• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Destiny Beta Thread of 'SMiLE! The Beta's back up! Welcome Everyone!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

HORRORSHØW

any chance of the Iron Banner being available for xbox and playstation players next week? i don't have much time today to try and get everything.

okay seriously

where are the hive majors and ultras?

Yeah, I ended up dropping that bounty.

Get to the Skywatch area and do the "Defend The Warsat" public event...near the end enemies spawn that count for this bounty

Also in Skywatch wait for the Fallen vs Hive battle...same thing as above..high level enemies that count to this spawn

or do the Level 5 Story mission and the end boss counts (I think)

ElRenoRaven

Grimløck;121857514 said:
any chance of the Iron Banner being available for xbox and playstation players next week? i don't have much time today to try and get everything.

I would bet it will. I know I can't wait to get into the Xbone beta. I really wanna know how it plays on Xbone.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Get to the Skywatch area and do the "Defend The Warsat" public event...near the end enemies spawn that count for this bounty

Also in Skywatch wait for the Fallen vs Hive battle...same thing as above..high level enemies that count to this spawn

or do the Level 5 Story mission and the end boss counts (I think)
thanks

i'm up to 4 and that's after roving earth for 2 days now. i think i'll just chalk it up as a loss at this point as how I've only got 3 of them and waiting for events is kinda pointless.

Hoooly shit. First I was like, get outta here MG, I got a rocket launcher. Then I gave the MG a shot.

The thing is a ridicilous beast in pvp.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Hoooly shit. First I was like, get outta here MG, I got a rocket launcher. Then I gave the MG a shot.

The thing is a ridicilous beast in pvp.

You can drop a lot more bodies with the MG than you can with the rocket launcher as long as you do controlled bursts.

Altima

Thew games I played with DGAF the interceptor was a null issue.

-Snipe the rider off it. Its slow.
-Suicide super.

Most of that map you can basically tread on the interior as well. So you're not too likely to get hit by vehicle fire. The really intense fights on that map basically turned into close quarters fights inside the lunar facility running through the various checkpoints, with a running vehicle/sniper battle outside.

I agree with you. It is not that OP. People have to go inside the base, build up their power and unleash superb on that intercepter.

But I want hijacking anyway.

X-Frame

He misses a lot of chest locations in that area. In an hour and a half yesterday, I managed to get around 8000 glimmer, and a bunch of common drops(which can be dismantled into more glimmer also).

Wow, 8000 that is a lot. I may be missing some as well then.

gatti-man

I doubt bungie will do it but I really hope they let us keep progress to retail. I just dont feel like doing the tutorial stage for three times just to get to the meat of the game.

How many different guns is this game expected to have?

I'm not sure. There's a lot of different variants of just the auto rifle alone, and two auto rifles with the same name can have different upgrades. for example, my buddy and I each have the same auto rifle except mine gives increased stability whereas his gives increased reload after a melee hit.

Hey guys quick question. When the retail version hits will I be able to play my same toons between the different current gen consoles?

I have a ps4 in one room and the xbox one in another. If I could jump between consoles that would be amazing.

KevinG

Hey guys quick question. When the retail version hits will I be able to play my same toons between the different current gen consoles?

I have a ps4 in one room and the xbox one in another. If I could jump between consoles that would be amazing.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---07182014/en/News/News?aid=11938

This kind of addresses the question. I'd love to pick up the Xbox One version down the line to play with those friends.

Edit: Can't jump from Xbox to Playstation or vice versa.

Let me rephrase the glimmer thing. It's already a shared pool between characters. Would hate for you to think that you can put glimmer in there to share.

Yeah I realized that when I had 3000 glimmer for my new warlock. I just wanted to share my guns between characters I need to level him fast for the iron banner :)

Really? So what do you keep? Just the things you win post match or do you at least keep the things from doing the bounties?

There is some event coming this Saturday the 26th that they have said playing during that time will give you something that will carry over into the full game. I think they said it starts at 2 pm PDT No other details besides that really.

Halo 2

Banned
It just hit me that this game is less than two months away. :O
Hype reaching unheard levels....hnnnngg

Has Bungie responded to any of the issues in the beta yet?
I'm curious what I should expect to change between now and September.

There is some event coming this Saturday the 26th that they have said playing during that time will give you something that will carry over into the full game. I think they said it starts at 2 pm PDT No other details besides that really.

So even the cloak goes back for now and the legendary weapons etc.

OG Loc

Just started playing the beta and I see myself wasting a lot of time in this. Guess its time for me to preorder.

Fracas

#fuckonami
About that Intercepter...

Bs_z4umCUAARIuI.jpg:large

Bungie, this is almost Scorpion on Hemorrhage levels of bad.
Take it easy on them man. Good lord.
Oh Dax, so hostile.

Anyway, it can be fun when donging on terrible players. Competitively it's still a complete mess, but the game hasn't really matched me up with decent opponents yet so it hasn't been a huge problem. It's definitely not something that that'll keep me hooked for very long like Halo did, but in between PvE missions it can be pretty entertaining.
Yup. The skill matching is pretty poor, I've had a handful of crappy games but most of them are just dongfests. Slide+Shotgun+melee until heavy ammo spawns or your super comes up then go to town.

Slime

Banned
where did you get that rifle?

I really want a good auto rifle but I don't even have any uncommon auto rifle at the moment.

Would like to know this too. I spent all of last night looking for a decent auto-rifle, but no such luck.

Also, does anyone know if all the gold chests can be found in explore mode? I found 4/5 that way, but I'm wondering if one of them is only available in a mission or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom