• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PS3/4/Vita/360/XB1/WiiU/PC) Kickstarter [800K/400K Funded]

Status
Not open for further replies.
710k right now according to the stream.

$711,235 now

Todays numbers are starting to get close to the first day numbers:

dailypledges.png

Maybe 800k will be attainable in the next 13 hours?

mao2

Let's hope it'll reach $800K. Also, even if we can't have voice acting and animated cutscenes, I hope we'll still be able to get the hero modes and the remaining bonus chapters via DLC.

Mista Koo

That tiger is absolutely adorable. Replacing the monkey with it sounds like a great idea.

Naga is my favorite from the humanoid ones due to the unified body design (all of them should look like this).

ShinMaruku

Oh lawd a certain website
rule34 ahem
has put some 'art' up to commemorate the final Shantae push.

And YES Ibuki Shantae and Bikini Shantae are ours. Let's try to get that last one.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
A little basic color correction:

shantae_brown13syh.png
shantae_brown_spritew9sf0.png

I still like this one the best, but I'm glad they went further in this direction at least. Like others have said, it's a very nice complementary colour for the rich purple/red/gold.

I'm in for $15. Nice to see some fun animations, and I think the art style is the best so far in the series.

This will be a little goldmine for costume DLC if they go that direction.

antonz

up over 727k now. Like I said 800K should be doable even if it ends up a bit short PayPal long term should get it over the hump

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
800k would be sweet, but not sure it can get there overnight. Ah well, I'm happy no matter what.

So whatever happened to that Take Out Bandit guy?

He left GAF, but he's fully aware of this Kickstarter.

Lusankya

Just pledged $15, I really hope they somehow reach the 800K stretch goal.

I actually love all the other stretch goals, but 1.3 Million seems impossible, even if they allow donations via Paypal for quite some time.

CTLance

Ooh, soundcloud music and costumes. What a nice thing to return to. Now let us hope for 800+k$. Seven hours is still quite a bit of time.

I can't really go any higher than my current pledge level, and it's eating me. Dammit. Oh well, at least I'll have paid "full price". Sixty bucks are sixty bucks. I so want that coin though.

I wonder what I've missed on the livestream. Is there an archive of the events in the livestream somewhere? Maybe a liveblog or something?

Crub

Would anyone who has pledged $55 or above be willing to buy me an extra copy? I want the Tinkerbat transformation, but don't want to pay more than the cost of the game. I will pay you through PayPal in advance, of course!

CTLance

Finally managed to get home and check the livestream. Now they're playing their Aliens game. Awesome. I always wanted to try that, to be honest. Heard it was good. Certainly looks the part.

They do kinda suck at it though, kind of. Little wonder given how drained they must be by now.

CTLance

I just saw Uncensored WayForward Pixel Butt.

Also, the random hoots when another backer doubles his pledge or something are kinda funny. They nearly kill the mic every time.

CTLance

Next up is the Mighty Switch Force game for WiiU. Wish they didn't have to put the stream offline everytime they change things around.

CTLance

Aw poo. I wanted MSF, now we get Xtreme Sports. "The first WayForward game with WayForward style".

Actually scratch that, looks interesting.

CTLance

Xtreme Sports' Guppy looks veeeerrrrrry similar to the Stretchgoal rival Half-Genie. What a subtle callback. :D

Looks pretty fun, really. I missed out on a bunch of cool GBC-era games, it seems.

CTLance

That's nice. :)

Almost at 758k KS+Paypal. 41k to go in 4 hours. It's still within reach.

I think they may have done it at the beginning of the stream. I know they did MSF2 in the beginning
Yeah, but they intended to do some demo play of MSF for the WiiU again. InsteadOH GOD NOW IT'S SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH then WWF BETRAYAL!!!111 They're really digging through their past games. Awesome.

They are going to need a surge to actually pass $800 today, but I think it's a definite lock regardless, they won't have much to bring in through PayPal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom