• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shane Bettenhausen's MGS4 conspiracy theory

Principal: Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Billy Madison: Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine.

timmy

And the funniest part is that anyone would reasonably think that an MGS "exclusive" would effectively "end" the console war.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
timmy said:
And the funniest part is that anyone would reasonably think that an MGS "exclusive" would effectively "end" the console war.

I agree, I don't think that any one game is a system seller anymore. Every platform has so many good games nowadays that you don't really miss one game from another console. I am not shedding any tears because I didn't get to play Resistance as I am sure PS3 owners are not shedding any tears because they haven't played Gears of War.
well, maybe, lol

But because of the huge budget for MGS, wouldn't it be a wise move for Konami to have that game on as many platforms as possible or atleast accept massive moneyhats to make up the lost income?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Tf53 said:
No, no, that's irrelevant. You have to think outside the box!
So what's outside the box? Was it inside before?
If yes, who put it out, and why is this thread so messed up?

Flo_Evans

hahhaahahaha

I was actually thinking the 'hidden' message was in the raiden/vamp fight.

I think the prolonged stabing and "will you be the one to finally finish me?" was a hint that kojima is burnt out on the series and wants to do something new.

Actually, Raiden is the Wii and his high-frequency (built-in speaker) sword is the Wii Remote. Ocelot is MS and Liquid is RRoD, while Foxdie is the disc scratching error.
Vamp is Viva Pinata (or perhaps Scene It) and Johnny Sasaki is Ken Kutaragi (trademark Kojima humor).

a.wd

CriscoDisco said:
This just proves that if you try hard enough, you can turn one thing into a metaphor for something else. An when I say try, I mean take drugs.

quoted for truth

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
nofilter said:
Dammit, it's got VERY LITTLE to do with Shane. I wish people would read.

4tu2alz.jpg

I'll quote this so it's on each page. Shane did not write that horrible transcript. That gift was from a special GAFer.

nofi

Truelize said:
I'll quote this so it's on each page. Shane did not write that horrible transcript. That gift was from a special GAFer.

Thanks. At the top of each page would be smashing.

=)

The Jason

I love how people are getting mad about this... it's obviously not a very serious topic :lol

and if people could read my first post they would know that I wrote the transcription, not shane, it's just his theory.

mollipen

FOR F**K'S SAKE... they're / their. It isn't rocket science. Even my fiance, who is still struggling to be at a "conversational" level when it comes to English, knows the difference.

Woo-Fu

Banned
nofilter said:
Dammit, it's got VERY LITTLE to do with Shane. I wish people would read.

4tu2alz.jpg

Maybe if we quote this pic often enough people will wake up.

Then again, who am I kidding?

It is like you guys are blaming Jesus for something Paul did.

arne

shidoshi said:
FOR F**K'S SAKE... they're / their. It isn't rocket science. Even my fiance, who is still struggling to be at a "conversational" level when it comes to English, knows the difference.

give it up, this will never happen.

JDSN

Banned
And to think I almost ignore this thread. :lol

This is funnier than that time in the PS3 IGN oard when a bunch of fanboys compared themselves to the Spartans of 300 because they were the ones keeping Sony alive until the reinforcements arrived.

Joe211

JDSN said:

This is funnier than that time in the PS3 IGN oard when a bunch of fanboys compared themselves to the Spartans of 300 because they were the ones keeping Sony alive until the reinforcements arrived.

link? :lol

The Jason

shidoshi said:
I wrote that at 1:30 in the morning, give the grammar policing a rest; theres tons of other ridiculous things to point out. :D

M3wThr33

Banned
Given the last line by Vamp, "Will you be the one to finally finish me?" I thought he was also alluding to MGS4 being the one to finish the series.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
That was the funniest thing I have read for years, the scary thing is I wouldn't put it past Kojima to actually have intended a similar sub-meaning to the trailer, especially as he would have got severe pressure to chuck MGS4 on 360.

What's nearly as funny is how many people who have actually attributed this to Shame himself, I think the thread title didn't help, oh Gaf.. :lol

JDSN said:

Only one slight flaw in that analogy......:lol

seat

Flo_Evans said:
hahhaahahaha

I was actually thinking the 'hidden' message was in the raiden/vamp fight.

I think the prolonged stabing and "will you be the one to finally finish me?" was a hint that kojima is burnt out on the series and wants to do something new.
I haven't read the initial reactions to the trailer on GAF yet, but I think the conspiracy is that the Vamp and Raiden fight took homoeroticism to new heights. It had to have been blatant, right?

"I'm going to get behind you as if we're spooning and deeply penetrate you with this long, hard knife! Deep, deep inside of you!"

Huge fan of the MGS series though, this game's gonna be awesome.

Top Bottom