• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shane Bettenhausen's MGS4 conspiracy theory

Teasel

no no no it's clearly
liquid represent non-game,campbell & meryll represent normal games and snake represent mgs4
therefore mgs4 is going to save normal games by killing non-gaming

Orlics

Blablurn said:
first of all: lol

secondly: I also think that this Trailer has a deeper meaning. I don't think these are scenes we're going to the in the game. they are just too weird.

Remember that the voice overs don't necessarily have to match the scenes. They could be from codec calls.

Remember that this is only one part of the game, as Kojima has confirmed that this is only one of the environments we'll see.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
The Jason said:
BTW shane didn't write the transcriptions, he came up with the idea, I just filled in the blanks.

I don't think now is the time to share that with the group.

Sit back down and have a cookie, please.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
USD said:
I hope the Wii is Sean Bean Snake.
And Raiden is Nintendo, because he seems to be back from the dead.
You could compare anybody to anything without ever being proven wrong :lol

hauton

EMBee99 said:
I don't think now is the time to share that with the group.

Sit back down and have a cookie, please.

SO THE COOKIE IS VAMP.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

VAMP = COOKIE
KNIVES = COOKIE-CUTTER
SWORD = EASY BAKE OVEN
+
MERYL

HOLY SHIT

Orlics

Kuroyume said:
A reminder that Metal Gear dialogue really started to get painful after the first Solid game...

MGS2's wasn't bad at all save for some really embarrassing subplots. MGS3's... however... never mind.

Teasel

Borys said:
So if Snake dies at the end of MGS4 does that mean there won't be a PS4?

:hippolol:
if ocelot get killed it means there will be no other microsoft console or with my theory no other nongames

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Francias Castiglione said:
Don't worry man, I believe you!

PS. This is me...
alexjones.jpg

:lol

I really hope Shane explains this in great depth on the 1upyours show this week. I want to hear everyone's reaction to John ordering him to take psychiatric tests on the podcast.

EMBee99

hauton said:
SO THE COOKIE IS VAMP.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

VAMP = COOKIE
KNIVES = COOKIE-CUTTER
SWORD = EASY BAKE OVEN
+
MERYL

HOLY SHIT

And Raiden is a Triscuit cracker. And the ninja armor is the topping ON that cracker. And the sword is a toothpick designed to HOLD the cracker and the topping TOGETHER.

We're curing cancer next, folks.

EMBee99

Kuroyume said:
A reminder that Metal Gear dialogue really started to get painful after the first Solid game...

OH NO, THE TRUCK HAVE STARTED TO MOVE.
I FELL SLEEPY.

Dude, it's always been there. :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Orlics said:
If MS is Liquid Ocelot, which part is Liquid and which part is Ocelot?

Ocelot is the Zune. Think about it.

hauton

thetrin said:
Ocelot is the Zune. Think about it.

OMG so the Zune USED to be a Sony project that was done by Nintendo undercover agents but was then sold to Phantom Entertainment to sink him down but then Microsoft sent in J Allard and he took over the system.

MEGATON

I've said this before. Shane is an amazing commentator/analyst when talking about random games or games he's not personally invested in. But, when he starts in on games/franchises/consoles that he feels a personal attachment to, he has a hard time maintaining any kind of professionalism--even by the standards of games journalism, he has gotten pretty far afield in the past. This reminds a lot of his commentary about the console wars during the PS3 launch.

Ugh.

hauton

glaurung said:
Somebody send this to Kojima.

LOLs.

He'd reply that if Solid Snake was going to have a picnic, he'd bring a lobster, an egg salad sandwich and a bottle of Cheese Whiz.

Because within that statement holds the true answer of MGS4 exclusivity.

HINT: The PS3 is easy on the mustard. And the 360 is Organic Heinz Ketchup.

This just proves that if you try hard enough, you can turn one thing into a metaphor for something else. An when I say try, I mean take drugs.

That's pretty lame...I think the only conspiracy theory is that Konami isn't talking about the 360 version until after the PS3 version ships. Similiar to what happened with RE4 when it came to the PS2. But we'll see. Like was said...Maybe is PS3 sales pick up it won't be neccessary.

hauton

We will once you have another breakdown over him.

"OMG SHANE SUCH A LOSER HOW CAN ANYONE LIKE HIM HOW CAN HE EXIST ME ANGRY GWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR"

Top Bottom