• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Destiny Beta Thread of 'SMiLE! The Beta's back up! Welcome Everyone!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is correct. Everything will be wiped except for the item from the event on the 26th,
Wow, that's complete bullocks then. Lost all motivation in continuing playing the beta with my lvl 8 character if any loot I find in the futur just disappears. I thought for sure that the progress would be transfered to the full game, hence why the cap level.

Sai-kun

Banned
I want a better scout rifle. I've got a Jigoku SR3 that does 62 damage, but I want something mooooore.

Wow, that's complete bullocks then. Lost all motivation in continuing playing the beta with my lvl 8 character if any loot I find in the futur just disappears. I thought for sure that the progress would be transfered to the full game, hence why the cap level.

Yeah, it's really only worth playing past level cap if you really enjoy the multiplayer. This is how things are for most betas.

Woorloog

Banned

It is a fucking "beta". It is the norm that everything gets wiped.

The idea that people could keep stuff from beta is stupid.

Steel

Banned
Anybody else have that story progression challenge thing come up at the bottom when they repeatedly help their friends through the first few missions? Cause apparently I've gotten about 40% done with the storyline helping 3 of my friends through them according to it.

It is a fucking "beta". It is the norm that everything gets wiped.

The idea that people could keep stuff from beta is stupid.

Why so sensitive about it? The sole fact that Bungie had not officially said if it was going to be transfered or not is enough reason to think that it could have been transfered to the full game, so I'm not seeing the problem here. What is there to be so "mad" about it? Can you explain your reason for being such a ass?

edit: Bungie was unsure if the beta progress would carry over. One of the many sources I found just now: http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/07/16/bungie-unsure-destiny-beta-progress-will-carry-retail-version/

Mind

Neo Member
Two questions for you lovely beta guardians.
First: I missed the first Iron Banner. When can I compete in the second?
Second: At what time do the servers go down tomorrow?

Translate to UK /EU time please.

Hope they shut down the servers on the same time the servers went up. That will give me the monday to play the beta.

Thanks for your trouble guardians.

Steel

Banned

Hope they shut down the servers on the same time the servers went up. That will give me the monday to play the beta.

10 PM-12 AM today GMT. For Iron banner.

Iron Banner events are today at 2 pm PDT and 7 pm PDT so it should be 9 pm GMT and 2 am GMT respectively.

There hasn't been any word on what time servers go down. I would expect midnight PDT. They will be down both Monday and Tuesday, coming back online on Wednesday.

1: 7pm PDT like last night.
2: I don't think anybody knows this outside of Bungie.

Gaz_RB

Why so sensitive about it? The sole fact that Bungie had not officially said if it was going to be transfered or not is enough reason to think that it could have been transfered to the full game, so I'm not seeing the problem here. What is there to be so "mad" about it? Can you explain your reason for being such a ass?

edit: Bungie was unsure if the beta progress would carry over. One of the many sources I found just now: http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/07/16/bungie-unsure-destiny-beta-progress-will-carry-retail-version/

He's always a little cranky.
Anyway, the beta will most likely not carry over. More recently, Bungie has been saying things like "You'll be able to carry ____ over from beta, but not ____." This has usually been in relation to certain limited items. I would not expect most things like level and items to carry over from beta.

th3dude

This is a beta, not early access. To assume you get to keep things is silly unless they explicitly say. Expect nothing other than something cosmetic to show off that you helped beta test.

Iron Banner events are today at 2 pm PDT and 7 pm PDT so it should be 9 pm GMT and 2 am GMT respectively.

There hasn't been any word on what time servers go down. I would expect midnight PDT. They will be down both Monday and Tuesday, coming back online on Wednesday.

Which is 10pm and 3am UK time

pastrami

I like the multiplayer. But god damn is solo queue frustrating. I don't know what they are using for matchmaking, but I'd say 90% of the time, my team is completely clueless and gets stomped. I quit a full 3/11 games I've played today because it's so laughable.

Sande

From my understanding, there will be a vendor in the full game where you can use these coins. That vendor is not in the beta.
I think vanguard quartermaster has some uses for the coins. Everything's lvl 20 though.

Just realized I won't be home on the 26th. Dammit.

DeeJ said on Bungie's twitch Iron Banner stream that the Iron Banner vendor's goods are NOT the items you will keep into the full game.

That's good. I didn't have enough glimmer to buy the Hunter's cloak and regretted getting the Titan's mark (since I am playing Titan for the beta).

I'm not in the know, can someone briefly explain what Iron Banner is?

Another Crucible mode that included the Mars map and Rusted Lands map (latter was in the beta). This mode allowed all weapon and armor stats to carry over, unlike normal Crucible where the stats are normalized. It was only available for a few hours yesterday. A section of the Tower that was previously closed off was opened, revealing the Iron Banner vendor/representative, Saladin.

We won't be able to play it again until September, unless Bungie opens it up again before the beta ends.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Whoa, I just discovered that there's actually a whole other section in the Tower, the area where the cutscene with the speaker takes place with more vendors and stuff.

Why won't they give us a neat minimap of the area. Bungie pls.

Haines

Banned
Another Crucible mode that included the Mars map and Rusted Lands map (latter was in the beta). This mode allowed all weapon and armor stats to carry over, unlike normal Crucible where the stats are normalized. It was only available for a few hours yesterday. A section of the Tower that was previously closed off was opened, revealing the Iron Banner vendor/representative, Saladin.

We won't be able to play it again until September, unless Bungie opens it up again before the beta ends.

its open again today same time 5 est according to bungie twitter

Whoa, I just discovered that there's actually a whole other section in the Tower, the area where the cutscene with the speaker takes place with more vendors and stuff.

There is. Talk to the robots in the area right where you are dropped off from your ship and you can view a map of the Tower from them. There's also the companion app, too, which has a map of the Tower.

Xevren

They have npc's that will show you the map of the area.

He's always a little cranky.
Anyway, the beta will most likely not carry over. More recently, Bungie has been saying things like "You'll be able to carry ____ over from beta, but not ____." This has usually been in relation to certain limited items. I would not expect most things like level and items to carry over from beta.
Yeah that's too bad, I really like the beta and even grinding for new loot is a lot of fun, but since it doesn't transfer, it's just pointless to continue doing so. I guess I'll just wait for news on what happens on the 26th, and play a couple PVP matches inbetween.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I just want a damn auto rifle. I'm stuck with a scout rifle right now. :(

I've been trying to get a Scout rifle for ages, currently have multiple auto ARs... this is when an auction house of sorts could help (which would be horrible... apart from the odd situation like this).

Jachaos

About that Intercepter...

Bs_z4umCUAARIuI.jpg:large

Bungie, this is almost Scorpion on Hemorrhage levels of bad.

I had 31.0 (31 Kills 1 Death) last night with that Interceptor as well... lopsided and funny match really.

Tried just playing with the pistol, screw that. I'm going auto rifle from now on until I get the Hawkmoon pistol in the game and upgrade it.

Also Gaz I'm trying to join you but it won't let me

Has anyone gotten very far exploring those underground areas in old Russia where the lvl 20 mobs are?

They look pretty cool but I'm curious if there's anything worth mentioning down there. I only make it about 20 feet before I get one shotted.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Wait. Not to my knowledge. This is still up in the air I believe.

They have not even confirmed that beta progress will be wiped yet.

It's standard practice, really. I'm shocked if they didn't wipe everything. It's all gear and stats from an old build that might not translate correctly to the final game.

Wipe it clean, please.

There is area map. Speak with robots, that stands in the city and map will be showed with all vendors and sectors..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It's standard practice, really. I'm shocked if they didn't wipe everything. It's all gear and stats from an old build that might not translate correctly to the final game.

Wipe it clean, please.

Only if you believe this is a real beta.

(Its obvious this is only one in name only)

Marvel

could never
Hyyyped for the Iron Banner event again tonight, I now have enough glimmer to buy that sweet emblem and maybe the Warlock arm band.

Wait. Not to my knowledge. This is still up in the air I believe.

They have not even confirmed that beta progress will be wiped yet.

The only thing they've said that will go with you to retail is an beta Emblem.

I take that as an "of course we will do an server wipe like any other beta or even our own alpha". If you could take more with you, I don't doubt Bungie would have said it already (and in turn almost turned the "beta" into an soft launch of the game)

aravuus

I'm not really sure I understand how much my gear/level matters in PvP. I'm not too much into the PvE aspect, at least not yet since I've got no one to play with, so will I be at a disadvantage if I play solely PvP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom