• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senate Judiciary Committee subpoenas Manafort to testify on Russia

The Senate Judiciary Committee has subpoenaed Paul Manafort to appear publicly before the committee on Wednesday.

Committee leaders Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) announced Tuesday that they had subpoenaed Manafort, President Trump's former campaign chief, on Monday night.

Link.

Searched but couldn't see anything, apologies if old.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Can he ignore this without repercussions? It seems like a lot of people have just ignored things that they aren't legally allowed to ignore these days.

Can he ignore this without repercussions? It seems like a lot of people have just ignored things that they aren't legally allowed to ignore these days.

He can ignore it if he leaves the country for the rest of his life. Otherwise, he'll be arrested.

Trump could always pardon him though.

Sephzilla

Can't wait for must see tv of Manafort spending the entire hearing saying, "I plead the 5th."

giphy.gif

androvsky

Well shit, I never knew that. Interesting.

From what I've read lying to Congress is apparently a crime equivalent to perjury, so it's more of a symbolic thing for the witness and public watching the hearings.

Basically, if Kushner thought it was okay to lie to Congress because he wasn't under oath, he's got even more problems.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
From what I've read lying to Congress is apparently a crime equivalent to perjury, so it's more of a symbolic thing for the witness and public watching the hearings.
Yes, lying to Congress is still a crime.

antonz

Being reported he brokered a deal to keep his testimony from being Public. Details on the deal itself are not public

Top Bottom