• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei 4 announced for 3DS (Teaser site live)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I really feel that a world map is a bigger deal in terms of presentation than most people think, with regards to a numbered SMT. There's a clear evolution, and SMT4 should follow suit to meet expectations.

So expect 3D to be used in an interesting way for the world map?

Sophia

I really feel that a world map is a bigger deal in terms of presentation than most people think, with regards to a numbered SMT. There's a clear evolution, and SMT4 should follow suit to meet expectations.

I just hope they ditch the stupid little icon thingy. Actual animations for the world map or bust! ><;

cj_iwakura

Yeah, if they're going in, they better go in hard.

I hope Kaneko's on board.

SJ was great, but it was a spiritual successor to 1&2. This has a lot riding on it.

Eusis

Seriously, maybe people were most disappointed by Strange Journey being on a handheld, or it going back to first person, but I was most disappointed at how there wasn't a map to explore.

matmanx1

Well this is certainly fantastic news. I've never actually completed an SMT game (Persona games don't count right?) but Strange Journey and Digital Devil Saga were both pretty awesome. 3DS continues to be on fire!

bakedpony

Since Nocturne was basically prepping you to be Lucifer's main man, I hope this time around you get to be YHVH's. Of course you can still choose other paths but it should be the "true" path. Kinda like the True Demon Ending with the Amala Network. I think it's time we get to see the other side.

Then on SMT5, the MC's from SMT3 and SMT4 go face to face!!! SMT5 MC gets to choose which side to ally himself

Being part of a highly religious town, I get to explain to people why I have a giant 3d penis on my video game system. o_o

Because it's fucking AWESOME, that's why.

Also, I think a 3D world map for 4 would be sweet. Just thinking about it is starting to get me jazzed.

Anybody have any guesses as to when they think this is going to hit Japanese shelves?

cj_iwakura

Also, it has to be said, Index have to be the best parent company ever.

Nothing's changed at all, we're getting everything we ever dreamed.

Errr word from where?

Someone either here or at another board, last thing he did since SJ was a graphic novel, I heard.

The voices CJ receives from Venus.
i4YPhLNeFgV3A.gif

"Venus" rhymes with "penis."
ibjGBOOKeNexXt.gif

His source is Mara!

Wow at the great amount of people that are seriously considering getting a 3DS for this game. I tried to get into the first game but it wasn't my thing (specially the tactic sections, ugh). Either way, it's great to see that this requested and popular franchise will be a system seller for many. Let's hope it gets released worlwide.

Top Bottom