• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGS

Banned
I've been watching this on HBO and although still not overly impressed, it is much better tha I gave it credit for.

undrtakr900

Okay I just finished reading all 6 volumes of the graphic novel, and wow that was great. Second best comic I ever read, the first being Calvin and Hobbes....even though those are the only 2 comics I ever bought lol.

Anyways, I loved the movie but the book was much better since you get extra background on the characters along with extra scenes/sections not featured in the movie(like Kim/Scott's High School romance). Lastly Bryan Lee O'Malley art-style is top-notch with Laugh-Out-Loud facial animations/writing along with his excellent use of screentones to convey emotions.

Going to watch the movie again to see how it compares..

EDIT: Hey has anyone read his other graphic novel: Lost at Sea, is it any good?

VLTTP, but I recently saw this. I enjoyed it quite a bit, probably enough to where I'd say I "should have" seen it in theaters. I guess the best thing I can say is that the film was "engaging", and I didn't think it would be. I thought it would be something that I would just sort of half pay attention to, but I was glued the entire way through. It was also genuinely funny.

The most mesmerizing part to me was actually the Brie Larson/Metric cover song. She looked gorgeous on stage and after the performance as well...it's rare that I really "appreciate" someones beauty on screen like that...but wow was she something. Not sure what it is, I've seen her on US of Tara and usually just find her "okay".

Became sillier towards the end, almost felt kind of rushed. I had a hard time with the "I literally have a computer chip in my neck" thing. I understand the entire movie had a silly tone, but for some reason, that stuck out as *too* weird to me. I wasn't really sure what function the plot point served. Wasn't a big deal, but it's probably the moment that best encompasses the issues I had with how it wrapped up.

Would watch again.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
RobotNinjaHornets said:
Fuck you guys

Kim Pine, bitches

<3
2mgvc76.png

Gin

watched the movie recently on tmn.

it was awesome! i loved seeing the toronto locations.

i will probably end up buying the blu ray.

Chavelo

Is somebody saying shit about Kim Pine?

IS SOME MOTHERFUCKER HERE SAYING THAT KIM PINE IS NOT THE BEST GIRL IN THE COMICS/MOVIE?

/cracks knuckle

IF YOU ARE: THEN STEP OUTSIDE, AND GET READY TO GET YOUR ASS BEATEN. D:

Loved the movie but did they purposefully make Mary Elizabeth Winstead ugly looking? maybe she was miscast or maybe it was that fugly hair and clothes

big ander

alex chilton said:
Loved the movie but did they purposefully make Mary Elizabeth Winstead ugly looking? maybe she was miscast or maybe it was that fugly hair and clothes
I've always thought it was the clothes.

alex chilton said:
What. She doesn't look ugly in the movie, at all.

I got my parents to watch it.

I'm not sure they appreciated it fully.

iirate said:
I've always found the loyalty to certain Pilgrim girls to be a little creepy, personally.

GO TEAM KIM!!!
brofist.jpg

Green Scar said:
Nope, you must pick a favourite girl. You've entered the thread, them's the rules.
The only correct answer is Kim, by the way

Nix

Banned
Saw this recently and, having read the comics, I have to say that I didn't really like Michael Cera for Scott. It seemed like he was to reserved, or just... not completely in tune with the character.

I was hoping to see more of his hot sister though (especially at the incest moment at the park). Man, that vegan fight was bull though.

Just saw this on HBO recently too, this movie was great, I enjoyed the visuals, and the running hat joke was hilarious.

And since people are picking girls Knives was the most entertaining, Ramona was hotter.

If I were forced to pick a movie in which I had to fuck every principal character, it would be this one.

I'd probably only have to grin and bear it for Cera.

Kapura

Banned
Joe Shlabotnik said:
If I were forced to pick a movie in which I had to fuck every principal character, it would be this one.

He probably has some sharp knees.

Also, I think it's a bit weird that y'all're rating for the comic. I dunno, but there seems to be something obscene with saying which comic book character (not even realistically drawn ones) you'd fuck.

big ander

Joe Shlabotnik said:

Important: would it be like the series where you need to "face" the Katayanagi twins at the same time?

Kapura said:
He probably has some sharp knees.

Also, I think it's a bit weird that y'all're rating for the comic. I dunno, but there seems to be something obscene with saying which comic book character (not even realistically drawn ones) you'd fuck.
If I said I wanna do Anna Kendrick or Mary Elizabeth Winstead, would that make it better?

Kapura

Banned
Green Scar said:
Good, because I totally wanna do Anna Kendrick and Mary Elizabeth Winstead

and Brie Larson of course
Don't forget about allison pill! All of the chicks in the film were great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom