• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes October 14th

photo.jpg

Seriously, what does ms do at this point? How much do you keep investing in co marketing and giving away games before you throw your hands up?

You steer the ship the best you can, privately I think they know its gone, they can still get respectable sales by the end of the generation if they keep bringing good software and improving Xbox Live

RowdyReverb

The article says "Worldwide", nothing about US.

Oh, you're right. I guess XB1 vs PS4 Destiny NA sales remain to be seen. I wonder though if the free game with console deal that MS ran counts as game sales as opposed to the usual 'bundles don't count' rule.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
all the sports games selling better on ps4 over xbone lol dam

sense

so i guess destiny did better on xb1 in US atleast because it seems weird them not mentioning it. i guess the bungie fanbase mostly is on xbox still atleast in the US

Daviii

I thought COD launches next month?

Microsoft bundled for free last month with a download code, plus a happy ending massage. And four games for free. And kinect.

November Xbox sales will be amazing. They need to give the machine for free.

Loudninja

Hello all, Abdiel's Best Buy snapshot.

So, I had expected the ps4 to do well, but it did very, very well. The white bundle brought in a ton of new consumers, and even some current owners (like myself, actually) bought the white one as well (I sold my launch unit to a friend who struggles with finances, letting him pay me back over time, haha). We actually cleared our stock in almost over store in our district at least once, and needed replenishment. Crazy stuff. I remain keenly interested to see how other chains reflect this, though I know the game stop near my home did impressive numbers as well.

The XB1 still sold well, and certainly didn't lose momentum from the previous month, but there was a distinct gap in sales. Very distinct. Though I don't think anyone assumed the XB1 would win Destiny month.

Destiny continued to sell pretty Damn well after launch, though some consumers were clearly wavering as they considered. Word of mouth and friends pushing friends to join in the online chaos clearly did wonders.

Wii U is really struggling. The parents buying games for kids group seems largely in the dark now that the MK8 push has faded. Not sure how it will work out.

So yeah. Hope this still ends up on the first page.
As always fantastic job dude.

Why are people acting like PS4 outselling XB1 is a big surprise and that XB1 is doomed? Wasn't PS4 winning due to Destiny always expected?

Boke1879

so i guess destiny did better on xb1 in US atleast because it seems weird them not mentioning it. i guess the bungie fanbase mostly is on xbox still atleast in the US

The standalone version probably sold more, but when you include the bundle. It's very possible the PS4 version outsold it

Top Bottom