• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Destiny Beta Thread of 'SMiLE! The Beta's back up! Welcome Everyone!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

Banned
*Sigh* I've gotten about 4 green pulse rifles, 3 green scout rifles, 1 green hand cannon 10 or so green fusion rifles, 3 or so shotguns all types of heavies, but I can't get a single fucking auto-rifle when that's what I want the most. I really wish they had a trade option. I got a buddy that wants some fusion rifles and scout rifles and also has a couple of auto-rifles to spare. But nope, gotta roll the dice repeatedly...

DNAbro

I'm not really sure I understand how much my gear/level matters in PvP. I'm not too much into the PvE aspect, at least not yet since I've got no one to play with, so will I be at a disadvantage if I play solely PvP?

level doesn't matter except during the iron banner event. But you still should try and find weapons you like in the PvE.

I've got almost every item green.

Minus warlock bond and my trusty auto rifle.

Why won't the game drop me a freaking green auto rifle?

MrDaravon

*Sigh* I've gotten about 4 green pulse rifles, 3 green scout rifles, 1 green hand cannon 10 or so green fusion rifles, 3 or so shotguns all types of heavies, but I can't get a single fucking auto-rifle when that's what I want the most. I really wish they had a trade option. I got a buddy that wants some fusion rifles and scout rifles and also has a couple of auto-rifles to spare. But nope, gotta roll the dice repeatedly...

Same here, got pretty good greens in every slot/weapon-type except for an AR, and that's all I'm trying to get so I can hopefully not get donged on so badly in PvP. I've got a white AR but the recoil/jump on it is completely bonkers and it's basically unusable.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm sure there probably isn't, but any chance of the level cap getting a raise? I keep finding level 9 gear.

Oh shit... I don't think so! just some big bastards with swords and green eyes. They were "Lv??"

So there's a guy who shoots lasers now? aha awesome.

Nope, just random drops.

The ogre is in a small cave that's inside a huge underground cavern with ?? Wizards and thralls.

Ridley327

I'm not really sure I understand how much my gear/level matters in PvP. I'm not too much into the PvE aspect, at least not yet since I've got no one to play with, so will I be at a disadvantage if I play solely PvP?

The normal Crucible mode normalizes all equipment, so that everyone is on an even playing field. Iron Banner is a specific Crucible mode where all of your equipment works just like it does in the normal game modes, so you would be hopelessly overwhelmed if you came in with low level stuff.

It's standard practice, really. I'm shocked if they didn't wipe everything. It's all gear and stats from an old build that might not translate correctly to the final game.

Wipe it clean, please.

Eh. It's not that much honestly. I would start over anyway to see if they made changes.

My only point is that they have not said anything concrete. A lot of people are making assumptions that it will be. I know anything I find that is worthwhile is going in the vault just in case.

This is a BIG "Beta". Its definitley easy for anybody to get in if they want. I personally think they should allow the first item in your vault to remain there for when you really start or something.

LawfulEnder

Neo Member
Man hopefully this Beta Emblem or whatever is given to everyone who played Beta and not just people that do the event later in the week. I'm going out of town later this week and won't be able to play, but I'd hate to miss out on something.

Attack and defense ratings are normalized, but the skills attached to them (faster reload with x gun, for example) carry over to normal Crucible.

Strider

Buy one like I did. Of course as soon as I bought one that's the only drops I started getting... but at least I had one lol

ohNOitsRO

Man hopefully this Beta Emblem or whatever is given to everyone who played Beta and not just people that do the event later in the week. I'm going out of town later this week and won't be able to play, but I'd hate to miss out on something.

Pretty sure you HAVE to log in the 26th to get it or you won't :/

Am I supposed to not be able to create a clan tag? Because we HAVE 85 clanmates...

2659862-destinybetaclan.jpg

They've been very explicite in saying that it's on the 26th and not sooner then that.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
The MP in this game is really fucking awesome. Takes a little while to adjust to, but once it clicks....so addictive. Bungie has another hit on their hands for PvP.

Maligna

Banned

Vita remote play from whatever location you're going to be at!

are there any plans to have a default multiplayer where everybody has the same weapons? i was really looking forward to some Bungie MP but not like this.

BokehKing

Banned
Going to attempt to he strike on a more difficult level

Just completed it, not bad, didn't get a new good weapon but whatever

ElRenoRaven

cripterion

Where EU gaffers at? Haven't run into anyone so far. My Titan max put and with all sweet ass weapons and loot I need. Thinking of restarting a char and do a coop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom