• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes October 14th

If you look at historic precedent:

Highest September results ever achieved:

PS2 - 532K (September 2002)

PS3 - 492K (September 2009)

Wii - 687K (September 2008)

So I would be wary of any predictions that approach or exceed 700K.

...it makes nearly tripling August (190K) even more impressive.

pip77

Welp.....there goes my 251k prediction. Still good news for those in the Playstation ecosystem like I am and also gaming in general.

Toki767

The odds of Xbox One sales tripling last month are probably low I'd imagine. Guessing that sales gap is getting mighty close to 1 million in the US.

kmax

I think many people waited for the white PS4 that started to roll out in September (I know I did), so I definitely think that has given a nice boost.

I can't believe anyone thought there'd be any other outcome

I don't think most people did, even the ones that posted otherwise knew the truth, they were either just hopeful or stirring the pot. The truth is there is no fiscally responsible action MS can do to reverse this trend. Even if Sony rests on its laurels, momentum will put PS4 on top almost every month until next generation and the XB1 will always be the second-fiddle console.

Hopefully all involved learn lessons from the way things have turned out.

Xando

Looks like my 465k prediction is way off, didn't think Sony would beat the magical 500k.

Way too conservative on my part.

Actually tripling would be 570k, so almost tripling is probably in the 550k range.

Almost is the keyword here.

It's been loosely used to describe anything from 2.51 to 2.99, so I could see it being in the lower 500s range, if Sony wants to make their PR more beautiful with the word triple.

spwolf

Wait, Pachter was wrong?

pPDrEFA.gif

I...I don't even

he still has trophy wife and a Porsche, right?

I cant believe this guy is still employed.

Boke1879

That would be surprising. It is suspiciously absent from that list of bundles though. That $450 price tag didn't do the bundle any favors I guess.

It's not too shocking. I can see a lot of people waiting to pick up a PS4 for Destiny. So while the XB1 stanalone Destiny could have sold more if you include the PS4 bundle. It most likely didn't

GhaleonEB

Almost is the keyword here.

It's been loosely used to describe anything from 2.51 to 2.99, so I could see it being in the lower 500s range, if Sony wants to make their PR more beautiful with the word triple.

Yes. I supplied caveats by using "almost", "probably" and "range". :p

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Great numbers. But fucking hate Bungie and Activision for getting all this cash for crap game based on only marketing hype. That is something I cant feel good about. But PS4 numbers are amazing. Sony did a brilliant job releasing this bundle.

Kayjin

Neo Member
I never once thought that Sony would lose September, but those numbers... Just damn, son.

Also,
LOL Pachter.

Top Bottom