• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV: Premium Costumes

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I don't even have 300k fight money yet which I'm saving that for Alex, Guile, and Urien.

Would have splurged on Karin's alt if they fully changed the hair but alas.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
mGgVDz6.jpg

Bonita indeed

Ken looks like a third-rate, fat Jacky from Virtua Figther. The rest are pretty good tho, especially Karin, Zangief, Laura, Nash, and Necali's.

*Specifically focusing on the new ones, not the ones we already knew about like Chun's, which is awesome and orgasm-inducing.

mugwhump

I don't even have 300k fight money yet which I'm saving that for Alex, Guile, and Urien.

Would have splurged on Karin's alt if they fully changed the hair but alas.

I'd love her with full short hair

sf%20karin%20shorthair%20mod_zpser1myzcw.jpg

Not sure if this is a mod or just an edited image though.
edit: I'm dumb, her drills are just behind her

MechaX

Oh man, I showed my friend the Ken image, and his first response was "When in the fuck did Jacky from VF get into Street Fighter?"

Pretty soon Ken will get a flip kick that will do 50% of your life bar.

Hope they come out with a deal because you could get 4 costumes for $4 in Ultra or $20 for a full set of costumes for that gigantic ass cast

But we're in the P2F2P era where costumes can cost literally anything. I can understand it in Dota 2 where someone might like Dota 2 so much they'll just throw money around for crazy outfits just to support because they've played the game for 2000 hours at no expense. I supported SFV by buying the damn game. Be reasonable with the pricing.

woodypop

Is Alex's premium costume available to season pass holders now? I'm not seeing it at the character select screen. If not, when?

EDIT: nvm, figured it out--had to download the season pass

The funny thing about charging for all this bonus content is most of it sucks.. Opinions and all, but damn. Got most of the preorder stuff when they initially released, so besides Gief no new designs really do it for me.

Poor Ken :(

Mr.Undrhill

Neo Member
Ahhh..I keep holding out hope that Capcom is gonna do something to salvage this game, yet I continue to be let down.

I just don't understand any of the choices in this game: lack of any kind of single player, launching with almost nothing ready, claiming you could earn all DLC then having "premium costumes".

I feel like they should have bundled SFIV in with this game to tide us all over for when the actual game is finished after 12 months of DLC. I am not even salty about the 80 bucks, just disappointed.

sephi22

But we're in the P2F2P era where costumes can cost literally anything. I can understand it in Dota 2 where someone might like Dota 2 so much they'll just throw money around for crazy outfits just to support because they've played the game for 2000 hours at no expense. I supported SFV by buying the damn game. Be reasonable with the pricing.
I'm one of those Dota 2 whales you mentioned, and about 50% of my purchases are through the resale market. If SFV had resale or trading, this wouldn't be a problem.
JIEOsVs.jpg

Kelsdesu

Ahhh..I keep holding out hope that Capcom is gonna do something to salvage this game, yet I continue to be let down.

I just don't understand any of the choices in this game: lack of any kind of single player, launching with almost nothing ready, claiming you could earn all DLC then having "premium costumes".

I feel like they should have bundled SFIV in with this game to tide us all over for when the actual game is finished after 12 months of DLC. I am not even salty about the 80 bucks, just disappointed.

Urien release is going to be a shit show.

They never said this. They said the characters. Everybody pretty much new costumes would be premium dlc.

Yep. It's like, this is THE marquee Capcom franchise, it's bad enough Sony had to step in to make this happen(understandable though), but to have things roll out like this... It would be different and they were honest and made it very public that this is a game in development like KI when it first launched and had absolute transparency, offered a similar free to play model. But they didn't. It's not like they didn't have examples to look at. They just keep making bad decisions. It's pretty obvious why SF is in the state it is now, Capcom doesn't know what the fuck to do with their aging franchises, from the people doing the design to the businessmen at the top. Out of touch would be an understatement.

Capcom has released trailers, Features video, and Power Points to show people what is going on, why they are making the decisions they are, what will be released, what is going to cost actual money and what wont. They have a map detailing the 1st year of the game.

Mr.Undrhill

Neo Member
They never said this. They said the characters. Everybody pretty much new costumes would be premium dlc.

Listen, I don't even care about that, Capcom has long been the worst offender in terms of "Hey, a new hat for Cammy for $5.99!"; it just bothers me that I literally can't play a best of three match against AI. Had I know that I would have never pre-ordered (which on PSN is non-refundable), but they have never released a game without an arcade mode at least. I find it all baffling.

red720

Macho Gief, Mika, Cammy, Ryu are good. I guess they used the physics budget up on default Alex's shirt around his waist so couldn't give him the much better long hair. In the character select screen Laura's new costume looks like she stayed over and borrowed a hoody in the morning - I like it!

Top Bottom