• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shane Bettenhausen's MGS4 conspiracy theory

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
fernoca said:
e0b6daa87bbd91d00d57464701b49e9f.gif
:lol :lol :lol

Now I know why how these 9/11 conspiracy stories start... you start reading things on the net and you start to believe it..... thankfully most of us can snap out of it!

DieH@rd

Banned
Bwahahaha, really deep conspiracy. To bad it is totaly false.

Liquid wants to take over the world [maybe to take over power from Patriots], and Colonel wants him dead. FoxHound wants him dead.

And Snake is old man now, tired of killing...

All I have to say on this matter is that without a crazy conspiracy behind it, that trailer makes absolutely no sense and seems to be random sound clips from the game cut together over a cut-scene that makes absolutely no sense. Even for MGS standards this trailer is batshit.

sky

I think the trailer's just hinting at the new gameplay in MGS4.
Kojima has constantly been mentioning the idea of playing in a battlefield, but that it is still a sneaking game.

CAMPBELL: The system makes it possible to integrate not only micro-level information on individual soldiers and units...
But also macro-level information about field conditions and order of battle.

SNAKE: So, they've finally achieved total real-time battlefield control.
It's talking about playing the game!

Salazar

Mr. Pointy said:
I'm pretty sure something inside Shane's head broke.

Cue one of those intro scenes from House, where they zoom inside the body onto some synapse fork-lightning or a vessel gushing red where it shouldn't.

syfodyas

Banned
LMAO.

Great thread!

Its so simple at the end of the day, Kojima will always remain Sonys bitch and MGS4 remain on PS3 (for the foreseeable future) irrespective of its floundering sales because of the MOVIE DEAL.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Evil Bill Gates will score this exclusive away from the "infidels". He is all powerful.

ps2dontsuck.JPG

I believe Shane, he has unlocked a powerful secret. The truck have started to move.

-Timedog

Z_Y

Let's just pretend for one second that whoever dreamt this up wasn't bat shit insane....

This last bit to me indicates that MGS4 is not exclusive...

SNAKE (kojima): "I'm no hero, never was… Just an old killer...hired to do some wet work"

Snake (Kojima) isn't a hero (exclusive to save PS3) but rather a hired hand to do the dirty work (make games).

Eh...maybe i should have finished my coffee before I responded to this thread. But I doubt anyone will notice my crazy amongst all the other crazy in this thread...so it is all good.

BTW, thanks for reminding why I haven't enjoyed/completed a MGS game since MGS1. Sheesh. There is a word I'm looking for that describes this but I'm no English major. Ahh yes...here it is...ostentatious.

Oni Jazar

You know if this theory would have been about ANYONE OTHER THEN KOJIMA, I would have called this post crazy instantly. But Kojima is one crazy muther f-er. If someone would have sat you down 7 years ago and explained to you the whole story of MGS2 the reactions here would be exactly the same. :lol

MGS2 and 3 sold to something like 6% of PS2 owners and Kojima thinks that MGS 4 is a 'hired hit' on Microsoft? :lol

Anybody who thinks that one title can decide the battle between PS3 and 360 is on drugs. Shane is losing it.

commissar

sky said:
I think the trailer's just hinting at the new gameplay in MGS4.
Kojima has constantly been mentioning the idea of playing in a battlefield, but that it is still a sneaking game.
CAMPBELL: The system makes it possible to integrate not only micro-level information on individual soldiers and units...
But also macro-level information about field conditions and order of battle.

SNAKE: So, they've finally achieved total real-time battlefield control.

It's talking about playing the game!
Wow, this is actually plausible :O

Serious post in a conspiracy thread FTW

ThomPayne

Oni Jazar said:
You know if this theory would have been about ANYONE OTHER THEN KOJIMA, I would have called this post crazy instantly. But Kojima is one crazy muther f-er. If someone would have sat you down 7 years ago and explained to you the whole story of MGS2 the reactions here would be exactly the same. :lol
There's one flaw in your reasoning: No one can explain the story to MGS2. Nice try though.

Calcaneus

You know, when you get paid to talk about games, it probably would help to not do these things.

1.) It really could rile up the public.

2.) Its really out there.

Mash

I noticed some of the dialogue and undertones could have been construed like the fight between Microsoft and Sony the first time I saw it, I didn't think it was trying to be too subtle. But then again, any form of conflict can be forced to fit this scenario.

Rufus

Blablurn said:
first of all: lol

secondly: I also think that this Trailer has a deeper meaning. I don't think these are scenes we're going to the in the game. they are just too weird.
Too weird? What franchise are we talking about again? :lol

Anyway, was he drunk? When did he notice the first 'clues'? Does the system war occupy people's mind's really that much that they start to see things? Wait, ye it does. Stealth trolls confirmed.

skip

uh, guys...the crazy bolded stuff in the OP isn't from shane, as confessed by the OP himself.

thisisneogaf.dude

Frog

I don't think I'd go as far as the original post, but there are some things I think Kojima puts in that relate to himself or the MGS series in a "meta" sense. Similar to the last trailer, Snake is old and tired of fighting Metal Gears, Kojima is old and tired of making Metal Gears. They've been hired for one final "mission." Also, "Nine years" and "first/third generation" is just too perfect of a match. Kojima is crazy, this is the kind of stuff he does. I see it as more of a joke from Kojima rather than a "secret message". Don't forget last E3 (or was it TGS?): "Snake, Cell is the secret to winning the console war!"

Haunted

The Jason said:
well here's the deal, I attempted to transcribe the dialog to reveal a secondary meaning to each line.

there are probably many errors with my transcription but it does seem almost plausible considering the second half of the trailer was basically homosexual erotica between vamp and raiden.
n20950196430460632214er8.jpg

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
this is a new low for shane. and this is a man, let's keep in mind, who raised his fist and said 'sdf victory' when sony showed some good stuff at tgs

Chris_C

Why is everyone ragging on Shane? All he said is that it's possible it's a metaphor, and it's definitely possible. What's crazy is the OP, which Shane had nothing to do with. GAF, LEARN TO READ.

nofi

drohne said:
this is a new low for shane. and this is a man, let's keep in mind, who raised his fist and said 'sdf victory' when sony showed some good stuff at tgs

Dammit, it's got VERY LITTLE to do with Shane. I wish people would read.

4tu2alz.jpg

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
no, i'm aware that the full text isn't shane's. but reading sony propaganda into game dialogue is pretty far out there

Ristamar

drohne said:
no, i'm aware that the full text isn't shane's. but reading sony propaganda into game dialogue is pretty far out there

Very true. To be fair, didn't they pimp the Cell processor in the dialogue of the first MGS4 trailer? Of course, it wasn't exactly cryptic or subtle either.

Top Bottom