• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Season's Beatings: Velocity | Fighting game tournament | October 14-16

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Hazaro said:
gf5v2.gif

Viscant:
Uses top tier rushdown, get off me assist, and Phoenix.

Crowd: Booo! You're a fraud!

Flocker:

Crowd: OMG such a good player!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the difference between a good Phoenix player, and a cheap Phoenix player.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
The first time I saw Flocker play, during the first 5 on 5, I knew he was the best Marvel player in the country. His play stayed the same every match after that first one I saw too.

I can appreciate since Zero does most of the work. And Flocker can actually play everyone on his team.

Maybe people will recognize that he's almost as dumb as the rest of the top :p

Neki

Karsticles said:
Viscant:

Flocker:

well viscant is a fraud and flocker is not. that's what I've learned today.

Htown

Karsticles said:
Viscant:

Flocker:

If you couldn't tell the difference between the skill level those players had with those characters, you need to see an optometrist immediately.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
Viscant:

Flocker:

C'mon I'm team Viscant, but I respect the "new" guy's rise to the top so quick and his extraordinary Zero/Tron play.

Azure J

Duxxy3 said:
Is it fair to say that flocker relies less on DP?

More than, he plays Phoenix as a character and makes that bitch work for her transforms. Still wish if Phoenix on your team didn't instantly equal complete disdain from everyone else, but I approve.

Karsticles said:
Viscant:

Flocker:

the difference is flocker don't need no DP!

Acerac

Banned
Karsticles said:
Viscant:

Flocker:

Flocker actually plays his characters as a team. Viscant just does anything he can to set up DP. The difference was evident if you compared their Trons. Hell, Flocker actually used normal Phoenix, Viscant just killed her off asap to bring out DP.

Ultimoo said:
well viscant is a fraud and flocker is not. that's what I've learned today.
viscant made it to grand finals, yet he's a fraud? we all know he doesn't have the best execution, but he's got tech for days

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oldschoolgamer said:
I'm surprised he didn't switch to Iron Man.
He should've switched back to Haggar. I don't know what the commentators were on about, in no way was Tron helping him get in, Haggar was 8x more effective.

Master Milk said:
viscant made it to grand finals, yet he's a fraud? we all know he doesn't have the best execution, but he's got tech for days
Actually, he has some of the best execution in Mahvel period, just not Flocker's level clearly.

Capcom really needs to take a good look at Phoenix. I think she could actually kill this game over time for casuals haha.

The reaction is insane.

Neki

Master Milk said:
he couldn't beat some random phoenix player with his phoenix, therefore, he is bad. evo champ loses to phoenix? bitter irony right there

Htown

Also Viscant wasn't good with his "get off me assist" when he actually had that character on point. Flocker was.

Viscant's Phoenx didn't actually do anything until she went dark. Flocker's did.

Pay attention.

Wallach

Master Milk said:

Exactly. All players that did not win their respective tournaments are frauds until the next tournament. That's how it works.

Karsticles said:
Viscant:

Flocker:

It isn't the characters, but how they're used I guess. Flocker actually uses Phoenix as a character rather than a last ditch resort to random out a win.

Edgeward

Master Milk said:

Don't you know? If you don't win tournaments you are nothing and free.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Are we back on Viscant only relying on DP?

His Wesker and Haggar >>>>>>>>>>>*

Problem is...Zero + Tron > Wesker. He got outplayed today by Flocker. I mean, he made it to GF, again.

Road

dankir said:
Yes but he's been winning without DP for the most part. See he just won there as a regular phoenix :)
Viscant has killed with regular Phoenix before. Depends on the circumstances. Flocker, though, seems to be a better Phoenix player than Viscant, indeed. But I think that's evened out by the lame play of Zero by Flocker, while Viscant is very offensive with Wesker. Overall, they're both very solid players.

Anyway, congrats to Flocker and Tron, the real star of the night.

Frantic

Karsticles said:
Viscant:

Flocker:

Haha, this. I like both Flocker and Viscant's play, to be honest. It's not like Viscant hasn't OCV'd with Wesker, or won with regular Phoenix before. People just gotta hate on Phoenix players.

And really, Zero is a better character than Wesker. People just don't know it.

Top Bottom