• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Kalisto - the best he can hope for is Rey. He'll probably reach The Brian Kendrick level.

Sami Zayn - jobber to the stars at best. Released after years of toiling in obscurity like Drew McIntyre.

Neville - the Shelton Benjamin push at best. He'll settle at around where Evan Bourne was before he was Wellness'd.

KENTA - Tajiri at best, but he doesn't have Tajiri's knack for comedy

Steen - not going to make it to main roster

Devitt - buried as Hornswaggle's cousin/Sheamus's little brother or a vanilla midget

Mojo Rawley - gets the Mongo push, hopefully working no name indies in a year

Breeze - lucky if he makes it as far as Sandow's level

Dempsey - gets a dancing fat man gimmick, released not long after

Ascension - the next Harris Twins

Vaudevillains: hopefully makes it to the roster so Triple H can send them back to NXT in a wooden crate with no airholes

strobogo

Banned
When you look at past champions and headliners, the only real Vince McMahon Superstar type since Warrior has been Cena.

Brock was probably the closest, but he was doing it at a heel. MOST WWE champions don't fit the mold that Vince supposedly loves so much.

Sephzilla

When you look at past champions and headliners, the only real Vince McMahon Superstar type since Warrior has been Cena.

Brock was probably the closest, but he was doing it at a heel. MOST WWE champions don't fit the mold that Vince supposedly loves so much.

I'd argue that Bret Hart and HHH could be "close enough"

iV9GihxT8nuC8.gif

I think Kenta can get way over just like Tajiri did. While Tajiri did some traditional Japanese wrestler things (mostly the mist), he got over on his weird physical charisma and kicking the dog shit out of people. Once Kenta starts throwing super loud kicks and whatnot, I think he'll get over in a hurry. Tajiri got over HUGE in 2001/2002 just based on being in fun segments with Regal and kicking really hard.

nice!

There's a thread on the gaming side right now called "I legit cannot play 2D games anymore"

I've also seen "legit" being used in regular posts across the board in the same manner I use it. Obviously I didn't create the usage of it but have I popularized this? Nobody even knows it was me, either. Sunny made an empire out of it while I've been left in the dust with my ass flapping in the wind.

jred2k

Maybe his Canadian hog is too big for normal tights so he has to wear them like that to keep things PG.

We are a large-united people. It allows us to get through the cold winters. Shrinkage just takes us back to a normal man's size.

There's a thread on the gaming side right now called "I legit cannot play 2D games anymore"

I've also seen "legit" being used in regular posts across the board in the same manner I use it. Obviously I didn't create the usage of it but have I popularized this? Nobody even knows it was me, either. Sunny made an empire out of it while I've been left in the dust with my ass flapping in the wind.

Everyone here knows where it came from. You're legit. Unfortunately you weren't too legit to quit WrassleGAF so now your catch phrase has been appropriated.

Ithil

And how many of Vince's "next big thing" projects actually panned out?
Even Cena wasn't one of these originally, even if he developed into one later.

Carnby

I have an interview at a place that I don't even know if I really want to work at. I don't even know why I accepted the interview. The interview is in 15 minutes. I'm dreading it already.

I wish Sunny was here to give me advice.

strobogo

Banned
I have an interview at a place that I don't even know if I really want to work at. I don't even know why I accepted the interview. The interview is in 15 minutes. I'm dreading it already.

"Tell Carnby there's nothing wrong with finding out your worth. Taking interviews are a good way to judge what your value is in the eyes of employers. Do well, bust your ass in the interview, and get some more perspective on what you are worth."

Carnby

"Tell Carnby there's nothing wrong with finding out your worth. Taking interviews are a good way to judge what your value is in the eyes of employers. Do well, bust your ass in the interview, and get some more perspective on what you are worth."

Thanks Sunny!

Thanks Stro!

:)

Alucard

Banned

Do 20 push-ups and don't eat anything for 8 hours straight afterwards. If you eat or drink, you're weak.

I'm sorry to not mention Solomon Crowe anywhere in there but despite his talent he seems to be falling through the cracks for some reason.
They've had so many chances to debut this guy, have no clue what is going on.

And Alexa Bliss is just pure money, especially in the PG era. She's improving quickly and that adorableness that no diva has ever attempted to fill that niche. The full package.

A throwaway interview I went on in January that STARTED by saying on the phone with "we don't usually pay what you're asking for" ended up being a huge company that works on amazing projects, paid me more than I thought. Less than I was really looking forward to but with amazing benefits.

So ya never know~

Heel

Kalisto - the best he can hope for is Rey. He'll probably reach The Brian Kendrick level.

Sami Zayn - jobber to the stars at best. Released after years of toiling in obscurity like Drew McIntyre.

Neville - the Shelton Benjamin push at best. He'll settle at around where Evan Bourne was before he was Wellness'd.

KENTA - Tajiri at best, but he doesn't have Tajiri's knack for comedy

Steen - not going to make it to main roster

Devitt - buried as Hornswaggle's cousin/Sheamus's little brother or a vanilla midget

Mojo Rawley - gets the Mongo push, hopefully working no name indies in a year

Breeze - lucky if he makes it as far as Sandow's level

Dempsey - gets a dancing fat man gimmick, released not long after

Ascension - the next Harris Twins

Vaudevillains: hopefully makes it to the roster so Triple H can send them back to NXT in a wooden crate with no airholes

Yeah, and what about Willie Mack? Cism.

¡HarlequinPanic!;128490617 said:
A throwaway interview I went on in January that STARTED by saying on the phone with "we don't usually pay what you're asking for" ended up being a huge company that works on amazing projects, paid me more than I thought. Less than I was really looking forward to but with amazing benefits.

So ya never know~

You're working for WWE?

Carnby

well... that was a strange interview. Mostly questions like "who else are you interviewing with " and "would you accept a job offer from us."

That makes me a bit nervous.

Alucard

Banned
Those fuckers, Carnby. I wouldn't have felt comfortable with those types of questions.

It sounds like they really want you. What's the job?

strobogo

Banned
I didn't say who I interviewed with. I was getting the feeling that they wanted names. I wasn't going tp reveal my hand.

What kind interview was that?

Bro, you should have named some big companies. Boeing. Apple. Marvel Studios. Samsung. Google. All wanting a piece of you.

Carnby

Those fuckers, Carnby. I wouldn't have felt comfortable with those types of questions.

It sounds like they really want you. What's the job?

Network Admin. My dream job. But I'm not young, so where I ever go next it has to be the right place.

Bro, you should have named some big companies. Boeing. Apple. Marvel Studios. Samsung. Google. All wanting a piece of you.

LOL!!

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW MONDAY NITRO 10/30/95

• Sgt. Craig Pittman vs Eddie Guerrero
  • Scott Norton vs The Shark
  • SABU VS DISCO INFERNO
  • Lex Luger/Meng vs American Males

This was basically just a recap of Halloween Havoc. No Sting, Hogan, or Macho. Eddie was the most over face on the show and he had only been in the company for 2 months. NEXT WEEK has a voters choice thing, where fans will book the show. I assume via the hotline, but it wasn't explained. There will be a heel locker room and face locker room and fans will get to choose match ups from each side. Many many years before Taboo Tuesday or the WWE App.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
As for Crowe he dropped the hacker gimmick because Triple H hated it. Then he was doing tag matches with Kalisto with the possibility he might been Sin Cara's replacement at the pay per view. Then he chipped his tibia bone and is out with injury.

WWE could have utilized that hacker gimmick to play off the celebrity hacks from last week. Crowe could do TV segments (I think Goldust ran it storyline wise during the Attitude Era?) where he reveals videos and pictures from behind the scenes that would be "dirt" to help advance storylines. For example, he could "reveal" texts between Rollins and Triple H talking about Rollins cashing in the briefcase at Night of Champions no matter who wins since Rollins is the future, thus causing Brock to turn on the Authority.

WWE could have utilized that hacker gimmick to play off the celebrity hacks from last week. Crowe could do TV segments (I think Goldust ran it storyline wise during the Attitude Era?) where he reveals videos and pictures from behind the scenes that would be "dirt" to help advance storylines. For example, he could "reveal" texts between Rollins and Triple H talking about Rollins cashing in the briefcase at Night of Champions no matter who wins since Rollins is the future, thus causing Brock to turn on the Authority.

Rollins texted it to himself

Carnby

Rollins texted it to himself

oh god. A three week build for "nash snuck in my office and texted himself from my phone. I know this because if found security camera footage ...no I don't have the footage to show you." Now that's how you tell a story!

Gonzalez

Banned
Who did Craig Pittman threaten to get a manager search angle in WCW? Dude comes off like he has PTS, and looks super crazy.

strobogo

Banned
I remember when he was the opponent for Tyler Breeze's debut, and vanilla as hell

Then randomly one time he came out doing some weird Childish Gambino esque hip shit...and got squashed by Breeze again

I remember with Breeze was a jobber and vanilla as hell as well.

It's hilarious to watch Jericho's debut promo and knowing at the time, it was a tongue-in-cheek shot at WCW about ratings, buyrates, mainstream acceptance and crowd noise, but yet every word now describes the current WWE product, as well.

Top Bottom