• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Destiny Beta Thread of 'SMiLE! The Beta's back up! Welcome Everyone!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

I like the world of this game, but "The Darkness" is such an uninspiring villain name

I dunno. It's the villain that counts. I have no doubt that we'll find out more about this "Darkness" as the franchise goes on. Bungie is very good about slowly building out their characters, enemies, etc. In fact I kind of like how it's vague right now. What exactly is the Darkness? Why is it hunting the traveler? Why are these other races helping it? I can't wait to find this stuff out over the next 10 years or so. I really can't.

are there any plans to have a default multiplayer where everybody has the same weapons? i was really looking forward to some Bungie MP but not like this.

Basically an Arena mode is what you're asking for right? I'd be all over that as well, but I somehow doubt we'll be getting it. I'd really appreciate it if they did include it though and it'd add a bit of variety to the PvP.

Like right now we have a mode where levels and equips don't matter but we all keep our present loadouts, then there's the same version except levels and equips do matter. Oh, and equip drops for both are wonky and broken as shit. How the FUCK do I place first in Iron Banner with 29 kills and 6700 points with a 2.8K/D and get nothing but the person in last place with only 1 cap and 2 kills and a K/D below 0.4 gets a fucking level 20 drop.

thenexus6

Is it just me or is there anyone else not bothered with the beta? I loved the alpha and played that quite a bit but I have no urge to play the beta really.. spent maybe just an hour or two thats it.

ohNOitsRO

Is it just me or is there anyone else not bothered with the beta? I loved the alpha and played that quite a bit but I have no urge to play the beta really.. spent maybe just an hour or two thats it.

Complete opposite for me... I stopped the alpha after the level cap but I can't stop doing crucible matches... I REALLY enjoy the pvp in this game

aravuus

Attack and defense ratings are normalized, but the skills attached to them (faster reload with x gun, for example) carry over to normal Crucible.

Alright, thank you and thanks to everyone else who replied.

It doesn't sound too bad, I'll probably play through the story once anyway so I'm sure I'll end up with some nice gear.

Gonna try and stop playing the beta now so the full game will feel as fresh as possible.

Same feeling. I really can't get super engaged because it's at the end not going matter come next week.

Well can't really blame you. The beta really just is more of the alpha. Hell, the beta still has the same story mission and strike mission from the alpha with some changes. Like, I feel like I've done almost all I can in the beta now except looking for dead ghosts (already found all the golden chests) and explore the world and maybe get killed by level ??? enemies. Also in reality it won't matter because everything is gonna get wiped.

Mentok

Banned
are there any plans to have a default multiplayer where everybody has the same weapons? i was really looking forward to some Bungie MP but not like this.

Yeah I can see the PvP being the only slight on the game right now. The PvE is WAY more fun.

DNAbro

Same feeling. I really can't get super engaged because it's at the end not going matter come next week.

I don't really want to continue or focus on vanguard or crucible ranks cause they will go away. I'm pretty much done except for a few matches here and there.

rinse82

Any idea why my guardian's appearance isn't showing properly when I hit option or when I view on the app?

When I walk around in the tower in third person it looks right but in options screen and app its the default bare bones guardian.

cripterion

I've been playing all weekend :/

Yeah but the game is pretty shitty to connect to your clanmates unless I'm missing something. Basically would have to invite all gaffers into friendlist to play, why can't they be bothered to so an ingame section where you can see people from your clan/group and invite from there?

I was looking over the Hunter skill trees. It seems that, while the Bladancer class is really cool, you don't get a throwing knife if you switch to that subclass.

D:

Kyoufu

I was looking over the Hunter skill trees. It seems that, while the Bladancer class is really cool, you don't get a throwing knife if you switch to that subclass.

D:

Word on the street is you won't miss the throwing knife as the focus is ridiculously strong.

The thing that bothers me about the hunter cape is that it is directly in front of what is essentially three mini rockets and it isn't singed at all. Massive plot hole. Don't give me any space magic bullshit.

Singed edge cape in full game please.

bombshell

I usually have a KDR of around 1.0 or slightly above in competitive games, so I'm not exactly a beast. However in this game I've managed a 20/2 match with a killstreak of 16 and my KDR total so far is around 1.90.

The PvP in this game is either very unbalanced or I'm just very good at this particular game :D

daffy

Banned
Is there any concrete info on what's going to be in the final game as far as maps and features. I'm not sure if we're supposed to be expecting it to have content similar to a popular fps or an mmo. My guess is popular fps since it's not subscription based.

Is there any concrete info on what's going to be in the final game as far as maps and features. I'm not sure if we're supposed to be expecting it to have content similar to a popular fps or an mmo. My guess is popular fps since it's not subscription based.
No one knows how big this game is. Bungie has been quiet about it.

Quick question about weapon choice:

Are pulse rifles garbage tier when it comes to damage? I feel like in the crucible I have to unload a round to kill someone, while I'm killed in 4 or 5 bullets. What's the deal?

I haven't played any of the beta yet because I was travelling. A bit out of touch on this Iron Banner stuff. Have I missed out on gear and in-game content that will perpetuate to the retail release? I know there's some sort of reward on the 26th but I'm wondering if there's more that I've already missed out on.

GavinUK86

I should have the DestinyGAF tag sadly I do not. A lot of others haven't got it either.

Weird bug.

I didn't see anyone yesterday but spotted quite a few today. 1 from EU GAF like me and another from the US one. Weird if it's a bug stopping it from always showing up.

I haven't played any of the beta yet because I was travelling. A bit out of touch on this Iron Banner stuff. Have I missed out on gear and in-game content that will perpetuate to the retail release? I know there's some sort of reward on the 26th but I'm wondering if there's more that I've already missed out on.

I don't think so. I played it last night and didn't unlock anything. It's a bit random.

Marvel

could never
I didn't see anyone yesterday but spotted quite a few today. 1 from EU GAF like me and another from the US one. Weird if it's a bug stopping it from always showing up.

I don't think so. I played it last night and didn't unlock anything. It's a bit random.

Yeah I'm having the same issue. :/

Yeah, even though this is only the Beta I really want to rep GAF. It's frustrating to not see it still in-game. Tried everything.

Jafo_

my sweet new ride, with infinite ammo
Destiny%2520Beta_20140720134009.jpg

until it went boom with me on it ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom