• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senate healthcare repeal bill fails - Collins, Murkowski, and McCain voted no

Shauni

You can really just see it all in McConnell's face as McCain voted. Wow, they were not expecting this at all.

I hope The Turtle stops trying now. Move on to tax reform where they will hopefully fail again.

At this point, I'm just going to assume they are going to keep trying healthcare lol.

Ernest

Banned
obio.gif

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Honestly I am all for celebrating at the moment; and yes that includes *thumbsup* for McCain in this moment. However he arrived here (mostly through the incompetence of his fellow GOP members) he voted 'no' and was in the minority of votes for his side. And that killed this thing.

Doesn't excuse past behavior or future fuckery he may get himself into. But in this moment; he didn't take the easy route and vote along his party's line.

So everyone try to breathe, be happy we're back from the brink for a bit. I'm still frankly stunned at McCain's last second flip; but it works and the result matters. Okay I'm rambling I should go to sleep. z___z

It was a nice glimpse into a McCain that used to vote for and create bills like McCain/Feingold. And i'll certainly give credit where it's due.

I have no idea if the 3 of them will have saved Republicans from a bigger defeat in 2018.
Probably? If this passed, the markets would be in really really bad shape running into the 2018 midterm, and with a clear bill passed, it won't take any genius to have seen what the proximate cause was.

As it stands, getting all of the votes on record with nothing passing was the best outcome for the country.

Kthulhu

r/the_donald is a mess right now 😂

Just checked it. Some dude thinks the stock market will crash because of this vote. Another wants people to vote Democrat if they live in Arizona.

If there wasn't so many homophobic slurs being tossed then I'd stick around.

ibyea

Banned
Nope. Fuck him still. You all are so goddamn easy. He could have made his position clear a long-ass time ago, but the showboating and entertainment had to go on. But hey at least he got his moment at the expense of people developing ulcers from stress.

Yup, this. If this had been a proper Republican health care bill with a proper ACA repeal with the proper procedures, McCain would have voted for it.

That said, he made Mitch "Turtle" McConnell cry, so I guess I will ease up a little bit.

Mobius 1

The Orange Meatflap is awake and tweeting.

I really hope nobody is around to moderate the pus coming out of his oral orifice.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I wonder who woke up the Cheeto.

Edit - Oh, it's close to 3am. Dude has a horrible sleep schedule.

mjp2417

Banned
It needed all three.

Feel however you want about McCain, I certainly have my problems with him. But he stoped this bill from happening as much as Collins and Murkowski.

Yeah, this sentiment is baffling to me. Like, you needed all three to oppose it. They all deserve praise for this specific vote. This isn't complicated.

Media

My God he came through.

In the cancer thread I said I sympathized with his condition and hoped he would gain some perspective because of it, but wouldn't be shocked if he voted yes.

Thank you, McCain. I almost want to write him a thank you note.

border

So why did they go to a vote? Why did Pence leave the Senate? Did they really think they had the votes to pass the measure? Or did they know they were going to lose and just wanted to get it over with?

Everybody seems to think McConnell is shocked by McCain's vote, but I doubt they would have moved to voting without already knowing what the result would be.

Ithil

Hey dipshit Don, why don't you actually explain what you mean by "deal"? What deal?
Where is your idea for healthcare?

There is none, because he's an idiot who knows nothing and just wants on-paper "wins" to gloat about.

So why did they go to a vote? Why did Pence leave the Senate? Did they really think they had the votes to pass the measure? Or did they know they were going to lose and just wanted to get it over with?

Everybody seems to think McConnell is shocked by McCain's vote, but I doubt they would have moved to voting without already knowing what the result would be.
I mean it's possible McCain lied at the end to get the vote to proceed and then back stabbed McConnell

JCHandsom

Well the video shows people in the room did audibly gasp at his vote, so it caught some people off guard.

Damn, really? Saw some real foul McCain slander on the timeline with mad likes and retweets the other day. I thought it had already came out that he definitely voted for the bill.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
When, in 2022, long after John McCain will be dead?

(Shhhh, don't tell them that)

Damn, really? Saw some real foul McCain slander on the timeline with mad likes and retweets the other day. I thought it had already came out that he definitely voted for the bill.

He did vote for an earlier even shittier bill.
Hence why this was very unexpected.

Slater

Banned

Mitch was almost crying brah, you can literally see his face change from a smug AF smile to gripping realization McCain just wiped his dick out and slapped his career in the face. He 1000 percent didn't expect this

GOP should just pass a bill that renames the ACA the "fuck Obamacare healthcare act" change nothing else, pass it, and then get their constituents to be so glad they won.

Also fuck that turtle motherfucker.

Top Bottom