Hazmat

I'll tune in for Tracy. It will be my first time watching SNL since I was in high school (and that was quite a while ago).

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I coulda sworn I read Kenan was planning on leaving after last season. I must've misremembered what was reported, but either way, good to see him still on.

Excited but still a little nervous for Tracy's re-debut. Wishing all the best.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
That cold open wasn't funny. Good harbinger for the season.

Nobody on the show is funny, so I shouldn't be surprised.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Also, Che and Jost should be fired and Norm McDonald should be on the Weekend Uodate desk.

This song isn't funny. This show hasn't been funny since Will Ferrell left.
Cheer up, Charlie.
What else am I going to do on the internet but complain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom