• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Anyone planning on watching ROH this weekend? The card looks pretty stacked;

3hkKdtj.jpg

http://www.rohwrestling.com/live/events/2014/sep/6/090614-ase-6-live-ippv-toronto - $19.95

. ROH World Championship: 'Unbreakable' Michael Elgin © vs Jay Briscoe
. ROH World Tag Championship - 2/3 Falls: reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) © vs The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)
. ROH World TV Title - No Time-Limit: Jay Lethal © vs ACH
. First Time Ever: 'The Phenomenal' AJ Styles vs Adam Cole
. Grudge Tag Match: The Addiction (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs The Decade (Roderick Strong & Jimmy Jacobs)
. Cedric Alexander vs Silas Young
. Mark Briscoe vs Hanson
. Four Corner Survival Tag: BJ Whitmer & Adam Page vs Josh Alexander & Ethan Gabriel Owens vs Caprice Coleman & Takaaki Watanabe vs RD Evans & Moose

Previews;

Jay Briscoe - "Elgin, I like the sales pitch but I ain't sure I'm buying what you're selling"
1st Time Singles Match - AJ Styles vs Adam Cole
Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian - "We're The Addiction"
The Addiction vs The Decade
Alexander & Ownes are coming
reDRagon - History continues in Toronto
ACH vs Jay Lethal - No Time-Limit

Alucard

Banned

3hkKdtj.jpg

http://www.rohwrestling.com/live/events/2014/sep/6/090614-ase-6-live-ippv-toronto - $19.95

. ROH World Tag Championship - 2/3 Falls: reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) © vs The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)
. Grudge Tag Match: The Addiction (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs The Decade (Roderick Strong & Jimmy Jacobs)
. Mark Briscoe vs Hanson
. Four Corner Survival Tag: BJ Whitmer & Adam Page vs Josh Alexander & Ethan Gabriel Owens vs Caprice Coleman & Takaaki Watanabe vs RD Evans & Moose

Previews;

Jay Briscoe - "Elgin, I like the sales pitch but I ain't sure I'm buying what you're selling"

If I'm home, I'll be watching. Looks like a potential show of the year, but I don't want to give it TOO much hyperbole.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I don't think they're actually gonna do anything with Dawkins, he's probably gonna lead the next round of NXT cuts

He has yet to gain any ground, but if/when Breeze/Neville/Ascension/Zayn move up to the main roster, there will be room on the NXT main cards. The same could be applied to Corbin and many other talent. With KENTA, Steen, and Devitt debuting in the coming months (and Crowe, too, whenever he returns and maybe Graves if he recovers from the injury) the televised segments will still be crowded.

Alucard said:
If I'm home, I'll be watching. Looks like a potential show of the year, but I don't want to give it TOO much hyperbole.

If those top four matches deliver, it certainly has a chance to be up there with the best of the year - I'm really looking forward to AJ vs Cole, should be a fantastic match. ACH vs Lethal could be great, given how enjoyable the past match was, but I hope the stipulation doesn't lead them to go overkill with the match. Same goes for the 2/3 falls tag, but I'm more forgiving of tag matches.

Zach

The Adventures of Tony and Bobby

One... two... Dustin kicks out at two!

Nah, ya gotta pull those legs up and hook 'em. Or the tights. Or put your feet on the rope or something... Hit him with a brick... Something!

Hit him with a brick?

You agree with me?

No, I don't!

You just said "hit him with a brick!"

I was just repeating what you said! Where did you come up with that one?

I heard it from you!

What's wrong with you?!

I heard that from you!!

Heenan is the greatest of all time.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW MONDAY NITRO 11/6/95

• Cobra vs The Giant
  • Taskmaster vs Renegade
  • Chris Benoit vs Eddie Guerrero
  • Sting vs Ric Flair

The gimmick for the show was that the fans would get to book it. It turns out it was only for the main event and no vote totals or tallies were shown, so I'm sure Sting vs Flair is what was booked regardless and a lot of people got scammed into calling the hotline. The controversy around the WCW Championship was cleared up. Benoit continued to try to powerbomb Eddie through the mat. The Sting/Luger bros on opposite sides began.

Then there was one of the weirder things I've seen with Hulk and Macho hanging out on the beach with a homeless man while a guy with a ratty beard, giant turban, and roller blades played guitar right next to them. Has to be seen to be believed. Nickel Ambrose of late WCW fame made an early appearance. Next week has Eddie get a TV title shot and Sting vs That Mother Fucker.

So Elgin is going to get boooed then. Is it true the fans are not taking to Elgin? Cause I heard reviews from the PWG Bola the fans were not taking to him.

I don't think it's quite as clear cut as that, but there's definitely a section of the crowd that's turned on him - I'd be surprised if he got outright booed though, Toronto is his home town.

Strobogo can you make a gif of Terminator being lowered into the molten steel giving the thumbs up at the end of T2, but with John Cena's face?

Also Duncan don't read the above post, spoilers for a 20 year old movie.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, I've been working in a management position for 4 months at a company I've been at for 4 years. But I haven't been enjoying it and think I want to quit. Stuff I'm responsible for:

-hiring new employees
-handling vacation requests
-dealing with sick employees and finding replacements
-organizing monthly employee schedule
-organizing client lists
-meeting with unhappy clients
-annual employee performance reviews
-and a lot more

...not really liking it due to the level of responsibility and feeling like I'm not paid enough given the level of responsibility. If I go back to regular employee status, I'd have to take a pretty big paycut...probably at least 8,000 less than what I'm making now in a year. But I'm not happy and I'm taking my job home with me waaaay too much. I have a wife and 2 year old daughter, and while I want to keep up the same level of finances each month, I feel like the stress level and working hours, etc. are not worth it.

I could look for work outside my company doing the same employee level work for the same as the current management, and I figure I could do that now given my 7 years of experience in my field.

My wife thinks I should quit and find something else. I kind of agree. Being in management is really fucking hard, and it sucks when you see how little power you actually have to change a lot of things since I only have two people above me, and the president makes it tough to do my job properly at times.

Blah. Just bitching.

somedevil

I don't think it's quite as clear cut as that, but there's definitely a section of the crowd that's turned on him - I'd be surprised if he got outright booed though, Toronto is his home town.

I see. It was review from the Bola saying during his match the crowd was not down on him but not into him. I bet he is hoping the Toronto crowd doesn't pull an Edge on him.

strobogo

Banned
Strobogo can you make a gif of Terminator being lowered into the molten steel giving the thumbs up at the end of T2, but with John Cena's face?

I might be able to do that.

Why the fuck is Hulk Hogan wearing a black mask? Why is there an animatronic rat on a tombstone? Why the fuck does he have a giant sword?

Don't warn me, I saw that masterpiece.

It's Styuuus Cuhrasu that's got a chip on the shoulder.

¡HarlequinPanic!;128518139 said:
No, but I know a few people that do. I'll have to tell y'all about the time I watched night of champions 2012 with Brian Gerwitz~

Actually its a fairly uneventful story.
I was just joking but your response is actually pretty funny, I'm not as close to the person directly as you probably are but a friend of mine's relative works for the 'E. The stories he's told me also happen to be pretty uneventful and not very exciting.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Okay but...

?
Misdirection, keep the people in this locker room on their toes, everything is a test. You're not over until I say you're over. Still I can't figure out why anyone can't get over. Don't get buried Pepsi, take what's yours, but don't be surprised if you ruffle some feathers.

watching last week's NXT and while there's a very INTENSE AND SERIOUS picture-in-picture Bull Dempsey promo happening, all while Angelo Dawkins is doing his goofy dance in the other screen and i cannot stop laughing. Especially when Bull is going BULL. BULL. BULL and it's syncing up perfectly with the Angelo's OH. OH. OH catchphrase

I change my mind, I want Angelo Dawkins to get a shot

MoosiferX

It's a scary world outside of this thread. Can I just hide in here with you guys until the whole GamerGate thing blows over?

Also, did one of you fine folks "too sweet" me at PAX? The person in question was wearing a Swagsuke shirt!

Carnby

From a recent Nikki Bella interview:

Her favorite body part:

"Can I say my booty? And I love my boobs—I paid a lot of my money for my bust. But those are the most womanly parts, and I love being a woman."

When the Bellas have a tag team match, their names are Before & After.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+

Glad that's over.

3hkKdtj.jpg

. Mark Briscoe vs Hanson

Previews;

I am going to be there.

3hkKdtj.jpg

. Mark Briscoe vs Hanson

Previews;

better believe that i am, friend

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW MONDAY NITRO 11/13/95

• Meng vs Randy Savage
  • Chris Benoit vs Kensuke Sasaki
  • Johnny B. Badd vs Eddie Guerrero WCW Television Championship
  • That Mother Fucker Dean Malenko vs Sting

You got Dean, Eddie, and Benoit on the same show. TMF main evented and got to look great against Sting. But the real story is that Hulk had a skit where he was in a black mask, black cloak, carrying a giant sword in what looked to be a discarded set from a syndicated 90s action show. And we found out he will be returning to Nitro next week and wants a match against....STING! Benoit was announced as the newest member of the Four Horsemen. By Eric Bischoff. As an aside at the end of the match. With none of the other Horsemen. And no Horsemen music. And no Horsemen sign from Benoit.

Top Bottom