• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PS3/4/Vita/360/XB1/WiiU/PC) Kickstarter [800K/400K Funded]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Het_Nkik

I like the Naga because I think it'll have some cool animations. I don't know how useful slithering and singing will be, though.

I want the tiger because it's adorable. Tiger should replace monkey.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
ChB2DYb.png

agfhngoawsetgor my suggestion

everyone should know that this should win the fan vote

Succubus Shantae is adorable.

I actually suggested Naga Shantae.Nice to see her.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entire update (to be complete):
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/618078

Update #36 17 HOURS LEFT! Lets do a Transformation Update!

bw4eyso.png

Hello everyone! It’s been an entire day of Twitch TV broadcasts over at WayForwardTV… juicy details are being revealed as we speak! If you haven’t tuned in yet, please do! Special guests are arriving by the hour... Don't miss this!

But before you go, here's our second batch of Creature Transformations which will be VOTED ON BY YOU (for those at the CONTRIBUTOR tier and above). Remember that today may not be the last calendar day of our campaign, but -- it is the LAST FULL DAY before we wind things down at 10:00AM! Help us make this game everything it can be in these final hours!

Now, lets take a look at a few more creatures Shantae might be transforming into!

BnCUUG3.png

ChB2DYb.png

Oh. And the Wayforward stream is still going on: http://www.twitch.tv/wayforwardtv

NoTacos

I back $15 (mighty no 9 took all my money sorry :/ ) but the amount of sheer free dlc for backers is astounding. So many extras, and it even has the drifter from Hyper Light! Wow.

I have never EVER heard of this series till freakin PAX during that Retro panel where the priced rare games. Still I have never played a Shantae game OR a Wayforward game. But the trailer sold me. $25.

I was a huge Mega Man fan and I didn't back Might No. 9 so it goes to show how rare it is that I think anything is worth my money these days. Also I have a huge crush on Mariel Cartwright which helped when I found out she was involved. lol

This game better end up being worth it.

I have never EVER heard of this series till freakin PAX during that Retro panel where the priced rare games. Still I have never played a Shantae game OR a Wayforward game. But the trailer sold me. $25.

I was a huge Mega Man fan and I didn't back Might No. 9 so it goes to show how rare it is that I think anything is worth my money these days. Also I have a huge crush on Mariel Cartwright which helped when I found out she was involved. lol

This game better end up being worth it.

The sequel: Risky's Revenge is free on iOS right now if you want to give the series a punt, also the GBC original is on 3DS VC now. Both are cracking titles : )

Ugggh, the new update is making me want to up my pledge...

The sequel: Risky's Revenge is free on iOS right now if you want to give the series a punt, also the GBC original is on 3DS VC now. Both are cracking titles : )

Ugggh, the new update is making me want to up my pledge...

I have NONE of those platforms unless you count my GBC and since the game is rare for GBC I doubt I'll be playing it. Doesn't bother me. This project need more support, glad to give it some.

bon

Looks like they're getting ready to play Sigma Star Saga on the steam.

I wish they could make a sequel to that game. The concept is really neat but it needed some refinement.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
lol I posted how I just bought Sigma Star Saga on amazon new recently and they told me to close my eyes and listen so I don't see too many spoilers. :p

TDLink

Man at the current pace and with the kickstarter ending in the middle of the day tomorrow, there is no way even $800k is going to happen. Really sucks :/

Man at the current pace and with the kickstarter ending in the middle of the day tomorrow, there is no way even $800k is going to happen. Really sucks :/
They will get there with the PayPal funding as long as they keep people informed of it.

At the current rate, they may only need to secure $50,000 or so extra after the Kickstarter closes.

jwk94

Watching the stream I picked up a couple of nice tidbits that you might want to know.

1. Lots of options for Paypal if you don't have the cash right now

• You can combine multiple Paypal payments for a higher.
  • You can combine a Kickstarter pledge with a Paypal pledge to go to a higher tier.

2. Jake Kaufman posted the roughs for the two songs he started on the stream.
https://soundcloud.com/virtjk/sets/shantae-half-genie-hero-drafts

Whoa. So I could up my pledge with paypal over some time to increase my tier? Is there a cutoff date?

I haven't heard a hard cutoff day but they have thrown out a few months as a time frame a few times.
I heard on the stream that they planned to keep the Paypal account open for "several months". Taking that at face value, if the donations continue to stay steady I don't see why more stretch goals can't be broken.
Really want that Hero Mode.

Crayons

Banned
I heard on the stream that they planned to keep the Paypal account open for "several months". Taking that at face value, if the donations continue to stay steady I don't see why more stretch goals can't be broken.
Really want that Hero Mode.

I hope if they don't reach a goal then they can develop it after releasing the game and release it as DLC.

I know they'll accept money after the KS ends, but it's not like this is Might No 9. Shantae is less popular.
They won't have far to go and they're keeping it open for a few months, I'm not sure where the pessimism is coming from.

I hope if they don't reach a goal then they can develop it after releasing the game and release it as DLC.
Matt Bozon mentioned that as a possibility, I think Hero Mode and any of the remaining bonus chapters will make it as DLC.

TDLink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom