• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim is comin back as an anime series voiced by the cast of the 2010 film

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Chris Evans, Michael Cera, Anna Kendrick, Brie Larson, Aubrey Plaza & Brandon Routh are all coming back!

FseDE2YWYAArVUD

It comes from executive producers Edgar Wright, Bryan Lee O’Malley, and BenDavid Grabinski and is animated by Science Saru.

I loved that movie!

Pejo

Normally I see Netflix Original + an IP I like and I start whinging, but at least Edgerunners was good, so maybe there's a chance.

Lasha

This could work. The cast of the 2010 film was great. The film was fun but rushed to fit into the format. An anime with the same performances will be spectacular.

Doom85

Normally I see Netflix Original + an IP I like and I start whinging, but at least Edgerunners was good, so maybe there's a chance.

There‘s a ton of animated series exclusive to Netflix that are great/excellent (Arcane, Castlevania, Bojack Horseman, a ton of anime series) so hearing Netflix + animation should cause the opposite of whining.

This is the one specifically that soured me on their animation. Season 1 was great, then Season 2 happened and...yea..........
You're thinking of season 3. Season 1 was good but short, Season 2 was great, Season 3 was rocky in quality and Season 4 went back to being great.

Can't wait to see it.

Scott Pilgrim was probably my favorite movie-going experience/memory, because my girlfriend and I smoked some good weed beforehand, and ended up being the only ones in the theater (it totally bombed, in case you didn't remember). The moment the camera started to pan out in the intro, and when we noticed how the framing of the two seated characters were the same as us, we just knew it was going to be something special.

Always check who is making it. Anyone can make anything under the Netflix banner, it doesn't have much meaning besides a lot of cash is going into it (hint, it's usually better when the thing is being bankrolled for someone else, rather than initiated by Netflix themselves).

For the record, the anime studio Science Saru is the home of Masaaki Yuasa, one of the most creative and talented animators of all time.

He might not direct this one, but his studio has done some pretty cool stuff (besides Devilman Crybaby):

So you can be sure at least visually, it's not gonna be your run of the mill anime.

Last edited:

Scotty W

Always thought this film sounded stupid. Hope it gets cancelled before it gets a chance to suck even more.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Never liked this movie, even though I was precisely at the right age to be the target audience when it came out. I found it a bit cringeworthy with the video game references and horrible sounding garage indie rock music that sounds like it's played by people who try to mask their lack of talent with a wall of noise created by cranking gain on their amps.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
One of the best movies of the past two decades. And that's without shipping on Mew. It was heaps of un.

Top Bottom