• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus |OT| Life Returns to Vita

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*reads there's 3 online trophies* Aw crap...

*reads they can be done solo with CPU* Oh thank goodness.

Also lulz trophy for bein' a perv in the dressing room

pariah164

I posted this on other thread but I hope ppl enjoy not only the gameplay but the story also.
I plan to; I can't wait to see things from the new girls' perspective. If Burst was any indication, Hanzo will be the most formulaic, and the other three schools will be the most interesting.

A message from Sats: "If anyone wants to add me on PSN to play, I'm MyNameIsSaturn."

Thoraxes

My main tip to people is to be sure to use the lock-on when in the 1v1 fights.

The camera is not good in this game.

MrBS

All my hype. I've been watching the daily youtube videos on XSEED's channel and seeing that character whose weapon of choice is pancakes made me very happy. Day one!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My main tip to people is to be sure to use the lock-on when in the 1v1 fights.

The camera is not good in this game.
Oh crap, forgot that you have to tap the screen to lock on. I could've sworn they fixed that via patch.

Edit: 1.06 patch mapped it to up on the d-pad, from what I'm seeing.

pariah164

All my hype. I've been watching the daily youtube videos on XSEED's channel and seeing that character whose weapon of choice is pancakes made me very happy. Day one!
Well, her weapons are technically a frying pan and a bucket, so pancakes just kind of naturally come with that. I was reminded of Rhapsody.

flohen95

Since some people posted PSN names, mine is twin21. Add me if you like, I barely have any PSN friends anyway.

please somebody add me for the love of all that's holy

Edit: That's my primary (read: European) account, by the way. I've yet to create the US one and will play on this one most of the time anyway. If online play is possible with a US game on a European account. I think it's possible. Is it? :(

Imouto

Banned
I'm going to add a bunch of people here, but I'm not sure I'll play multiplay :p.
Also, my game could come pretty late since I have to go the unusual way to get it.

You have to finish the three other schools to be able to select Homura's group (aka best story arc).
Once you have finished Homura's side, you unlock her and Asuka's final battle.
Keep in mind each school present a different take and tone on the story: new Hebijo is grim whereas Gessen is much more sweet. The heroines of Hanzo are always deadly serious and give your regular shounen manga cast a run for their money in hot-bloodedness. Homura Gurentai is love.

That's too bad. I was planning to go with Homura's group after the Gessen one. Yozakura is love.

Best girl.

Incline to agree since she's the only one without Life and Hometown, but then I'm the type who can't choose when presented with many good choices.

man, i should get around to watching these

You should. They are all in the OP.

Zhao_Yun

Since some people posted PSN names, mine is twin21. Add me if you like, I barely have any PSN friends anyway.

please somebody add me for the love of all that's holy

Edit: That's my primary (read: European) account, by the way. I've yet to create the US one and will play on this one most of the time anyway. If online play is possible with a US game on a European account. I think it's possible. Is it? :(

Since there won't be an online-pass it should work without problems.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's a way to unlock the Crimson Squad story before finishing the others. I'd still recommend doing it last though.
Oh yeah, saw there was a code you could enter, but it tells you that if you want to go through and unlock them via said method, you won't get the story part.

pariah164

Oh yeah, saw there was a code you could enter, but it tells you that if you want to go through and unlock them via said method, you won't get the story part.
Yeah; as much as it pains me to get the best girl so late, I will play though them in order. I will, without a doubt, go back to them all anyway till I get the characters to their max level, so it's not a big deal.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I'm so ready for this!

Best Girl? Best Girl

Kagura_mirai.jpg

You have good taste.

#TeamHometown ya scrubs!

#TeamHometown all the way!

Have the limited edition pre ordered, can't wait for next week.

...Homura is best girl btw.
YES

I may be mistaken so someone feel free to correct me but I don't think its possible. I'm pretty sure if its an American game you'll need to use an American account. But like I said, I could be entirely wrong.

Also, if you're interested in Bon Appetit, the rhythm/cooking game coming out later this year as a downloadable title, DLC bought in this game can be used in that game too but seeing you're in Europe you might run into problems unless you buy the American version of that too since you're importing the American version of SK.

Yasumi

Banned
I may be mistaken so someone feel free to correct me but I don't think its possible. I'm pretty sure if its an American game you'll need to use an American account. But like I said, I could be entirely wrong.

Also, if you're interested in Bon Appetit, the rhythm/cooking game coming out later this year as a downloadable title, DLC bought in this game can be used in that game too but seeing you're in Europe you might run into problems unless you buy the American version of that too since you're importing the American version of SK.
Online won't require a specific country's account, since there's no more online pass. The only thing he'll miss out on is DLC, which isn't cross-region compatible.

flohen95

Since there won't be an online-pass it should work without problems.

#TeamHometown all the way!

YES

Online won't require a specific country's account, since there's no more online pass. The only thing he'll miss out on is DLC, which isn't cross-region compatible.

First of all, thanks for the answers. I already knew about DLC not working, which is why I definitely will set up an American account. However, I will probably not change the account every time I want to play the game since I am lazy. Since online play seems to work, the only problem will be that I'll have 2 seperate save files, but it shouldn't be a problem playing through the game twice anyway. Good to know that it will work out that way.

crinale

Also lulz trophy for bein' a perv in the dressing room

The trophy was implemented before the patch came out
that enables you to take off all clothes in the dressing room, including underware
. I wonder what you have to do at English version to obtain that trophy hehe :D

Imouto

Banned
The trophy was implemented before the patch came out
that enables you to take off all clothes in the dressing room, including underware
. I wonder what you have to do at English version to obtain that trophy hehe :D

For real? There should be censoring, right?

Tapejara

Oh wow, totally forgot this was coming out so soon. Same day as The Evil Within too! I've got two copies pre-ordered; one for me and one for my friend. He likes ninja stuff so hopefully he'll enjoy it.

RyoonZ

Banned
I beat the Japanese version when it's discounted for like 15$ on July but I skipped the story because I don't understand it.

With this releasing in English, you could say I'll be playing this for plot. :p

pariah164

I beat the Japanese version when it's discounted for like 15$ on July but I skipped the story because I don't understand it.

With this releasing in English, you could say I'll be playing this for plot. :p
The plot is better than most RPGs. And the location is more than likely better as well (looking at YOU, Sword Art Online). The story in Burst was simple and straightforward, and I hope this game follows the trend. It's nice to not have to think about a convoluted plotline and be allowed to enjoy the gameplay without thinking about things once in a while. And after the story bomb that was DR 2, I need this game.

Vylash

The plot is better than most RPGs. And the location is more than likely better as well (looking at YOU, Sword Art Online). The story in Burst was simple and straightforward, and I hope this game follows the trend. It's nice to not have to think about a convoluted plotline and be allowed to enjoy the gameplay without thinking about things once in a while. And after the story bomb that was DR 2, I need this game.

5%28236%29.png

crinale

Fuck you Monokuma. :T

Also, those who have played the Japanese version, how fast are the new girls? I love playing Hikage because in Burst she was an absolute speed demon. Slower characters, I tend to struggle with.

Each school has one character that let you overwrite dashing motion by another dashing, thus theoretically you can zip through the field continuously (Ikaruga, Hikage, Imu and Murakumo).

Now since I've platinum-ed the game long before it got re-balanced numerous times, so I don't know how the English version is tuned. IIRC those four girls did have some drawbacks for compensation but I'm not so sure about that.

I did prefer the story of Burst over what we have in most games, too - Japanese as well as western.

The plot in Burst/Hanzo side was really good and interestingly constructed - as I tried to explain elsewhere, on one half it's all a big exercice of play on classic ninja tropes, ambiguity between conflictuous genres, all of this wrapped into shounen manga typical Yamato damashii 'nekketsu' spirit; the other half is the character-driven plot with very lovable heroines.
The following games are way more focused on the character-driven aspect of the whole thing, thought.

She's so adorable >_>

With or without her mask ?

pixxxelz

Awesome OT I forgot this game was coming out next week, This is going to be my first SK game hopefully it won't let me down.

SerTapTap

What's the PS TV situation here? Will it be supported at launch or later, and is there any reason to prefer the Vita specific to this game (eg not "dat oled" "suspend" etc)?

Top Bottom