• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I might be getting a job near the Amazon Campus in Seattle.

How far away would I have to live for a studio to be in the ~1200 dollar range? Is this doable in the city?

leroidys

How far away would I have to live for a studio to be in the ~1200 dollar range? Is this doable in the city?

Yeah, there's sub-1k micro apartments if you're fine with a studio. If you want something more like a 1BR it's going to be harder though.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

We have a 1-bedroom in Capitol Hill, a 10 to 15 minute walk to both of the campuses, for $1250. Granted, this isn't typical for the immediate city, but that price range certainly isn't impossible to find... Just avoid the huge new apartment buildings and condos that have gone up over the last few years for ridiculous monthly rents and stick more to the vintage(ish) places.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Had to use my supplementary healthcare account credit card thing to scrape my windows because the trunk won't unlock on my car while the engine is running.

THANKS OBAMA

uXwoJRL.jpg

Alki Beach, West Seattle, 8am.

jb1234

To no one's surprise, they're already lowering tomorrow's threat of snow from 1-6 inches to 1-3. I'm still suspicious that we'll get any at all.

To no one's surprise, they're already lowering tomorrow's threat of snow from 1-6 inches to 1-3. I'm still suspicious that we'll get any at all.

Buddy and I are gonna be downtown at Pike Brewing starting around 4pm tomorrow until who knows when. He won a contest so we get a free tour of the facility and dinner and drinks with the owner and brewers. We're both dreading a snowy drunken ride home on public transportation later that night.

watershed

Banned
It's Seattle. We're gonna get nothing. Most importantly, nothing will stick. I told my coworkers "I'll see ya Friday" because there's no point pretending otherwise.

LMAO. It's hilarious watching this city go crazy over the potential of a couple inches.
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

As hillarious as it is to this born and raised Seattle native every time the news freaks out over nothing, to be fair we don't have the snow plow armada that Chicago does and we also have a shit ton of hills that Chicago doesn't.

dLMN8R

I'm from Michigan and I freak out about snow here because of everyone else's reaction to it.

Also the lack of city services to quickly handle it doesn't really help!

You guys are going to feel pretty silly when it snows non stop for the next 2 months and we still have unmelted snow on the side of the streets in July like Boston a year or two back

Hastati

Having a drink in Fierabend and it's great but too damn cold! Mostly cuz I forgot my jacket today, ugh. If you haven't been here, great German beers and food nestled inside the maeelstrom of Amazon construction sites.

cdyhybrid

Having a drink in Fierabend and it's great but too damn cold! Mostly cuz I forgot my jacket today, ugh. If you haven't been here, great German beers and food nestled inside the maeelstrom of Amazon construction sites.
Ate there a few times when I still worked in SLU.

Good spot.

I'm getting messages from out of state folks asking how the snow is.

It's gonna get bad considering nothing has happened at all so far.

Top Bottom